Have you thought about why international students choose the UK as their preferred study abroad destination? The country is home to the most prestigious universities that have etched their names in both the QS World University and Times Higher Education Rankings. Many international students choose to pursue masters in UK because of the wide range of programmes available as well as the vibrant culture. But sometimes, studying abroad can burn a hole in your pocket. Do you know that it’s possible to study masters in UK in less than 14 lakhs?
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in UK?
- Is it Possible to Study Masters in Less than 14 Lakhs?
- Requirements to Study in UK
- Popular Specializations for Masters in UK
- Top Affordable UK Universities for Masters
- How to Apply to a British University?
- Cost of Living in UK
- Scholarships for Masters in UK
- Post Study Work Permit in UK
Why Study Masters in UK?
There are a plethora of reasons why one should kickstart their higher education journey in the UK, but some of the most prominent reasons are elucidated below for aspirants to consider.
- The UK is home to some of the best student-friendly cities in the world. Having said that, 14 UK cities have made up to the list of QS Best Student Cities 2022 Report with London being the #1 student city in the world.
- Unlike masters in countries like the USA and Canada that takes 1.5 to 2 years to finish, students can complete their masters in UK in almost 1-1.5 years of duration.
- We all know that studying abroad is a time-consuming procedure that might drain your bank account. The abundance of student grants and scholarships available when studying for a master’s degree in the UK is an advantage. The awards that are available can pay your entire tuition as well as living expenses. Scholarships from the government, institutions, and private groups are available in the United Kingdom.
- Students who have completed their masters in UK can earn up to 35,000 GBP (INR 35.5 lakhs) per year. This is 29% more than what bachelor’s degree holders earn in the United States. In addition, after 5 to 10 years of experience, the income increases by about 40%.
- Studying masters in UK is an excellent opportunity for international students to enhance their English while immersing themselves in a multicultural and exciting community of academics and students.
Is it Possible to Study Masters in Less than 14 Lakhs?
The aforementioned factors and perks must have piqued your interest in pursuing your masters in UK. We understand that one of the most crucial deciding criteria for most students is the cost of study or the tuition fee. Studying masters in UK master can cost anywhere from £12000 to £15000 (10,70,000 INR-13,00,000 INR). The tuition fee can even reach £35,000 (31,00,000 INR) and for other programmes like MBBS and other clinical degrees. Despite this, did you know that you can study masters in UK in less than 14 lakhs? Yes, you definitely can! The UK is regarded as one of the top study abroad destinations in the world for a reason as it has so much to give for aspirants to fulfil their dreams of studying abroad on a budget.
Requirements to Study in UK
Before proceeding to find out the popular universities for aspirants to study masters in UK in less than 14 lakhs, let’s quickly go through some of the major requirements to study in UK which one needs to ensure:
- Copy of a valid passport
- Scorecard of English proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced. (Some universities exempt students from this if they meet the set criteria)
- GMAT/GRE for Masters programs
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendations (LOR)
- Portfolio (for specific courses)
- A CV (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Popular Specializations for Masters in UK
Here is a list of some of the most popular specializations for aspirants to pursue their masters in UK in less than 14 lakhs:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Political Science
- Medicine and Healthcare
- Culinary Arts
- Performing Arts
Top Affordable UK Universities for Masters
Well, your dream to study masters in UK in less than 14 lakhs is no more just a dream as the below mentioned are some of the highly renowned and affordable universities that aspirants can look up to:
|Universities||Average Tuition Fee for PG Programs|
