With the ever-expanding professional world, an emerging and highly valued career to pick is Hotel Management. Not only restricted to front desk management, but you can also explore other opportunities like HR management, catering services, event management, marketing management, etc upon completing a Hotel Management course like BA in International Hotel and Tourism Management, BBA in Hotel Management, etc. In this blog, we will shed light on the prospects of pursuing a BSc Hotel Management course, the universities which offer the program, and the subjects which you will study!
This Blog Includes:
- Career in Hotel Management
- What is BSc Hotel Management?
- Entrance Exams for BSc Hotel Management
- BSc Hotel Management Syllabus
- Popular Universities Abroad for BSc Hotel Management
- Eligibility Criteria for BSc Hotel Management
- Admission Process for BSc Hotel Management
- Jobs And Salaries After BSc Hotel Management
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management|
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Admission Process||Personal Interview/Entrance Exam|
|Average Salary||INR 3-7 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Radisson, The Leela, Le Meridien, Taj Hotels and Resorts, Marriott, Four Seasons, Expedia Group, Hilton, and other hotels and resorts are among the most well-known.|
Career in Hotel Management
What is BSc Hotel Management?
BSc Hotel Management is an undergraduate program that runs for 3-4 years. From customer relations to management and administration to front desk management, various nuances are covered comprehensively. Apart from the domain-related knowledge, the course also equips you with interpersonal, management, and communication skills. Moreover, the Hotel Management subjects along with seminars and apprenticeship provide the holistic development of an individual by focussing on both personal skills and professional adeptness.
Entrance Exams for BSc Hotel Management
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology JEE is the entrance test for admission to B.Sc. Hotel Management at several government-aided colleges of Hotel Management (IHM) (NCHMCT). The following are some of the most popular MD Dermatology admission exams:
|Name||Date of Examination|
|JEE (NCHMCT)||June 12, 2022|
BSc Hotel Management Syllabus
BSc Hotel Management is a 3-4 year undergraduate degree that is based on the semester system. Apart from domain-specific subjects, you will also perform practicals that will test your skills. The course also focuses on the communication skills of its students which forms a mandatory part of its structure. The year-by-year syllabus for the B.Sc. in Hotel Management program is listed below.
|Front Office||Personality and Communication Development|
|Food Production||Housekeeping, Hygiene, and Sanitation|
|Housekeeping and Laundry Operations||Food Science|
|Food and Beverage Service||Nutrition|
|Practicals for all subjects||Practicals in all aforementioned subjects|
|Food Engineering||Hotel Economics|
|Computer Application||Housekeeping II|
|Housekeeping||Food and Beverage Service II|
|Practical in all above-mentioned subjects||Practicals in all these subjects|
|Catering and F&B Management||Personality and Communication Development|
|Human Resource Planning and Management||Bar Management|
|Marketing Management||Travel and Tourism Management|
|Catering Management||Management Technique|
|Practicals in all subjects of 3rd year||Practical in all above-mentioned subjects|
Popular Universities Abroad for BSc Hotel Management
Various universities across the world offer BSc in Hotel Management. However, before applying to one, you should consider the university’s rankings, electives, industrial opportunities, and faculty experience. Tabulated below is a list of universities that offer the BSc Hotel Management degree course.
|Name of the University||Country|
|Southern Utah University||United States|
|University of Guelph||Canada|
|Southern Cross University||Australia|
|Bournemouth University||United Kingdom|
|University of Gloucestershire||United Kingdom|
|Sheffield Hallam University||United Kingdom|
|University of Southern Wales||United Kingdom|
|Saxion University of Applied Sciences||Netherlands|
|University of Northampton||United Kingdom|
Eligibility Criteria for BSc Hotel Management
Being an increasingly popular course, there are certain eligibility criteria that you need to fulfil before enrolling in this program. Although these prerequisites vary across universities and countries, enlisted below are some common parameters:
- You must have completed 10+2 from a recognised academic institution with the minimum required aggregate.
- Some institutes have interviews before selecting people for their BSc Hotel Management program. Entrance exams might also form a part of the admission formalities in some universities.
- If you are planning to study abroad, English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc. would form part of your admission application.
- Additionally, universities would also look at your SOPs, LORs, and mark sheets amongst other requirements before offering a place in their BSc Hotel Management program.
Admission Process for BSc Hotel Management
The admissions procedure varies depending on the institute.
- Admission to private colleges is mostly determined by the institutes’ entrance examinations, which are followed by a personal interview process.
- For admission, candidates must complete the application form and follow the admission procedure.
- The availability of seats at private institutions is the sole criterion for admission.
- Admission to Institutes of Hotel Management is based on the results of a joint entrance test administered by the National Council for Hotel Management (NCHMCT JEE).
Jobs And Salaries After BSc Hotel Management
BSc Hotel Management graduates can find employment opportunities across hotels, resorts, casinos, etc. Moreover, you can also pursue higher education like MBA in Hotel Management to hone your skills. However, those wishing to work right after graduation can find opportunities in the following role:
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Hotel Management Trainee||INR 3.5 Lacs|
|Cabin Crew||INR 7 Lacs|
|Sales Manager||INR 6 Lacs|
|Assistant Manager||INR 5 Lacs|
|Hotel Development Manager||INR 5.5 Lacs|
Those wishing to study further can look ahead to other short-term courses that would help them in the practical world and test their skills. It depends on your disposition whether you wish to pursue further qualifications or get ready to work in the stimulating professional world.
Though both, BSc and Bachelor in Hotel Management are undergraduate programs, they vary in terms of course curriculum and duration. BHM runs for 4 years while BSc Hotel Management is a 3-4 year-long course. Furthermore, compared to the BSc course, BHM imparts a more comprehensive understanding of the hotel, tourism, and hospitality industry.
1. MSc Hotel Management
2. MBA Hotel Management
3. M.Sc in Hotel Management, Catering, and Tourism
5. MSc International Hotel and Tourism Management
6. Master of Tourism, Hotel, and Event Management
7. Graduate Diploma of Business in Global Hotel Leadership
Candidates with a BHM can only work in the hotel and tourism business, but those with a B.Sc. Hotel Management can work in the airline industry as well as the hotel and tourist industry.
This course is for those who have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. The candidates must be patient with their customers.
Explore study abroad options with Leverage Edu and Leverage Live. Choose the appropriate courses and universities with a 30-minute free counselling session at 1800 572 000.