The businesses across the world have realized that deriving value from data is no longer a competitive advantage but a competitive necessity. Data Science has emerged as a novel concept in technology-driven businesses where data is central to the functioning and growth of an organization. The trends suggest that the field is expected to go through an immense growth in future which is a reason that many aspirants are banking upon it, choosing it as a career option. When it comes to studying the managerial aspect of the domain, there is no other degree that matches the stature of an MBA. The most sought-after degree after MS in Data Analytics, the MBA in Data Science covers the management aspect of the highly demanding field.
This Blog Includes:
What is MBA in Data Science?
Data Science is simply the study of data – developing methods of recording, storing and analysing data to effectively extract useful information both structured and unstructured. This 1 or 2-year MBA in Data Science teaches the tools of Data Analytics applied to business theories in order to reach business-driven goals. Turning the analysed data into understandable graphs and charts often called “visualization,” is an important aspect of Data Science in business.
The goal of an MBA in Data Science is to train students to use numbers for the benefit of businesses.
Students can choose to specialise in business analytics in fields like:
- Introduction to Stochastic Processes
- Retail Analytics, Pricing, and Promotion
- Business Forecasting and Econometrics
- Research for Consumer Insights
- Marketing Analytics and Decision Making
- Data Mining for Business Analytics
The curriculum for the MBA program in Data Science is the perfect amalgamation of business acumen, algorithms, machine learning techniques, tools and statistics that will help you in understanding how to identify a pattern and gain insights from raw data. To know more, read our blog on the syllabus of Data Science.
Unlike other MBA streams, a career in Data Science and Analytics will require significant research and networking on your end. Besides this, there are certain eligibility conditions that students need to fulfil in order to get enrolled with the universities abroad. To qualify for admission to an MBA in Data Science, you usually need to:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognised university.
- Take an admission test like GMAT or GRE.
- Some universities may ask for accrue work experience.
- Clear English-language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL or PTE.
List of Popular MBA in Data Science Courses
There are ample universities around the world that include Data Science and Analytics in their MBA program. With the primary focus on data modelling and programming, an MBA program equips students with the knowledge of data mining to achieve specific business goals. Various topics include Statistical Modelling, Data Management, Information Security, Optimization, Decision Making, Business Intelligence, etc.
Some of the best MBA in Data Science courses have been listed below:
- MBA in Data Analytics
- MBA in Data Analytics (Online)
- MBA in Data Science and Business Analytics
- MBA in Business Intelligence Concentration
- MBA in Business Intelligence and Information Technology Focus
- MBA in Business Analytics Major
- MBA in Information Technology Management
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Data-Driven Management
- MBA in Digital Transformation and Data Science
- Hybrid MBA with Business Analytics and Technologies Concentration
Top Global Universities
MBA in Data Science is a specialized course offered at various universities abroad. Given below is a list of renowned institutions offering such courses:
- University of California, Davis
- WU Executive Academy
- Purdue University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- California State University, San Bernardino
- Nottingham Trent University Online
- University of Delaware
- University of New Haven
- University of Colorado Boulder
- The University of Alabama
- Arden University
- Santa Clara University
- Auburn University
- Career in Artificial Intelligence
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence Course in India
- Computer Science Engineering Syllabus
- SOP for MS in Data Science
MBA in Data Science is an emerging field with the current trend indicating many organisation are adopting analytics for building a competitive advantage over their competitors. The business world needs thousands of leaders with specialised qualifications. So, are you someone browsing thousands of graduate degrees from around the world? Then, reach out to our career experts at Leverage Edu and we can help you with the admission to top business schools.