The retail industry is one of the fastest-growing industries all over the world. With the advent of technology, people are now switching to online shopping which in turn has made this sector highly competitive. Thus, with the increase in the number of business establishments, the demand for trained retail professionals has also increased. To overcome the burden, many universities are now offering Retail Management courses. A sub-field of the general management program, these courses impart in-depth knowledge in areas like marketing strategies, product development, merchandising, brand management, sales, and human resource management. In this blog, we will shed light on the Retail Management courses, their prospects, and the universities offering these programs.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Retail Management
From BSc to BBA, there is an array of retail management courses offered at the bachelor level by various universities. Given below are some of the programs.
- Diploma in Retail Management
- B.Sc in Retail Managment
- BSc(Hons) in Fashion Management
- B.Sc in Retail and Service Management.
- BA in Fashion Management
- BA (Hons) in Fashion Design and Development
- BA (Hons) Fashion Buying and Merchandising
- BBA in Sustainable Fashion Management
- BBA in Retail Management
Master’s Degree Courses in Retail Management
Postgraduation courses are specialization programs which impart in-depth knowledge in your respective fields. Thus, pursuing higher education opens a wide range of career opportunities. Here is a list of some of the Retail Management courses offered at the master’s degree level.
- MSc in Retail Management
- MSc in Marketing and Retail Innovation
- MSc in Strategic Fashion Management
- MSc in Supply Chain and Purchasing Management
- MA in Luxury Fashion and Brand Management
- MA in Global Fashion Management
- Master in Fashion Collection Management
- MBA in Fashion and Art Management
- MBA in Retail Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Fashion Management
Major Universities and Colleges
Given below is a list of the universities which offer Retail Management courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- University of Leeds, UK
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- Stanford University, USA
- London School of Business, UK
- Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- Leeds Beckett University, England
- Columbia University, USA
- Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Macau University of Science and Technology
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
- University of Southampton, UK
- University of Arts, London
Retail Management courses impart knowledge in fields like Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain Management, and Strategic Management. Further, these programs also equip students with the necessary skills to manage and run stores. Thus, a degree in this field can provide a multitude of career opportunities. Listed below are some of the areas where a retail management professional can work in.
- Banking and Financing: You will be required to work closely with clients to help them manage their finances.
- Retail Operations: As a Retail Operator, you will be required to manage and run the retail stores, provide customer service, and manage financial transactions.
- Sales and Marketing: As a Sales and Marketing professional you will be required to retain and expand the client base and increase product sales.
- Merchandising: The work profile of a merchandiser is very diverse. Some of the responsibilities include maintaining the inventory of products, collaborating with the suppliers and manufacturers, creating promotional campaigns, etc.
Top Recruiters in Retail Management
Now that you are familiar with the areas of employment, here is a list of the companies which recruit Retail Management professionals.
- Walmart Inc.
- Schwarz Group
- Future Group
- Target Corporation
- Metro AG
- Kroger Company
- Ahold Delhaize
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd.
- Reliance Retail Ltd.
- Landmark Group
- Shoppers Stop Ltd.
Thus, there is a wide range of career opportunities after persuing Retail Management courses. If you are planning to pursue this program abroad but are confused about which university to choose, you can reach out to our Leverage Edu counselors and we will guide you in selecting a suitable university that matches your interests and help you kickstart your career.