The United Kingdom has over 395 universities and is the world’s second-largest educational centre and an epitome for foreign students and quality world-class education. UK degrees are internationally recognised and aided many aspirants in obtaining their dream jobs or becoming entrepreneurs. MBA in UK is one of the most sought-after and reputable programs in the world, making it one of the most popular study destinations for many international students. In this blog, we will tell you everything pertaining to MBA in UK for Indian Students.
|Average Tuition Fee for MBA in INR||INR 10-20 Lakhs|
|Employability rate||above 95%|
|English eligibility test waivers||Available|
|Post-study work permit in UK||Approx. 2 years|
|Scholarships||Up to 50% can be availed on the tuition fee|
|Exams||IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE, etc.|
This Blog Includes:
- Why MBA in UK for Indian Students?
- Top 10 Universities for MBA in UK for Indian Students
- Other Universities
- Eligibility Requirements for MBA in UK
- Other Requirements
- Low-Cost MBA in UK
- Perks of Studying MBA in UK
- Popular Specialisations in MBA in UK
- Popular Scholarships for MBA in UK for Indian Students
Why MBA in UK for Indian Students?
The United Kingdom is one of the world’s leading economies. The universities are created with an essential focus on imparting the students with the right skills and knowledge of a particular field. When it comes to selecting the UK for higher education, there are various key aspects that make it an amazing choice especially for a master’s degree in business and administration. Here are the significant features that make the UK a prominent option to pursue MBA:
- Excellent Education – Most colleges in UK are globally recognized and offer quality education in various disciplines. MBA programs in UK universities combine theoretical and practical-oriented learning to equip students with key skills and knowledge. With constant lectures and workshops from reputed business leaders, students get to learn from experienced professionals thus augmenting their exposure and knowledge of a specific industry.
- One Year Program – Most MBA programs offered by UK universities are one-year programs except for some core management courses. This helps students gain quality education, international exposure as well as opportunities to expand their knowledge in a short period of time.
- Industry Links – One of the biggest advantages of pursuing an MBA degree in the UK is that the students get to meet leading industry experts and professionals at conferences, events and lectures organized by universities. This provides them with infinite opportunities to build contacts and networks for future benefits.
- Scholarships – Studying for an MBA degree in a foreign country comes with various financial constraints. For financial aid, there are plenty of universities in the UK that offer scholarships. Students with an outstanding academic background are eligible to apply for these scholarships that cover travel, living and educational costs depending on the type of scholarship being offered.
Top 10 Universities for MBA in UK for Indian Students
Here is a detailed list of some of the best universities offering MBA in UK, according to the QS World University Rankings: MBA rankings 2021.
|Universities||Location||Duration of MBA in UK||QS World University Rankings: MBA rankings 2021||Average Tuition Fee for MBA in UK (1 Year)||Exams Accepted|
|London Business School||London||15-21 Months||7||GBP 58,600 (INR 5997425)||GMAT, GRE & IELTS|
|Booth School of Business, The University of Chicago||London||21 Months||11||GBP 53,493 (INR 5474749)||GMAT, IELTS|
|Said School of Business, University of Oxford||Oxford||1 Year||16||GBP 59,490 (INR 6088512)||GMAT, GRE & IELTS|
|University of Cambridge, Judge Business School||Cambridge||1 Year||17||GBP 57,000 (INR 5833673)||GMAT, GRE & IELTS|
|Imperial College Business School, Imperial College London||London||1 Year||22||GBP 53,500 (INR 5475465)||GMAT, GRE, IELTS & PTE|
|Warwick Business School, University of Warwick||Coventry||1 Year||34||GBP 40,450 (INR 4139861)||GMAT, GRE, IELTS & PTE|
|Alliance Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester||Manchester||15 months||48||GBP 35,200 (INR 3602549)||GMAT, GRE, IELTS & PTE|
|University of Edinburgh Business School, The University of Edinburgh||Edinburgh||1 Year||52||GBP 32,500 (INR 3326217)||IELTS, PTE|
|The Business School (formerly Cass), CITY, University of London||London||1 Year||75||GBP 46,000 (INR 4707876)||GMAT, GRE, IELTS & PTE|
|Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University||Cranfield||15 months||79||GBP 39,000 (INR 3991460)||GMAT, GRE, IELTS & PTE|
Here are some other universities that are offering some of the best programs and specialisations in MBA in UK:
- Durham University Business School, Durham University
- Lancaster University Management School, Lancaster University
- Aston Business School, Aston University
- Leeds University Business School, University of Leeds
- Nottingham University Business School, Nottingham Trent University
- University of Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde
- Bath School of Management, University of Bath
- Brunel Business School, Brunel University London
- Exeter Business School, University of Exeter
- Adam Smith School of Economics and Finance, University of Glasgow
Check Out – MBA colleges in UK
Eligibility Requirements for MBA in UK
Students must meet the basic eligibility requirements mentioned below to be considered for admission to a business course in the United Kingdom:
- Completion of secondary education studies at a level comparable to that of the United Kingdom
- Provide the necessary school records, transcripts, and certificates.
