Study in Canada is a wonderful option for Indian students to kickstart their career in any field ranging from Science to Arts. There are a handful of good universities across the globe which are known to provide excellent education in Liberal Arts. One of the prominent names in the list includes Acadian University situated in Canada. It is considered to be the #1 Liberal Arts university in the entire Nova Scotia. With a rich heritage of over 150 years, the university provides a unique learning experience to the students. Let us go through this blog to have a closet look at Acadia University!
This Blog Includes:
Acadia University – Fast Facts
|Location||Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Programs||Arts, Pure and Applied Science, Professional Studies, and Theology|
|Total No. Of Students||3999|
|Average Class Size||28|
|Eligibility||IELTS/TOEFL/PTE and GRE|
Why Study at Acadia University?
There are a bunch of reasons to choose Acadia University over other Canadian universities for higher education. Have a look at the points given below to understand each of them in depth and make a well-informed decision later on:
- The University Vision: Acadia University aims at ‘providing balanced, rigorous, distinguished, and purposeful academic and co-curricular programmes that ensure a personalized liberal education for undergraduate and graduate students that prepares them to become leaders in a complex world.’
- University Campus Highlights: Instituted in 1838, Acadia University is located in Nova Scotia Canada and is surrounded by vineyards and farmlands which adds beauty to the Campus.
- Student Life: Student life at Acadia University is pleasant because the students enjoy comfortable facilities and services like Academic and student support, Health Centre, Counselling Centres, Residence & Housing, Technology Services, Safety & Security.
- Sports and Clubs: The Athletics Program is one of the most popular courses with a lineage of 145 years. Acadia University takes immense pride in its sports clubs and teams and encourages students to participate in such activities. To maintain the athletic tradition, the university organizes many conferences and national championship programs than any other university in Atlantic Canada. Acadia University has 11 varsity teams and 15 athletic clubs. The Axewomen and Axemen of Acadia University enthusiastically participate in the Atlantic university sports conference of U Sports. The university keeps maintaining and installing all-weather sports tracks, and also announced a partnership with different swimming clubs which led to the return of swimming competitions in the university after 14 years.
- Library: With a dedicated team of librarians, archivists, staff and students’ assistance, Acadia University’s Vaughan Memorial Library is a six-floor space with multimedia resources and many digital resources. The library holds spaces for the individual as well as group studies.
- Acadia University Student Union: ASU of Acadia University Mission Statement: “ASU believes in and upholds the values of integrity, excellence, and respect while recognizing the importance of fun, community spirit, and the tradition upon which the Union was founded.”
- Research: The research topics at Acadia University are meticulously chosen so as to set a positive global impact and redefine research with 15 centres. The research taps various topics like ethnocultural diversity, social justice, climate change, and many more. Undergraduate students are also encouraged to conduct their research in the preferred fields.
Also Read: How to Write an SOP to Study in Canada?
Academic Programs at Acadia University
Acadia University provides high-class academics with a professional faculty of 200+ members. The university has preserved its roots by maintaining the Theology department which focuses on the practical foundation of Christianity. With the addition of unique courses like Music, theatre, theology and demanding languages like-German, French and Spanish; Acadia University provides students with 200 flexible degree options to choose from. Let’s look at various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the university.
|Undergraduate Programs||Postgraduate Programs|
Mathematics and Statistics
Along with the above mentioned academic programs, Acadia University has made a significant mark by adding the Cooperative Education Program to encourage students to expand their learning through experience. Many industries and employers hire students from Acadia University for their assistance on special projects where students get to enhance their abilities. This unique training also helps students increase their network and also earn while studying. The co-op education program has many undergraduate and graduate courses:
- Bachelors of Arts
- Bachelors of Science
- Bachelors of Business Administration
- Bachelors of Community development
- Bachelors of Computer Science
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics & Statistics
It is important to follow each step carefully to apply at this University to get chosen at Acadia University.
- Browse the Programs that Acadia University has to offer and choose accordingly.
- Apply online on the website and make sure you save every page before exiting.
- Application processing fee- $40 CDN (Roughly 2,228 INR) for all undergraduate programs and $50CDN for all graduate programs. (credit card only)
- Academic Transcripts of all previously attended bachelors and high-school studies.
- A resume is also necessary for the application process with highlights of work experience, extra-curricular activities and achievements.
- An IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 90 is required for the English Proficiency test.
- The GRE exam is waived off for this year’s masters students. However, candidates are required to submit the research statement and applied interest statements.
- 2 reference letters are necessary for all programs apart from MSc in Psychology, which requires 3 reference letters along with the referee’s information.
- After completing the application and submitting the necessary documents, the college will reach out to the candidates in 3-4 business days.
Scholarships at Acadia University
Acadia University offers a great scholarship facility for potential students. It promotes international student flow by recognizing competent students and rewards them. The University has over 45 scholarships for Indian citizens. A few of them are:
- Go Clean Scholarship (2,64,355 INR)
- Hani Zeini Scholarship ( 75,530 INR)
- Global Study Awards (9,36,800 INR)
- Jared J. Davis Scholarship ( 75,530 INR)
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship (7,55,300 INR)
Acadia University is filled with opportunities situated in the world’s happiest country-Canada. Hope this blog helped you explore the university’s highlights. For further assistance, reach out to our team of experts at Leverage Edu.