Montreal is commonly regarded as Canada’s ‘cultural capital,’ as it is a multicultural, bilingual, and lively metropolis. Montreal is a popular choice among students from all over the world as it is home to some of Canada’s best universities. Montreal is an excellent choice for anybody seeking a quality education with a blend of vibrant cultures. Let’s explore everything you need to know about MBA in Montreal.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Duration||1 year – 2 years|
|Admission Intake||Fall (Deadline – Feb 1) Winter (Deadline – Sept 1) Summer (Deadline – Feb 1)|
|English Language Proficiency||TOEFL, IELTS|
|Exams||GMAT or GRE|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Montreal?
- Montreal provides a diverse range of fields to study at the university, college, and vocational levels, with 11 institutions, 60 colleges (private and public), and seven school boards. With over 200,000 students, including 42,000 foreign students, the city’s institutions have a strong reputation.
- Montreal, with a population of over 4 million people, is known for its inexpensive cost of living. Housing is twice as cheap as in many major cities in North America and Europe. As a result, housing costs are quite low for students who choose to study in Montreal.
- Montreal had the strongest job growth (+3.6%) among the 20 major cities in Canada and the United States in 2017. Furthermore, it is the most foreign-invested country in the Americas. International students with a study visa can obtain expertise in cutting-edge industries like aerospace, visual effects, video games, big data, virtual reality, life sciences, and health technology, or even fintech, thanks to the country’s favourable labour market.
Top MBA Colleges in Montreal
As per QS World University Rankings 2022, here are the top universities in Montreal that offer MBA:
|University||QS World University Rankings 2022.|
|John Molson school of business||#111-120|
|Queen’s University – Smith School of Business||#78|
Types of MBA in Montreal
In Montreal, a variety of MBA degrees are available to meet the different interests and needs of foreign students. Listed below are a handful of them:
|Full-Time MBA||2 years|
|Part-time MBA||3-6 years|
|Executive MBA||13 months|
Eligibility for MBA in Montreal
When applying for an MBA at any university in Montreal, you must meet the following minimum requirements to study in Montreal:
- The candidate must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution with the minimum grade point average specified by the university of choice.
- An average of 2-3 years of job experience (might not be required by some universities)
- A legitimate GMAT or GRE score, as well as English language competence scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, are also necessary.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
Also Read: Toronto vs Montreal
Students must familiarise themselves with the university calendar and apply for admission properly since the scorecard is valid for two years.
Cost of Study for MBA in Montreal
The cost of tuition varies per university in Montreal. The typical tuition fees for MBA programs in Montreal are listed below.
|Average Tuition Fees||32,574 USD to 89,174 USD||24,60,000 to 67,36,000 INR|
Cost of Living in Canada
Aside from tuition, the cost of studying in Montreal includes transportation, lodging, and other day-to-day expenses. Some of the expenditures that may be encountered when studying in Montreal are as follows:
|Expense||Cost (USD)(Per Annum)|
|Books & Material||1500 (1,12,584 INR)|
|Food||3000-5000 (2,25,169 – 3,75,281 INR)|
|Accommodations||4,500-10,000 (3,37,753 – 7,50,563 INR)|
|Entertainment||80-160/month (6,004 – 12,009 INR)|
Are you planning to study MBA in Montreal? Contact our Leverage Edu for end-to-end assistance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes session today!