For students interested in Commerce, Economics, Entrepreneurship or Finance, BBA Finance comes up as a popular choice. However, the competition and the variations in pursuing the course are immense. If you are a student looking for the course and need some guidance, we tried to provide you with an overview of BBA Finance!
|Total Semesters||6 (2 each year)|
|Eligibility||12 pass outs (Entrance exams for some colleges)|
|Average Course Fees||INR 2-5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5-10 lacs|
This Blog Includes:
What is BBA Finance?
B.B.A. Finance (Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance) is a three-year undergraduate program specialising in financial management. The aim of the program is to develop financial understanding among students and build relevant skills to tackle financial problems. In the corporate sector as well as governance, the financial department holds immense value and regard. From the management of taxes to government expenditure and debt, financial management is of the utmost need, thus this course has gained huge traction and significance.
The curriculum covers various concepts like financial statement analysis, financial markets, investment analysis, trading and portfolio management, and financial and risk modelling. It is a comprehensive 3-year course with a total of 6 semesters. Practical training combined with core subjects like economics, mathematics, accounting, banking etc. makes this program a popular career choice for students.
Relevant Read: MBA in Finance
Who Should Opt for BBA Finance?
You can opt for BBA Finance if you are interested in these:
- Senior secondary pass outs, especially commerce students, who are interested in economics, finance, and accounting can have this course as their priority.
- Students who have an analytical and mathematical inclination, as well as an interest in business, should definitely try out this course.
- Individuals aiming to make a career in the finance department as financial advisors, consultants, or starting their own business can also opt for this course. CA aspirants can also do their graduation in this course.
- The course will supplement an individual’s understanding of investment, and financial capital, help them forecast economic patterns, evaluate job results, balance risks and learn business management.
Eligibility for BBA Finance
Here are the eligibility criteria for BBA Finance:
- The BBA finance course is for students who have cleared their senior secondary examinations i.e. class 12th.
- Pertaining to the high competition, a good academic score is important for admission.
- Each college defines the minimum percentage required for admission as the qualifying criteria in their college.
- Some colleges offer direct admission based on merit while many colleges host entrance examinations for admissions as well.
- Personal interviews, group discussions, etc may also be conducted by colleges as a part of the admission process.
Thus, specifically, the eligibility criteria to get admission to BBA Finance depends upon the college one is choosing. There are several governments as well as private universities offering this course. Even outside the country, many esteemed colleges offer this program. One can get better-detailed information from the information brochure of the college which can be either collected from the college campus or downloaded from the website of the college.
Entrance-Exams for BBA Finance in India
There are many entrance tests conducted for admission to BBA Finance. Check them out here:
- DU JAT(Delhi University Joint Admission Test) – National level entrance exam for 16 colleges affiliated with DU.
|DU JAT 2023 Events||Date|
|DU JAT 2023 Application Form Release Date||February 9 2023|
|Application Correction Window||March 15 to March 18 2023|
|DU JAT 2023 admit card release date||TBA|
|DU JAT 2023 Exam Date||May 21 to 31, 2023|
- SET: Symbiosis Entrance Test
|Upcoming Exam Dates||Dates|
|SET 2023 registrations||11 Jan ’23 – 12 Apr ’23|
|SET 2023: Last date of Registration and fee payment||12 Apr ’23|
|SET 2023 admit card availability (Test 01)||22 Apr ’23|
|SET 2023 admit card availability (Test 02)||28 Apr ’23|
|SET 2023 (Test 01)||6 May ’23|
|SET 2023 (Test 02)||14 May ’23|
|SET result announcement||24 May ’23|
- IPU CET: Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
|Particulars||IPU CET Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Starting Date of IPU CET 2023 Application Form||March 2023|
|Last Date to submit IPU CET 2023 Application Form||April 2023|
|Release of IPU CET 2023 Admit Card||To be announced|
|IPU CET 2022 Exam Date||April 2023|
|Announcement of IPU CET 2023 Result||May 2023|
- NPAT: NMIMS Programs After 12th
|Upcoming Exam Dates||Dates|
|NMIMS NPAT Registration Window||1 Dec ’22 – 21 May ’23|
|NPAT Exam Admit Card||6 Dec ’22 – 23 May ’23|
|NPAT Exam Scheduling||6 Dec ’22 – 23 May ’23|
|NPAT Exam Dates||4 Jan ’23 – 31 May ’23|
|NPAT Merit List||Jul ’23|
- CAT: Common Admission Test
|CAT 2023 Official Notification||July 2023|
|Start Date for Registration||August 2023|
|Last Date for Registration||September 2023|
|Opening of Form Correction Window||September 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||October 2023|
|CAT 2023 Exam Date||November 2023|
|CAT 2023 Results Announcement||December 2023|
- XAT: Xavier Aptitude Test
|XAT Notification||9 August 2022|
|XAT Registration Date Starts||10 August 2022|
|XAT Registration Date Ends||30 November 2022|
|XAT Admit Card Release||20 December 2022 onwards|
|XAT Exam Date||8 January 2023|
|XAT Results||31 January 2023|
Syllabus for BBA Finance
The complete course that is taught under BBA Finance may vary depending on the college. The following is a list of general subjects that are covered while one pursues this course. To get a more detailed understanding of one’s subjects for each semester, one can check on the official website of the college they want to pursue.
