With the constant up-gradation of technology, every sphere of our life has become advanced. Food is the basic necessity of humans and the food industry is constantly thriving to satisfy our needs. The blend of food and technology resulted in the advent of a new discipline altogether that deals with processing, preservation, packaging, labeling, quality management, and distribution of food products. A plethora of Food Technology courses are available for those who want to build a career in this field. BSc Food Technology is an excellent UG program available for students with BiPC or MPC subjects in class 12th. To know everything about this course, you must read our blog!
This Blog Includes:
- BSc Food Technology Course Highlights
- What is BSc Food Technology?
- Why study BSc Food Technology?
- BSc Food Technology Entrance Exams
- BSc Food Technology Course Curriculum
- Skills Required for BSc Food Technology
- BSc Food Technology Eligibility Criteria
- B.Sc Food Technology Admission Process
- B.Sc Food Technology Fee Structure
- B.Sc Food Technology Top Universities Abroad
- B.Sc Food Technology Top Universities in India
- BSc Food Technology Jobs & Salary
- Benefits of Studying B.Sc Food Technology
- B.Sc Food Technology Career Scope
BSc Food Technology Course Highlights
|Duration of the Course||3 years|
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Yearly|
|Eligibility||Passed a recognized board’s Class 12 or equivalent.|
|Admission Process||There are merit-based and entrance-based admission options available. It is determined by the university.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 20,000 to 60,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 5,00,000 to INR 8,00,000|
What is BSc Food Technology?
Food Technology is a branch of science that deals with taking care of food products. Starting with processing to storage and then packaging, all these steps are a basic part of Food Technology jobs. It also includes methods and practices that are used to transform raw materials into a finished product. BSc Food Technology is an exemplary course that offers a plethora of opportunities. The duration of the course varies on the university you plan to join, it is likely to be 3-4 years long.
Why study BSc Food Technology?
Following are a few reasons why you should take up the BSc in Food Technology course:
- Post their graduation from the BSc Food Technology course, students can easily get entry-level jobs in Marketing, Quality Assurance companies, Production Management Firms, Logistics, etc.
- Pursuing higher studies in the field of food technology becomes easier because of a BSc in the same field.
- Food Technology is a field that is gaining popularity very rapidly. Due to this the future scope for students who graduate with a BSc in Food technology is very bright.
BSc Food Technology Entrance Exams
|Exam Name||Application Deadline||Exam Date|
|IIFPT||The first week of July 2022||Last week of July 2022|
BSc Food Technology Course Curriculum
Some of the important subjects included in the course are as follows:
|Fundamentals of food processing||Food chemistry|
|Food microbiology||Normal therapeutic nutrition|
|Food hygiene and sanitation||Fundamentals of milk processing|
|Food analysis||Food laws and quality assurance|
|Concentrated and dehydrated milk products||Fermented milk products|
|Bakery and confectionery products||The technology of pulses and oilseeds|
|Principles of fruits and vegetable technology||Processed fruits and vegetable products|
|The technology of spices and plantation products||Packaging of fresh and processed foods|
|Introduction to business laws and ethics||The technology of dairy and seafood|
Skills Required for BSc Food Technology
BSc Food Technology is a great career pathway! Do you know, you also have a chance to do Engineering in the same field? To know more read our comprehensive blog on Food Engineering!
BSc Food Technology Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, or Biology or its equivalent, from a recognized board with the minimum marks specified by their chosen university.
- If you are planning to pursue BSc in Food Technology abroad, you will be required to provide English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Along with this, you must also provide a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and some academic institutions might also require Letters of Recommendation (LORs).
- Some universities can also ask for SAT or ACT scores.
Note: These are necessities to study abroad. To know the additional requirements specific to a particular university, get in touch with Leverage Edu experts!
Are you looking for a perfect BSc course? End your search with our exclusive blog on the List of BSc Subjects!
B.Sc Food Technology Admission Process
Every university has its own admissions process for the B.Sc. food technology degree program, which is either entrance-based or merit-based. The majority of colleges offer merit-based admission, which is a simple process. The following is the application process for the B.Sc. food technology degree program:
- Candidates must examine the eligibility requirements and confirm that they meet the minimum requirements.
- After that, prospective candidates must complete an application form, which is normally available in both online and offline modes.
- Candidates must confirm that all of their information is valid and that the application costs are paid.
- Following the receipt of all applications, the admission committee compiles a merit list of potentially eligible candidates based on the number of available seats.
- Candidates must then accept their admission and pay the enrollment fee to ensure their seats.
B.Sc Food Technology Fee Structure
Admission to B.Sc food technology degree programs is available at several colleges around the country. All of these programs have varying fees, which are determined by a variety of criteria such as the institute’s facilities, the quality of education, external funding, and so on. For the duration of the B.Sc food technology degree program, the average fees range from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh.
B.Sc Food Technology Top Universities Abroad
BSc Food Technology is offered by various educational institutions across the world with a great curriculum and post-study opportunities. Glance through the following universities:
- University of Queensland
- Johnson & Wales University
- Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
- HAS University of Applied Sciences
- University of Camerino
- Abertay University
Find out everything about MSc Food Technology!
B.Sc Food Technology Top Universities in India
Here is a list of Universities in India that offer the BSc Food Technology course:
- Andhra University Visakhapatnam
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore
- Calicut University
- Loyola Academy Degree and PG College
- Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology
BSc Food Technology Jobs & Salary
|Job Position||Average Annual Salary|
|Food Technologist||INR 10,00,000|
|Organic Chemist||INR 6,02,003|
|Technical Brewer||INR 6,60,236|
|Production Manager||INR 7,18,149|
|Purchasing Manager||INR 7,14,55|
|MTR Foods Limited||Dabur India Ltd.|
|Amul||Godrej India Limited|
|Nestle India Pvt. Ltd.||Hindustan Unilever Limited|
|Cadbury India Limited||–|
Benefits of Studying B.Sc Food Technology
A bachelor’s degree in food technology equips students with a thorough understanding of food science, technology, and manufacturing. B.Sc food technology is quite similar to B.Tech food technology, with the exception that B.Sc is a three-year course and B.Tech is a four-year degree program. Both degree programs provide the same job potential; however, the B.Sc is a more complete education.
B.Sc Food Technology Career Scope
Graduates can seek lucrative jobs in diverse fields such as catering establishments, hospitals, restaurants, and food processing companies. If you are exceptional in this trade you will be entitled to various perks and easily attract high salary packages. We have enlisted some of the highest paying jobs in Bsc Food Technology:
- Nutritional therapist
- Product/process development scientist
- Quality manager and Food technologist
- Regulatory affairs officer
- Scientific laboratory technician
- Production manager
- Purchasing manager
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Technical brewer
Apart from the above-mentioned jobs, here is a complete list of Food Technology Jobs!
Hope this blog helped you to attain all the necessary information regarding Bsc Food Technology. If you are willing to take admissions to most prestigious universities and are confused about how to proceed to get in touch with an expert at Leverage Edu. We will simplify the entire admission process for you!