|University of Chester||£9,250 [INR 9.47 Lakhs]|
|Leeds Beckett University||£12,000 [INR 12.29 Lakhs]|
|University of Salford||£9,000 [INR 9.17 Lakhs]|
|University of Wolverhampton||£11,250 [INR 11.47 Lakhs]|
|University of West London||£9,000 [INR 9.17 Lakhs]|
|Anglia Ruskin University||£9,250 [INR 9.47 Lakhs]|
|Glasgow Calidonian University||£11,500 [INR 11.72 Lakhs]|
|Edinburgh Napier University||£7,000 [INR 7.13 Lakhs]|
|Sheffield Hallam University||£9,250 [INR 9.47 Lakhs]|
|University of Central Lancashire||£9,000 [INR 9.17 Lakhs]|
|Liverpool Hope University||£9,250 [INR 9.47 Lakhs]|
|Teesside University||£11,825 [INR 12.11 Lakhs]|
|University of Bedfordshire||£10,500 [INR 10.70 Lakhs]|
|University of Hertfordshire||£11,000 [INR 11.21 Lakhs]|
|University of the West of England – UWE Bristol||£11,750 [INR 11.98 Lakhs]|
|University of Westminster||£12,000 [INR 12.29 Lakhs]|
|Bournemouth University||£13,500 [INR 13.76 Lakhs]|
|University of Dundee||£9,000 [INR 9.17 Lakhs]|
|Ulster University||£12,890 [INR 13.14 Lakhs]|
|University College Birmingham||£9,700 [INR 9.88 Lakhs]|
Also explore Best Universities in UK: A Detailed Guide 2021!
How to Apply to a British University?
Let’s look at how you can apply to the above-mentioned universities after becoming familiar with the list of prominent universities that provide master’s degrees in less than 14 lakhs. There is a predetermined standard of documentation and a specific protocol for completing the application process for students to study in a British university. Here’s a step-by-step guide to completing the admissions process in order to study in UK:
Book your spot for the Upcoming Mega Uniconnect Virtual Fair, Limited Spots HERE!
Cost of Living in UK
Apart from tuition fees, the cost of studying in the UK includes things like accommodation, visas, everyday costs, transportation, and so on. The following are the costs associated with studying in the United Kingdom:
- Undergraduate Programs in UK: £8000 to £9000 per year (7,10,000 INR-8,00,000 INR) – up to £30000 (27,00,000 INR)
- Postgraduate Programs in UK: £12000 to £15000 (10,70,000 INR-13,00,000 INR) – up to £35000 (31,00,000 INR).
While the cost of living in every city depends on your particular preferences, the cost of living in the United Kingdom is determined in the city where you live.
|Kind of Expense||Cost in GBP and INR|
|Fees for Visa Application||£348 (INR 35,834)|
|Housing||£500 (INR 51,486) monthly|
|Transportation||£150 – £200 (INR 15,445 to INR 19,844) monthly|
|Food||£150 – £200 (INR 14,883 to INR 20,594) monthly|
|Clothing and Leisure||£50 (INR 5,148) monthly|
|Telephone and Mobile||£50 (INR 5,148) monthly|
Get a personalised monthly expense estimate with our Cost of Living Calculator!
Scholarships for Masters in UK
We all know that scholarships are a great way to cut down on study abroad expenses. Wen it comes to study masters in UK in less than 14 lakhs, these scholarships and grants help aspirants to save some extra money on tuition fees and other miscellaneous expenditures. UK offers numerous scholarships to study in UK for Indian students. If you want to study in the UK on a budget, here are the top UK scholarships you must explore:
- Chevening Scholarships
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
- Hornby Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Felix Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships (CWIT)
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships
Post Study Work Permit in UK
The Post Study Work Visa (PSWV) is a temporary visa that gives overseas students the chance to live, study, and work in any post or career path once they finish school. This post-study work visa route in the UK is open to anybody, including students of Indian descent with valid immigration status in the UK. All students studying in a UK Higher Education Provider-approved institution are eligible for the Graduate Route. This action is being done in response to the UK’s desire to retain the best students from all over the world and to assist them in discovering job prospects in the country. International students can now stay in the UK for 2 years after graduation and 3 years after completing their PhD programme after the new work permit.
This is how you can pursue masters in UK in less than 14 lakhs. Call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 to book your 30 minutes free e-meeting today!