If you are looking for a career in aviation to further your interest in studying the science of an aircraft, a bachelor’s degree in aviation is the right course for you. BSc Aviation is a bachelor’s degree program in aviation that constitutes learning the essentials of aircraft as well as their designing, developing and remodeling. Here is a comprehensive blog that includes all the information about BSc Aviation, its syllabus as well as the career prospects you can pursue after the course.
Overview of BSc Aviation
Aviation science can be referred to as the branch of science that deals with the operation and support systems of aircrafts. Aircrafts are defined as any machinery that is capable of flight such as jets gliders, helicopters, etc. Pursuing BSc Aviation helps you get a deeper understanding of how the logistics of an aircraft work in the public industry as well as the private industry. A degree in aviation science includes various courses, from courses in developing a model of an aircraft to courses that include training for flying an aircraft. This course will also equip you with professional prospects like airport traffic control and airport management.
Here are the major prerequisites to pursuing a degree in aviation science that will help you in deciding whether a course like BSc Aviation is right for you or not:
- BSc Aviation is a three-year undergraduate course.
- This course entails a blend of professional and scientific concepts like aircraft mechanics and airport management. It is not limited to learning how to fly an aircraft.
- You need to have a basic understanding of Physics and should belong to the science stream. A science stream includes studying subjects like physics, chemistry and maths in your high school curriculum.
Syllabus of BSc Aviation
Here are the key elements of this course that form the foundation of aviation. These central components will help you understand if you are interested in pursuing BSc Aviation:
- Air Regulations: Air regulations is a vast field of study which includes laws regarding aviation as well as practical topics like auditing and managing relevant aspects of aviation law with regard to public and private industry.
- Flying Experience/Flying Check: This course includes the mechanics and details of flying an aircraft. This subject is practical in its nature as it deals with handling aircrafts and learning the intricacies of flying an aircraft.
- Aircraft and Engines: This field of study looks at the mechanical aspects of aircraft and handles the theoretical and practical knowledge related to aircraft including machinery, tools and various parts of an aircraft. This subject also consists of modeling, designing and development of aircraft and its parts.
- Meteorology: Meteorology is the scientific study of the atmosphere. It plays an important role in the field of aviation because of its complex role in air traffic management. The weather conditions help in controlling and monitoring air traffic. Even slight changes in pressure or temperature in the atmosphere have a potential impact on the aircraft.
The core subjects offered in BSc Aviation by universities are:
- Flight Controls
- Jet Engine Fuel
- Aircraft Environment Control System
- Grid Navigation
- Aircraft Magnetism
- Fuel Planning
- Aircraft and Medicine
- Aircraft Accident and Investigation
Job Prospects after BSc Aviation
A degree course like BSc in Aviation opens immense career opportunities expanding to vast fields like airport management, aircraft management and learning mechanics behind the development of aircraft. Here we have listed the major job prospects in private as well as public sector that might interest you after completing BSc Aviation:
- Flight Test Engineer
- Air Traffic Controller
- Cargo Manager
- Airport Ground Duty Manager
- Flight Attendant
BSc Aviation is a lucrative course that gives an opportunity to explore the science of aircraft as well as pursue an extensive study of aviation. With this blog, you would have briefly understood all the different aspects of BSc Aviation. The next step is to select the right university and begin your application. If you are confused about which university is the right fit for you, let the experts at Leverage Edu assist you in gaining clarity, filling out the application and helping you create a soaring career in aviation.