With state of the art educational infrastructure, top-notch faculty, opportunities to gain international exposure, and world-renowned universities for Management courses, Canada offers endless possibilities in almost every field! Not only have the Management Courses in Canada like MBA received international accreditations, but they also provide a platform for you to enhance your managerial skills through industry projects. Furthermore, low living costs, moderate tuition fees, and low crime rates have made Canada a preferred country to study for MBA courses for international students.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Pursue MBA Courses in Canada?
- Best MBA Courses in Canada
- MBA in Canada Fees
- MBA Tuition Fees in Canada for International Students
- Cost of Living in Canada
- MBA in Canada Requirements
- Jobs After MBA in Canada
- Salary After MBA in Canada
- Work Permit after MBA in Canada
- Top Business Schools for MBA in Canada
- Top Universities for MBA Courses in Canada
- Other Prominent Universities for MBA in Canada
- Scholarships to Study MBA in Canada
Why Pursue MBA Courses in Canada?
Apart from the infrastructure and excellent academic staff, there is a multitude of reasons for pursuing MBA courses in Canada. Some of them have been given a rundown below:
- Industry oriented MBA syllabus
- A wide range of internship opportunities
- Booming Economy
- Experience cultural diversity and foster creative learning
- Business schools ranked well in QS, THE, etc university rankings
- Globally recognised MBA degrees
- Easy admission and visa process
- A plethora of specialization options
- Options to customise the programs
- Flexibility in pursuing MBA courses due to the availably of part-time/online programs
Best MBA Courses in Canada
- MBA in Finance – International students who want to make their career in accordance with financial reporting & analysis, portfolio management, corporate finance, market finance, etc., Average duration of the course will be 2 years.
- MBA in HRM – Leading universities in Canada offer excellent education on MBA in HRM. You can acquire knowledge and make your career in people management, the process of hiring, training, and employee productivity, in the organization.
- International MBA (IMBA) in Canada – International students who want to gain global experience can pursue this program. You can experience international field study, integrated curriculum, global courses, globally accepted graduation. The duration of the program generally ranges from 20 to 28 months.
MBA in Canada Fees
A wide range of specializations are now available due to rise in demand in management programs. Top universities are offering MBA courses while considering the different factors of course selection. Here is a guide that can help you to stay aware of planning financial aspects.
|Types of Expenses||Expenses (USD)|
|Application Cost||76 to 136*|
|IELTS Fees||185 to 190|
|TOEFL Fees||160 to 250|
|Airfare||450 to 1400|
MBA Tuition Fees in Canada for International Students
|S.NO||University Name||Average Tuition Fee (CAD)|
|1||University of Toronto||55,479|
|2||MBA at McGill University||43,516|
|6||University of Alberta||20,254|
|7||University of British Columbia||58,282|
Cost of Living in Canada
|Common Utilities||Expenses (CAD)|
|Shared flat rents||724|
|Share of utilities||55|
|Pint of local beer||6|
MBA in Canada Requirements
The below mentioned are the requirements for MBA in Canada
Eligibility for MBA in Canada
Just like other study abroad destinations, there are certain parameters which you need to fulfil in order to study MBA courses in Canada. These requisites have been given a rundown below:
- You must hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognised university/college.
- A valid GMAT score, the range of which can vary from one university to another.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letters of Recommendation (LORs), transcripts, updated Resume/CV, etc.
Here are the estimated scores for language requirements-
|McGill University||7.0||100||Relevant bachelor’s degree|
|Rotman School of Management||7.0||100||8.0/107.5/10 (for IIT graduates)|
|Smith School of Business||7.0||96||75% (B+ on grade scale)|
|Ivey Business School||7.0||100||Relevant UG degree|
|Sauder School of Business||7.0||100||B+ grade|
|Alberta School of Business||7.0||100||80% or more|
Here are the estimated scores for GMAT exam requirements-
|University of Toronto||550|
|University fo Western Ontario||550|
|University of Alberta||550|
|University of British Columbia||550|
Note: The above-mentioned scores are for indicative purposes and are subject to change. Candidates are advised to contact Leverage Edu experts for exact scores and details.
Application Process for MBA in Canada
Wondering how you can be a part of a top-ranked university offering PhD in Canada? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
- Visit the official website of the university you are interested in .
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements.
- Click on the application form of the respective university.
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification.
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking.
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
Documents Required for MBA Courses in Canada
- Transcripts of your previous courses
- Competitive exam score card
- Photocopy of your passport
- Detailed resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Research proposal (Optional)
- Other important certificates and transcripts
Jobs After MBA in Canada
MBA graduates from Canada are one of the most wanted professionals in the job market. There are massive opportunities offered by medium and large firms in the field like:
- Marketing Analyst – 51,000 CAD
- Marketing Manager – 84,900 to 141,400 CAD
- Manager-Sales and Marketing – 359,160 CAD
- Marketing Coordinator – 70,000 CAD
- Senior Human Resources Manager – 105,560 CAD
- Human Resource Manager – 71,208 CAD
- HR Coordinator – 47,227 CAD
- Human Resources Director – 100,000 CAD
- Human Resources Coordinator – 350,400 CAD
- Consultant – 85,000 CAD
- Business Development Officer – 75,000 CAD
- Business Management Consultant – 69,000 CAD
- Administrative Manager – 376,680 CAD
Salary After MBA in Canada
Top paying recruiters hire graduates in different domains that include business management, operation management, human resource, finance, conventional and digital marketing. Have a look at the salaries in different companies.
|Top employers||Average Annual Salary (CAD)|
|RBC Asset Management||150,000|
|KPMG, LLP||54,000 to 123,000|
|EY||54,000 to 160,000|
|TD Canada||44,000 to 120, 000|
|Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce||40,000 to 98,000|
|Rogers Group Inc||79,000|
Work Permit after MBA in Canada
Getting a work permit after MBA is easy and by following some simple and early measures, you can acquire the work permit effectively. Make sure that:
- You have 180 days to apply for a post-graduation work permit, after completion of graduation.