- Basic Accounting
- Business Communication
- Business Environment
- Business Law
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Corporate Strategy
- Database System
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology in Management
- Logistics Management
- Macro Economics
- Management Theory and Practices
- Marketing Management
- Micro Economics
- Operations Management
- Organization Behaviour
- Production and Operation Management
- Research Methods for Business
- Statistics for Managers
Apart from the core subjects, there are electives which the students can choose from. The course also includes undertaking financial projects, research papers, thesis writing or internships based on an individual’s interests.
Must Read: Short Term Courses in Finance – 2023 List
List of Colleges for BBA Finance in India
There are several colleges within and outside India providing the BBA Finance program. Following is the list of colleges one can check:
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM) (Part of IIT Bombay)
- Madras Christian College
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Quantum University, Roorkee
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi University
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Delhi University
- Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce, NMIMS University, Mumbai
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute, (GGS-IPU), Delhi
- Amity Business School, Noida
- BITSoM, the BITS School of Management, Mumbai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
- Lala Lajpat Rai College of Communication & Economics, Mumbai
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Pennsylvania
- Bocconi University
- University of California
- National University of Singapore
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Erasmus University
- Columbia University
- New York University
- University of Wisconsin
- IFM Business School, Geneva Switzerland
- University of Wroclaw
An integrated course for BBA+MBA as well. Attractive courses to pursue BBA Finance also exist in countries like Canada, the USA, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand etc.
Must Read: Best Universities for Finance in UK
Fees for Pursuing BBA Finance
The fees required for the course depend on the college that you choose to study. The average course fees to pursue BBA Finance in India may vary from 2-5 lacs while it is about 10-40 lacs if pursued abroad. Factors like infrastructure, college faculty and other amenities provided by the college may affect the fees for the course.
Must Read: Master of Finance
After you have pursued BBA in Finance, there are several career paths that you can take. You can decide to pursue education further which includes pursuing an MBA or even a PhD. There are other specialisation programmes as well. Students can even pursue their careers in CA or prepare for government jobs like civil services.
Financial management graduates can work in risk management, retail, private business, insurance management, finance, treasury, sales and trade, and the stock market.
Major Job destinations that BBA Finance can lead to are as follows:
- Financial Manager/Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Credit Analyst
- Operation Manager
- Accounting Manager
- Risk and Insurance Manager
- Finance Manager
- Cash Manager
- Finance Director
- Financial Advisors
- Finance Associates
- Portfolio Manager
- Chief Investment Officer
- Investing Sales Traders
- Investment Banker
- Data Scientist
- Blockchain Expert
Jobs and Salary
The salary offered will depend on an individual’s score, experience, job profile and other factors. On average, the average starting salary for a BBA Finance graduate will be about INR 4.5-5 lacs. It varies from 2.5 to 10 lacs. Students can increase their exposure as well as gain higher education like MBA to enhance their salary packages.
|Job Profile||Average Salary (per annum)|
|Financial Manager||INR 5.15 lakh|
|Credit analyst||INR 5.5 lakh|
|Business analyst||INR 4.5 lakh|
|Investment Banker||INR 9.61 lakh|
|Operation Manager||INR 6.7 lakh|
|Data Scientist||INR 6.9 lakh|
Also Read: Career in Finance: Cracking the Code to Success
The course is comprehensive and might seem tougher than other bachelor’s degrees, but based on an individual’s interests and capabilities, it would not be hard. Those who are interested in the financial and business sector should definitely pursue it as it will fit perfectly to their interests and equip them with the required skills.
Maths is an important subject in the course, however, it is not a mandatory requirement to have maths in class 12th for admission in some colleges.
BBA provides a course focused on management and entrepreneurship while BBA Finance allows students to enhance their understanding of the financial sector for the ones who wish to be future financial professionals. Various aspects of finance like investments, financial engineering, portfolio management, corporate finance etc. are covered under this.
The scope and future prospects of pursuing an esteemed management course like BBA Finance are endless. The overall subject line is highly resourceful and rewarding for people interested in finance. If you’re one of them, do connect with our experts in Leverage Edu, who’ll ensure that you make the best of the opportunities!
How many subjects can we take?
Which are the subjects are good for the future?
How many subjects can we take?
Which are the subjects are good for the future?