- Obtain an appropriate IELTS / TOEFL score to demonstrate English language proficiency.
- A relevant three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognised university, which is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
- Some UK universities may require a minimum of two years of work experience.
- Some colleges also accept applicants based on their GMAT/GRE ratings or scores.
- Completed application form
- Statement of Purpose
- Complete English essays
- Recommendation letters or LORs
- Completed Current professional resume
- At least 2 Passport-sized photographs
Must read: Professional LOR Format & Samples 2021
Low-Cost MBA in UK
If you are thinking that MBA in UK is all costly and maybe not a cup of your financial tea, then you just don’t have to drop your idea of studying in UK. Here is another list of some of the renowned and famous universities in the UK that are providing low-cost MBA to international students and rightfully fulfiling their dreams of pursuing an MBA in UK. but before, let us know more about the Cost of Studying in UK for Indian Students here:
|Universities||Location||Average Tuition Fee for MBA in the UK (1 Year)|
|Bedfordshire University||Luton||£11,250 (INR 1151782)|
|Canterbury Christ Church University||Canterbury||£12,900 (INR 1320710)|
|University of Wolverhampton||Wolverhampton||£12,470 (INR 1276686)|
|The University of Worcester||Worcester||£11,400 (INR 1167139)|
|Suffolk University||Suffolk||£11,000 (INR 1126187)|
|Leeds Beckett University||Leeds||£11,300 (INR 1156901)|
|University of Gloucestershire||Cheltenham||£12,500 (INR 1279758)|
|University of East London||London||£15,000 (INR 1535709)|
|Cardiff Metropolitan University||Wales||£9,000 (INR 921426)|
|University of Bolton||Bolton||£12,500 (INR 1279758)|
Also read: MBA in UK Without Work Experience
Perks of Studying MBA in UK
Here are some of the benefits of taking a Business course like an MBA degree in UK from a renowned university:
- Advantage of having a globally recognised degree
- Universities in the UK offer diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes in business.
- MBA in the United Kingdom is one of the best and the most common business courses in the country, and it is offered by some of the best universities in UK
- A business degree from a UK university, in general, broadens students’ job opportunities and earnings potential.
- Some institutions require students to participate in an internship programme as part of their course curriculum.
Popular Specialisations in MBA in UK
- Quality Management
- Sports Management
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Digital Marketing
- Data Science
- Project Management
- Retail Management
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Fashion Designing
- Foreign Trade
- Hotel Management
Popular Scholarships for MBA in UK for Indian Students
Studying abroad is costly, particularly for a globally recognised degree like an MBA. How would you react if you learned that you can use scholarships to help you pay for your studies? As a result, we’ve put together a fantastic list of successful MBA scholarships in the UK, which are offered by prestigious and top business schools and other organisations in the country.
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
- Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
- Hornby Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- Inlaks Scholarships
- GATE Scholarship
- Rhodes Scholarship India
- BrokerFish International Student Scholarship
On average, a one-year MBA costs £10,000 to £15,000, with Programs at top business schools like Oxford and Cambridge costing up to £45,000. However, there are a range of colleges and business schools that deliver high-quality degrees at a significantly lower rate.
The one-year MBA program from the United Kingdom is not recognized in India. As a result, it is important that candidates think twice before enrolling in the course. According to a recent survey, UK Master’s Degrees (which last a year) are NOT Master’s equivalent.
An MBA from the United Kingdom is a long-term investment in your career. It is unquestionably worth the money. The UK PSW will give you a way to recoup your investment starting in 2021. An MBA from the United Kingdom will also broaden your horizons and strengthen your resume.
1. 3 years of full-time work experience is needed.
2. A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
3. IELTS score of at least 6.0-6.5.
4. GMAT/GRE scores.
The average GMAT score expected by top UK universities is a well-balanced 700, with the GMAT score range of top B-schools in the UK ranging from 600 to 780. However, there is no minimum GMAT score; students with a GMAT score of 530 or higher were admitted in 2011.
MBA is well-known for being one of the most expensive courses to study in the world. To complete the two-year program, aspirants must pay hefty fees. As a result, the course costs a significant sum of money in addition to the B School tuition fees.
This was all about MBA in UK for Indian Students. Do you dream to study in UK? Then reach out to Leverage Edu experts and they will make you land in UK so that you can pursue your MBA degree or any other degree there. Book a session with us today!