Canada has been one of the top choices for aspiring students as it offers quality educational standards, safety, affordability, flexible immigration, and numerous research possibilities. Canadian universities accept students round the year during their three intakes, namely Fall, Winter and Summer. While the fall intake is most famous, the summer intake in Canada is popular amongst students planning to take up short term courses like diplomas and summer courses. If you are aiming for a short term course in Canada, summer intake is for you.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Canada?
Before we understand the process of summer intake in Canada, we must learn why you should choose to study in Canada.
- Academic Excellence – Canada is known for its academic excellence and world-class educational infrastructure. With highly qualified faculties belonging to diverse fields of study, Canadian universities have consistently topped world rankings.
- Affordability – The tuition fees, accommodation, meals, traveling, and other living expenses while studying in Canada are relatively cheaper in comparison to the UK and US for Indian students.
- Diverse Culture – With people coming from across the world, celebrating their festivals and rituals, the multicultural environment encourages diversity and harmony amongst people. Thus making it one of the peaceful countries to study abroad.
- Immigration Opportunities – After your graduation, you are allowed to stay and work in Canada for up to 3 years, thanks to Canada’s post-study work permit program. You get an opportunity to get the necessary international and industrial exposure through jobs in Canada with work permits.
Duration and List of Documents
The summer intake in Canada generally spans between the months of May to August. As far as the deadlines for summer intake are considered, it falls around January and February. It is important to note that the final deadline may vary from one university to another. Further, every applicant is required to keep their documents ready when applying to various courses during the May intake. Here is a list of the key documents that you need:
- Duly attested mark sheets of 10th and 12th class
- Transcripts of the last qualifying examination
- Degree/ provisional degree/ course completion certificate
- GRE/ GMAT scores
- IELTS/TOEFL score sheet
- 2-3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Valid passport
- Latest passport-size photographs
- Certificates of extracurricular activities, if any
Schedule for Summer Intake in Canada for the year 2022
In Canada, the admissions process and application forms for the summer intakes start early. The entire procedure begins a year before the original application form submission deadline. If you wish to study in Canada during the summer intake session, you should begin the application process as soon as possible.
|Begin Research (April 2021-August 2021)||The process initiates with you researching and looking for the universities offering best courses, facilities, and student support services. You should shortlist the one matching your requirements.|
|Time to Prepare and Attempt Standardised Tests (September 2021-December 2021)||Think thoroughly and prepare well for standardized tests such as GRE, GMAT, IELTS & TOEFL. It is best to be well prepared before you attempt these exams.|
|Finish completing Application Forms (January 2022-February 2022)||It is essential to be on time. Fill out your forms and submit them on time. You must submit your form with all the necessary documents.|
|Reply to the emails from universities (February 2022-March 2022)||You must reply to all the emails you receive from different colleges and universities. It is important to be prompt in the admission process.|
|Work out your finances(April 2022-May 2022)||It is extremely beneficial to research and apply for the best student loans, financial aids, and scholarships.|
Confused about which course fits you the best? Check out our AI Course Finder Now!
Step-by-Step Guide for Summer Intake in Canada
By following these simple steps, you will be able to make it through your dream Canadian university in Canada-
Step 1: Begin Your Research
- The majority of universities in Canada are open for the summer intakes. Thus, you must start with your application as early as possible.
- You should thoroughly research the universities offering courses of your choice and make a list of their deadlines for the summer intakes.
Step 2: Competitive Exams
- Start preparing for the competitive level entrance exams like SAT, GMAT, GRE, etc as per the requirement of your course
- You must qualify for language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc. So start preparing for such a test after checking the requirements of your course
- Make sure that you have around 2 weeks of time between results and the application submission deadline
Step 3: Start Applying to Universities
- Once you have selected the universities offering summer intakes in Canada, now is the time to commence your application.
- Make sure that you attach all the necessary documents like LOR, SOP, etc that describe how unique you are as an applicant.
- While submitting an application, keep track of deadlines for all the colleges and universities that have been shortlisted for May 2022.
Step 4: Acceptance Letter and Interviews
- In response to your application, universities will reply to you through an email and if selected you will receive an invitation for the interview
- A majority of these colleges offer first come first serve basis during the admission, quickly reply to the colleges where you have been accepted
- In order to accept the invitation from the university, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable confirmation deposit fee.
Step 5: Visa Application or Education Loan/ Scholarship Application
- If you are looking forward to applying for an education loan, now is the right time to go for it as you have already received your acceptance letter.
- If opting for the route of a scholarship, do not forget to submit your application before the closing of dates.
- Simultaneously, start your visa application so that you can timely receive your visa for Canada
Step 6: Tickets and Departure
- After completing the entire process, finally, it is time to book your tickets and fly high to Canada.
- Do not forget to carry all your important documents along with their photocopies
- Having an international debit or credit card will help you manage your expenses better in Canada
Isn’t the Whole Process So Tiring? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and simply book your FREE Counselling session and we will take care of everything for your admission in Canada!
Summer Intake in Canada: Universities
With a large number of top universities, pursuing higher studies in Canada can be highly advantageous. But there is a limited number of universities that offer summer intakes in Canada.
- University of Waterloo
- Ryerson University
- University of Manitoba
- Carleton University
- University of Ottawa
- University of Calgary
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- University Canada West
- Trent University
Courses Available in Summer Intake in Canada
- Fashion Designing
- Computer Science
Are you planning to study during the summer intake in Canada but not sure where to start? Our counsellors at Leverage Edu will lend you a helping hand. Book a free 30 minutes consultation with our experts as we will help you throughout your study abroad journey, from choosing the best universities for you to the visa process.