- An additional advantage of holding a work permit policy is that graduates can work in any company in Canada.
- Through work permits, graduates can enjoy 3 years of stay in Canada.
Top Business Schools for MBA in Canada
The universities in Canada offer a range of courses when it comes to management. Here are some of the top universities for MBA courses in Canada.
|Top MBA Colleges||University||QS MBA Rankings 2021||MBA Courses in Canada|
|Rotman School of Management||University of Toronto||45||Management Analytics;Real Estate;Health Sector Management|
|Desautels Faculty of Management||McGill University||59||GeneralLaw MBAExecutive MBA|
|Smith School of Busines||Queen’s University||66||MBA+JD;Digital Transformation;Sales and Marketing;MBA + Master of Finance|
|Ivey Business School||University of Western Ontario||69||International Management;Entrepreneurship;Finance.|
|Schulich School Business||York University||88||Business Consulting;Strategic Management;Marketing;Global Mining Management|
|Sauder School of Business||The University of British Columbia||94||Finance;Product & Service Management;Technology & Analytics Leadership|
|Alberta School of Business||University of Alberta||101-110||Energy Finance;Strategy and Consulting;Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|John Molson School of Business||Concordia University||121-130||Marketing;Finance;Supply Chain|
Note: This is not an exhaustive list. The schools offer other majors/career tracks/electives also. To know more about the majors, eligibility criteria, and admission requirements, you can consult the experts at Leverage Edu for the same.
Top Universities for MBA Courses in Canada
Now that you are familiar with the business schools, their rankings, and popular specialisations, let us go through the MBA courses in Canada comprehensively.
1. Rotman School of Management
The University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management is among the top business schools around the globe. The university has a name in research excellence, placements and multicultural learning environment. Its management school offers five separate namely a full-time 2-year MBA program, part-time MBA, Executive MBA and other specialized programs. Ranked 54th on the list of top global universities for MBA, the university is revered for producing professional business managers.
2. McGill University
Desautels Faculty of Management of the McGill University offers an MBA course ranking topmost in Canada and at 48th position at the global level. The university offers exceptional flexibility in the duration of the course, wherein students can choose to complete a full-time 1-year MBA in 16, 20 or 28 months in part-time mode.
3. Ivey Business School
Revered around the world for exceptional placement record, the Ivey Business School of the University of Western Ontario offering one of the best MBA programs in Canada. With two in every five alumni from the university holding top management positions, the business school has a rigorous 1-year MBA program suitable for those who want to gain industry-specific skills in lesser time to train themselves for the professional career.
4. Smith School of Business
Queen’s University has a reputation when it comes to quality education. The Smith School of Business of the university has 4 MBA programs which includes one full-time 1-year MBA and 3 executive and specialized MBA programs. The university boasts the highest career outcomes among the institutes in Canada.
5. Schulich School of Business
Offering the most versatile MBA courses in Canada with a range of specializations available, York University’s Schulich School of Business is a prominent school in Toronto. The school has a special MBA program for Indian students where they have the option of studying the first year of their MBA degree in the Hyderabad campus and the second year in Toronto with almost 18 specializations to choose from. Some of the specializations offered in the course include Accounting, Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, Finance and Supply Chain Management.
Other Prominent Universities for MBA in Canada
Canada has a range of universities that offer the best MBA courses taught by experienced teaching staff to a diverse student body. Here’s a list of other universities that offer MBA courses in Canada.
- Dalhousie University
- University of Guelph
- University of Windsor
- University of Regina
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of Victoria
- Brock University
- Vancouver Island University
- Trinity Western University
- Cape Breton University
- University of New Brunswick
Scholarships to Study MBA in Canada
Listed below for your reference are the various scholarships available for students to pursue their MBA in Canada.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. Candidates
- Hani Zeini Scholarship
- Haskayne School of Business MBA in Canada Scholarships
- Ivey MBA Scholarships in Canada
- Alberta MBA Scholarships
- Sauder School of Business Scholarship
- Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships
Once graduate in MBA from a Canadian University, the average annual salary of MBA graduates in Canada ranges from 84,900 to 141,400 CAD. This course has higher career prospects and most importantly the financial services are the most popular in Canada. MBA is going to be worth it.
1. General Management
4. Human Resources
6. Operations Management
1. Universities expect English proficiency tests certificates that include TOEFL and IELTS, which students are expected to have,
2. TOEFL : 90+
3. IELTS : 6.5 to 7.0
4. GMAT score is mandatory, where aspirants need to score a minimum of 550.
MBA courses in Canada have a robust curriculum and prospect for in-campus placements besides the myriad of options for internships. Pursuing an MBA from a Canadian university can help you to build a lucrative career in a competitive market of business management. If you have set your mind to pursue your MBA from Canada, Leverage Edu can guide you in choosing the right university that best suits your career goals.