Executive MBA is a course developed for professionals who want to improve their managerial subtleties. A regular MBA teaches students how to be great leaders, managers, or entrepreneurs. On the contrary, an Executive MBA or EMBA polishes the existing knowledge of working professionals in the field of management and their chosen specialisation like Marketing, Finance, Aviation, HR, etc. EMBA, hence, enables professionals to be great leaders in the future. With lucrative career prospects, a plethora of flexible courses, quality education and world-class business schools, the Executive MBA in UK has gained a humongous eminence worldwide as more professionals want to seize a better Executive position in top management companies.
Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming January Intake Universities in UK
This Blog Includes:
What is an Executive MBA?
An Executive MBA or EMBA is curated for leaders in managerial positions or working professionals. If you have worked in a company in a managerial position for 2 or more years and want to sharpen your skills, EMBA is for you. Corporates who pursue EMBA, choose to pursue this course part-time along with their work. EMBA graduates benefit a lot from their studies. They are offered a raise or higher promotion in their company or they go on to create their enterprise.
Why Pursue an Executive MBA in UK?
- The UK has one of the most highly rated business schools globally that is offering a world-class Executive MBA in UK to all international students from across the globe. London Business School, Imperial College London, Warwick Business School are just a few names that the UK houses.
- Another advantage of pursuing an Executive MBA in UK is that there are no strict age restrictions for pursuing this course. According to the Executive MBA Council, the average Executive MBA student is 38 years old and has about 14 years of work experience, including roughly 9 years of management experience.
- Most of the Executive MBA in the UK programs are of 1 year or part-time which makes it time-affordable for working professionals.
- UK business schools have a close association with global leaders and alumni like Sir Ratan Tata, Kumar Birla, Richard Hunter, Cyrus Mistry, and many more such global leaders from around the world. They are always welcome by the top-ranking UK universities to interact with the Executive MBA students. Some of them deliver guest lectures too!
- Also, with like-minded individuals in a classroom, the scope of networking is high and it results in a broader perspective.
Universities in the UK offer Executive MBAs very selectively. They look at each application carefully to derive what you will contribute as a student in classes. Although the eligibility criteria for Executive MBA in UK will be different for different universities or business schools, the general eligibility requirements for the same are mentioned below for aspirants:
- A highly qualified bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is equivalent to an upper-class honors degree in the UK.
- A minimum work experience of 3 to 6 years is a must. Some leading business schools might also ask for a minimum of 7-10 years of work experience.
- In case of no degree qualifications, applications can also be accepted based on your resume. If you have an enterprise/startup that is showing good growth, business schools in the UK will welcome you.
- Proof of English proficiency such as IELTS/TOEFL
- Standardised test scores like GMAT or GRE
Note: Executive MBA in UK is a highly recognised and value-adding course that will nurture the leadership and management qualities in you. Ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements to not be disappointed!
Application Process for Executive MBA in UK
The application process for an Executive MBA in UK is similar to that of a regular MBA. Review your preferred university and hear from the alumni about the business schools that offer the same. After choosing your university, see whether their course structure compliments your work timings and especially your interests in the subjects or not. Most Executive MBA courses in the UK are flexible.
Your second step is to fill out your application form carefully and look for adjacent scholarships if required. Essential documents that you need for your online application process for EMBA are:
- All past official academic transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of you being a working professional
- Submission essays (if asked by the university)
- IELTS/TOEFL test score
- GMAT/GRE mark sheet
- Evidence of business (If you are pursuing EMBA based on your business/startup)
- Valid passport
- Duly filled application form
- Valid Visa to work and study in the UK
Note: After filling the university application form and submitting all the above-mentioned documents, it will take around 3-6 weeks for the university to review your application and make a final decision. Some universities can even call up for group discussions and personal interviews too to make a final decision.
