Do you wish to study in Canada but are sceptical due to financial constraints? Canada is one of the most economical destinations to study abroad, yet, managing the entire tuition fee is a cumbersome process. For anyone facing such issues, the best solution is to apply for scholarships in Canada. The Canadian government along with universities in Canada and various other private organisations offer a plethora of advantageous scholarships. If you are awarded any one of the scholarships being offered you can fulfil your dream of pursuing overseas education. So let’s get started and explore some of the scholarships to make your dream of studying in Canada come true!
This Blog Includes:
- Scholarships in Canada for Bachelor’s Courses
- Scholarships in Canada for Master’s Courses
- Popular Scholarships in Canada
Scholarships in Canada for Bachelor’s Courses
For all the aspirants who are looking forward to pursuing UG courses in Canada, listed below are some of the popular scholarships in Canada that are exclusively open for UG course applicants.
York University International Student Scholarships
The York University offers the Global Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships and the International Entrance Scholarships of distinction to international students who are willing to pursue bachelors courses. $80,000 for 4 years will be provided under Global Leader of Tomorrow whereas 1,40, 000 dollars for 4 years will be given for International Entrance Scholarships.
- Candidates must have a study permit to pursue studies in Canada
- Candidates must have directly applied to York University
- Excellent academic background with a minimum A grade or its equivalent
Must Read: Cost of MBA in Canada for Indian Students
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at University of Toronto
The scholarship is available for the students who are eager to become a part of the University of Toronto. Candidates can utilise the scholarship to apply for any of the UG courses available at University of Toronto. Every year around 37 international students are selected for this program. Tuition fee, incidental fees, accommodation charges along with expenses for study material will be covered for 4 years under the scholarship.
- Candidates must have a study permit to pursue an education in Canada
- Applicants must be in the final year of secondary school
Check Out: Cost of Studying in Canada
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
The University of Calgary offers this scholarship. It is one of the most prestigious scholarships in Canada that is awarded to students having an outstanding academic background. The criteria for the scholarship is not only an outstanding background in terms of academics but also extra-curricular activities. In the total period of four years $60,000 will be allotted to students, that is, 15000 dollars every year.
- Candidates who are already registered in a full-time Under Graduate program can apply for the scholarship
- It is mandatory to have a minimum of 3.20 GPA to become eligible for the scholarship
Here are some other important scholarships in Canada-
- Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
- Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders
- Carleton Prestige Scholarships
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
Related Read: MBA Without Work Experience in Canada
Scholarships in Canada for Master’s Courses
Managing funds especially for Masters courses is a tough nut to crack. If you are planning to pursue PG courses in Canada, then, here are the popular scholarships in Canada that you can apply to-
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
To allow international students to pursue excellent academic opportunities in Canada, the Vanier CGS group offers this scholarship. Around 166 scholarships will be allotted under the scheme in which $50,000 per year for consecutive three years will be awarded to the students.
- The candidate must be nominated by only one Canadian institution
- Must be pursuing there first master’s or doctoral degree
Related Read: Non SPP Colleges in Canada
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
The University Graduate Fellowships by the University of Manitoba, offer scholarships in Canada for more than 2 million dollars. Offered by the University of Manitoba, this scheme will offer $14,000 per year for 12-24 months under UMGF Master’s awards.
- The candidates must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- It is necessary to secure admission in a full-time Masters course in University of Manitoba
Apart from these ones, other popular scholarships in Canada for Masters courses are-
- University of Waterloo Master’s Award for Excellence
- University of Calgary Graduate Award
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
Must Read: Canada Student Visa IELTS Band Requirements
Popular Scholarships in Canada
Mentioned below is a detailed list of scholarships in Canada
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Other Masters Programs
- Jared J Davis Grant
- Hani Zeini Scholarships
- Ritchie- Jennings Memorial Scholarship
- Erasmus Scholarship
- QS Undergraduate Scholarship
- GyanDhyan Scholarship
- University of Alberta- India First Year Excellence Scholarship
- Women Techmakers Scholarship Program
- CCSE Gradu
We hope that after reading this blog on scholarships in Canada, you are all set to apply for the university of your choice. If you are confused about the intricacies of the process or want to know about scholarships in the country of your choice, then get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and they will help you in finding the right scholarship to study abroad. Book an e-meeting with us today.