Considering to study in Canada after 12th? Looking for the right reasons and courses is important when looking at universities abroad. The country you choose for pursuing your degree makes a lot of difference in the opportunities you will have and in your overall career trajectory. Right? Don’t worry, if you wish to study in Canada after 12th, this is your ultimate guide!
Canada’s celebration of diversity and efforts at building a dynamic population has earned it a place among one of the most sought-after study abroad destinations.
The country credits itself for being ranked among the top 10 places to reside in the world and has over the years become an international hub of opportunities and possibilities. The country is also considered among the safest places to live in, thus making it a popular choice for studying.
Why Choose to Study in Canada after 12th?
- Well-recognized Universities– Canadian universities are among some of the most well-recognized universities of the world, with many of its universities such as University of Toronto, McGill University, and the University of British Columbia being among the top 100 universities in global rankings.
- Academic excellence at an affordable cost– Compared to the universities in the USA and the UK, Canadian universities provide equaling good opportunities as well as courses that are academically brilliant at a much economical cost.
- Work while studying– Canada presents the option of earning while you learn. Most international students apply for a work permit and work along with pursuing their degree to meet the costs of living.
- Vibrant and Diverse– The culture of Canada is diverse and dynamic. The campus life too is extremely vibrant. You will have an opportunity to engage with people that give various perspectives from around the globe.
- An influx of International Students- The country is home to approximately five million international students, making your decision to study in Canada after 12th a promising one.
Top Canadian Universities:
- University of Toronto- Founded in 1827, the University of Toronto is globally ranked at the 20th position and is considered as Canada’s premier university. This public university offers approximately 700 undergraduate programs. Of all those who enroll in the university, 80% are at the undergraduate level. This makes the University of Toronto a must-consider choice when planning to study in Canada after 12th.
- University of British Columbia– Established in 1908, this public university is a popular option among students. Globally ranked 29, the university provides housing options to first-year undergraduate students. While the tuition fee varies across courses, the accommodation options make it feasible for international students.
- McGill University– Globally RANKED 43rd, this public university founded in 1821 has a diverse student body with students from over 150 countries enrolling in the university. The university offers over 300 undergraduate programs.
- McMaster University- Founded in 1887, the university is home to over 3000 international students annually. The university offers courses in six main academic areas, these are- the DeGroote School of Business, social sciences, humanities, science, engineering and health science.
- University of Montreal– Established in 1878, this public university offers housing facilities for full-time graduate students. The University is also affiliated to HEC, Montréal, and Polytechnique Montréal. The university is home to over 8000 international students annually. The university also ranks at 5th among best universities of Canada.
Scholarship Opportunities to Study in Canada after 12th
While looking at universities, the tuition fee plays a major role in deciding whether you see that opportunity through. Most people are concerned with the scholarships being provided, if this was one of your concerns, we have enlisted the available options. There are a number of college-specific scholarships that are offered to international students applying to various courses at the undergraduate level. Some of the scholarships available for Indian students include-
- Concordia University International Undergraduate Awards
- Dalhousie University Scholarships
- Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Students
- Queen’s University International Scholarships
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award
Studying in Canada can open endless possibilities for you. Deciding to move to a new country after 12th can seem like a challenging task. If you feel uncertain about your decision, course or university and do not know if this is the right decision for you, you don’t need to stress yourself out over it. The mentors and counselors at Leverage Edu can help you make that decision so you don’t miss out on the opportunity to soar through your dreams.