Top Universities Offering Executive MBA in UK
Most affluent businessmen walk the corridors of top business schools in the UK. From politicians to entrepreneurs to young students, all have pursued an Executive MBA in the UK. Let’s look at the top business schools and their basic criteria for admission.
|University/Business School||Duration||Work Experience Required|
|Imperial College London||23 months(part-time)||10 years|
|London Business School||20 months||13 years|
|Hult International Business School, University of Hult||18 months (part-time)||3 years|
|Bayes Business School
(formerly- Cass Business School), City, University of London
|14 months(part-time)||5 years|
|Warwick Business School, University of Warwick||24 months(part-time)||4 years|
|Aston Business School, Aston University||24 months(part-time)||3 years|
|Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University||28 months(part-time)||5 years|
|University of Greenwich||2-3 years(part-time)||5 years|
Explore these popular UK Universities That Issue Offer Letter Within 14 Days
Cost of Studying for Executive MBA in the UK
The average estimated cost of studying an Executive MBA in the UK at leading business schools is mentioned below:
|University/Business School||Estimated Average Tuition Fee in INR|
|Imperial College London||61.99 lakhs|
|London Business School||1.03 crore|
|Hult International Business School,
University of Hult
|Bayes Business School
(formerly- Cass Business School),
City, University of London
|Warwick Business School, University of Warwick||48.17 lakhs|
|Aston Business School, Aston University||18 lakhs|
|Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University||27 lakhs|
|University of Greenwich||18 lakhs|
Explore Affordable Cities to Study in the UK for International Students!
Cost of Living in the UK
Although the cost of studying in the UK majorly depends on the type of course and university that you have chosen for doing an Executive MBA in UK, your cost of living in the UK will majorly depend upon the location in which you’ll be living and the kind of lifestyle choice you’ll be adopting. If you opt for an online EMBA, your only cost would be the tuition fees. However, if you opt for an on-campus Executive MBA in UK, this is how your estimated average cost of living will look like:
|Kind of Expense||Cost in GBP and INR|
|Fees for Visa Application||348 GBP (INR 34,517)|
|Housing||500 GBP (INR 49,594) monthly|
|Transportation||150-200 GBP (INR 14,878 to INR 19,837) monthly|
|Food||150-200 GBP (INR 14,878 to INR 19,837) monthly|
|Clothing and Leisure||50 GBP (INR 4,959) monthly|
Get your personalized cost of living for studying in the UK with the help of our Cost of Living Calculator!
Career Opportunities & Salary
If you think you deserve a promotion to climb the corporate ladder higher, an Executive MBA in UK will guarantee you that. Developing a strong network across the globe will help you in understanding better strategies in your leadership. Although the big companies in the UK are looking for an MBA for their Executive positions, they are now rooting for Executive MBA graduates, simply because of their prior work experience, industry knowledge, and added education qualification in terms of EMBA. Also, a greater advantage of working and studying simultaneously with no year gaps is an eye-catching factor for a recruiter nowadays. So if you wish to earn gloriously in pounds, pursuing EMBA in the UK is highly beneficial. Some of the highly popular job roles that you can be offered after an Executive MBA in UK are mentioned below:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Information Technology (IT) Director
- Investment Bank Manager
- Marketing Manager
- High-End Management Consultant
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Finance Manager
- Finance Advisor
- Product Specialist
- Operations Manager
- Vice President
- Project Manager
- Growth Manager
You will be surprised to know that an Executive MBA in UK graduates earn more than a regular MBA graduate. The estimated average salary of an Executive MBA graduate in the UK is around Rs 99,56,360. Such a figure will definitely give you an upper hand in your company.
MBA vs Executive MBA in UK
MBA or Executive MBA? Which one to go for or which one is better? Well, your decision depends upon your current work position and whether your profile suits the following criteria.
|Category||EMBA in UK||MBA in UK|
|Duration||Over 1-3 years||2-3 years|
|Average work experience||5+ years||3 years|
|The average age of the student||34-38||24-30|
|Tuition fee||Rs 50 lakhs – 1crore||Rs 31 lakhs – 80 lakhs|
|Work-study||Flexible classes so that students can work full-time||Require to leave current positions in case of full-time|
|Return on Investment||38.5%||64%|
UK Visa Application Process, Fee & Requirements
Yes, most business schools offer part-time EMBA so that you can work.
Classes for Executive MBA in the UK are conducted either over long weekends or on selected days of the week.
Yes, you can! Business schools in the UK offer scholarships to students.
You can apply for a work visa and then look for jobs in the UK.
Yes, Executive MBA aspirants are offered on-campus residency options.
While doing an Executive MBA in UK can be a bit demanding, the rewards are definitely overpowering. If you wish to pursue an EMBA in the UK but are unsure of where, to begin, call us our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 and let their excellent mentorship help you to start your study abroad journey soon!