Canada has been ranked at the third position amongst the ‘best counties for education’ as per the U.S. News 2019. The country’s government has invested immensely in the education sector and is consistently striving to become an internationally renowned study destination. Offering affordable courses and economical costs of living, Canadian institutions are noted for academic excellence and have worked extensively in the domain of research as well. Having a culturally diverse environment, the country has also featured amongst the safest country to study in the Global Peace Index 2018. Pursuing a master’s degree in Canada, you can not only avail global exposure into your field of interest but you can also delve deeper into the research arena. Through this blog, we will take a look at the varied range of courses and institutions offering Masters in Canada.
Why study Masters in Canada?
Home to over 90 academic institutions, Canada offers a plethora of master’s degree programs in almost every field of study. In 2018, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) ranked Canada as the world’s most educated country with over 56% of its adults having earned some kind of education after completing high school. Canadian universities and colleges offer globally recognized postgraduate degrees in almost every field such as Medicine, Politics, Technology, Business, Media, amongst others. Let’s take a look at the major reasons why opting for masters in Canada can help you get closer to your career goals:
- Incremental importance has been given to research when it comes to master’s degree courses offered in Canada. The academic institutions encourage postgraduate students to avail research opportunities in order to delve deeper into their chosen field of study and attain extensive knowledge that is more than just a degree.
- For master’s degrees, the cost of studying in Canada is comparatively affordable than mainstream countries like the UK and the USA.
- International students can choose from various enticing scholarships offered by Canadian universities and specially designed for meritorious candidates seeking affordable education. When it comes to degree courses for masters in Canada, there are copious financial aid schemes that provide students with the required monetary assistance to pursue their dream program.
- If you want to explore full-time job opportunities after completing your masters in Canada, you can further apply for work permit which can be acquired through quite a simplified procedure.
As there are numerous institutions offering a plethora of master’s degree programs in Canada, the eligibility criteria might differ from one university to another. Below we have listed down some of the common eligibility criteria you need to keep in mind while applying for masters in Canada.
- Graduation degree equivalent to Canadian bachelor’s degree i.e., 10+2 and 3 or 4 years of undergraduate degree program.
- Countable work experience in your chosen field of study.
- English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL are demanded as an integral part of the application process for masters in Canada.
- Candidates willing to opt Engineering or Management degree also have to qualify GMAT and GRE.
Masters in Canada: Top Institutions & Courses
From Management to Fine Arts, students can choose from a wide range of postgraduate courses offered by Canadian universities. The following table elucidates some of the popular universities and courses you must consider while exploring your options for pursuing masters in Canada:
|Name of the University||Popular Courses|
|Westford University College||Masters of International Business (1 year)|
|Royals Roads University||Masters of Global Management (1 year)|
|Vancouver School of Theology||Masters of Divinity/ Masters of Divinity by |
Extension (3 years)
Masters of Theology (3 semesters)
|Adler University||Masters of Psychology (2 years)|
|University of Dundee||Master of Education|
|University of Toronto||Masters of Medium Studies (2 years)|
Master of Information (2 years)
Masters of Museum Studies(2 years)
|Wycliffe College||Masters of Theological Studies in Development (2 years)|
Master of Divinity (3 years)
|University of Lethbridge||Masters of Fine Arts|
|Trent University||Masters of Management (16 Months)|
|The Centre for Digital Media||Masters of Digital Media|
|The Global Alliance in |
|Masters in International Management|
|McGill University||Masters of Management in Analytics (12 months)|
Masters of Management in Finance (12 months)
|Universite Du Quebec En |
|Masters in Social Sciences of Development (3 years)|
Masters in Project Management (30 months)
|University of British Columbia||MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering |
Masters of Engineering in Chemical and Biological
Engineering (12 months)
|Saint Mary’s University||International Masters of Teaching English (16 months)|
Opening doors to a multitude of striking opportunities, opting for your masters in Canada can not only help you gain extensive knowledge and exposure into your field but you can also discover plenty of career prospects after the completion of your course and eventually get settled in the country. Reach out to our Leverage Edu experts and we’ll guide you in choosing a suitable master’s degree course and university in Canada as well as throughout the application process to get you successfully shortlisted.