Do you wish to study in Canada but are sceptical due to financial constraints? Canada is one of the most economical destinations to study abroad, yet, managing the entire tuition fee is a cumbersome process. For anyone facing such issues, the best solution is to apply for scholarships in Canada. The Canadian government along with universities in Canada and various other private organisations offer a plethora of advantageous scholarships. If you are awarded any one of the scholarships being offered you can fulfil your dream of pursuing overseas education. So let’s get started and explore some of the scholarships to make your dream of studying in Canada come true!
This Blog Includes:
- Scholarships in Canada for Bachelor’s Courses
- Scholarships in Canada for Master’s Courses
- Popular Scholarships in Canada
Scholarships in Canada for Bachelor’s Courses
For all the aspirants who are looking forward to pursuing UG courses in Canada, listed below are some of the popular scholarships in Canada that are exclusively open for UG course applicants:
- York University International Student Scholarships
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
- Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
- Winnipeg President’s Scholarship for World Leaders
- Carleton Prestige Scholarships
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
York University International Student Scholarships
Scholarship Amount: 1,000 CAD to 35,500 CAD (which is 57,650 INR to 20,46,545 INR)
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
York University provides overseas candidates who are able to take bachelor’s courses with the World Champion of Tomorrow Scholarships and International Entrance Scholarships with distinction. Under the Global Leader of Tomorrow, $80,000 will be offered for 4 years, while $1.40, 000 will be given for International Entrance Scholarships for 4 years.
- Candidates must have a study permit to pursue studies in Canada
- Candidates must have directly applied to York University
- Excellent academic background with a minimum A grade or its equivalent
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at University of Toronto
Scholarship Amount: Tuition & Fees, Living Expenses, Accommodation, AirFare/Travel Expenses, Health Cover, Health Cover and Application.a
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
The University of Toronto‘s Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program is structured to reward international students who show outstanding academic success and innovation and who are regarded within their school as representatives. The student’s effect on the life of their school and community and their possible opportunity to adapt significantly to the global community are given particular importance. These grants, awarded annually, honour exceptional students from around the world, including foreign students enrolled at high schools in Canada. This is U of T’s most coveted and successful foreign student scholarship. Approximately 37 students are called Lester B. Pearson Scholars each year.
- Candidates must have a study permit to pursue an education in Canada
- Applicants must be in the final year of secondary school
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
Scholarship Amount: CAD 15,000 which is Rs 8,13,450
Scholarship Application Deadline: NA
The University of Calgary offers this scholarship. It is one of the most prestigious scholarships in Canada that is awarded to students having an outstanding academic background. The criteria for the scholarship is not only an outstanding background in terms of academics but also extra-curricular activities. In the total period of four years $60,000 will be allotted to students, that is, 15000 dollars every year.
- Candidates who are already registered in a full-time Under Graduate program can apply for the scholarship
- It is mandatory to have a minimum of 3.20 GPA to become eligible for the scholarship
University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
Scholarship Amount: 16,000 CAD- 20,000 CAD (renewable for up to 3 years)
Scholarship Application Deadline: NA
The University of British Columbia provides more than CAD 200 million annually through UBC scholarships, honours, scholarships, grants and loans, recognising the talent and accomplishments of its current and ongoing students. In 2018-2019, full-time students from the University of British Columbia earned CAD 325.9 million in overall student financial assistance. The following graph shows the overall support offered over the past five years for the University in British Grants, Scholarships, and Bursaries.
According to the recruitment status of the university, 1 out of every 5 students of the bachelor’s programme (20 percent of UBC student headcount) and 1 out of every 2 students of the master’s programme (53 percent of UBC student headcount) gained from Canada’s University of British Columbia research scholarships.
Scholarships in Canada for Master’s Courses
Managing funds especially for Masters courses is a tough nut to crack. If you are planning to pursue PG courses in Canada, then, here are the popular scholarships in Canada that you can apply to-
- University of Waterloo Master’s Award for Excellence
- University of Calgary Graduate Award
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
Scholarship Amount: The scholarships are worth $50,000 per year for three years. (which is approximately 37,00,000 INR)
Scholarship Application Deadline: September 16, 2021
To allow international students to pursue excellent academic opportunities in Canada, the Vanier CGS group offers this scholarship. Around 166 scholarships will be allotted under the scheme in which $50,000 per year for consecutive three years will be awarded to the students.
- The candidate must be nominated by only one Canadian institution
- Must be pursuing there first master’s or doctoral degree
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
Scholarship Amount: $18,000
Scholarship Application Deadline: NA
The University Graduate Fellowships by the University of Manitoba, offer scholarships in Canada for more than 2 million dollars. Offered by the University of Manitoba, this scheme will offer $14,000 per year for 12-24 months under UMGF Master’s awards.
- The candidates must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- It is necessary to secure admission in a full-time Masters course at the University of Manitoba
Popular Scholarships in Canada
Mentioned below is a detailed list of scholarships in Canada
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Other Masters Programs
- Jared J Davis Grant
- Hani Zeini Scholarships
- Ritchie- Jennings Memorial Scholarship
- Erasmus Scholarship
- QS Undergraduate Scholarship
- University of Alberta- India First Year Excellence Scholarship
- Women Techmakers Scholarship Program
- CCSE Graduate Scholarships
Must Read: Canada Student Visa IELTS Band Requirements
We hope that after reading this blog on scholarships in Canada, you are all set to apply for the university of your choice. If you are confused about the intricacies of the process or want to know about scholarships in the country of your choice, then get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts and they will help you in finding the right scholarship to study abroad. Book an e-meeting with us today.