Established in 1829, King’s College London is amongst the top universities in the UK having been featured in the top 50 in Times Higher Education and QS World University Rankings 2020. One of the oldest academic institutions in English, King’s College London is home to over 27,600 students from 150 countries across the globe. It has also been ranked amongst the top 10 universities in the UK by the QS World University Rankings 2020 and is renowned for academic and research excellence. The institution offers an array of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in almost every field of study with scores of specialisations on offer! If you are planning to apply this coveted institution in the UK, this blog brings a detailed guide on King’s College London acceptance rate for admission into its diverse range of courses.
This Blog Includes:
- King’s College London: Top Programmes
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process for King’s College London
- King’s College London Acceptance Rate
- Popular Department in King’s College
- King’s College London Deadlines for Admission
- Application Tips
King’s College London: Top Programmes
|Name of Programme||Deadline for Application||Admission Requirements|
|Master fo Science (M.Sc)Cyber Security||March, 2021||This requires students to have a Bachelor’s degree in one of the two subjects mentione below. Students should have subjects with a minimum aggregate of 60%. The list of subjects includes physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, mathematics and computer science.|
|Master of Science (M.Sc) Financial Mathematics||March, 2021||This degree requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or any mathematics based subject. They should have a minimum of 60% marks.|
|Master of Arts (M.A) Big Data in Culture and Scociety||March, 2021||Students are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, English or any Arts related course. They should have a minimum of 60% marks.|
|Master of Laws (L.L.M) International Business Law||March, 2021||Students are required to have an undergraduate degree in law with a high overall average of 65%|
|MBBS||October 2021||The University conducts a University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)|
|Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng) General Engineering||January 15th, 2021||Mathematics|
*Dates will be updated soon.
Before elaborating upon the King’s College acceptance rate, you must first go through the eligibility requirements specified by the college. King’s College London has specified certain prerequisites for their courses that every student must meet to be eligible for the program. Though actual course requirements might vary as per the program, here are the general prerequisites for undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered by the King’s College London.
Undergraduate Level Courses
King’s College London offers numerous bachelor’s degree programs across varied fields and specialisations. Though the actual course requirements might differ as per the program, here are some general prerequisites for undergraduate courses offered by King’s College:
- Meeting their GPA prerequisites and SAT exam is mandatory for every applicant. Both of these criteria demonstrate the academic potential of the prospective student.
- Letter of Recommendations (LOR) and a Statement of Purpose (SOP) also play an important role in the evaluation of the application.
- International students have been mandated to undertake an English proficiency test like the standardised IELTS, TOEFL, Level/IGCSE/GCSE grade C, etc. to show one’s command over the language.
Postgraduate Level Courses
For those planning to apply for a masters course at King’s College London, there are some common admission requirements you must know while exploring programs of your interest. Here is an overview of the major eligibility requirements for master’s degree programs at King’s College:
- A bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent from a reputable institution with the qualifying marks mentioned under the requirements of your chosen course
- English language test scores of IELTS/TOEFL, etc
- GMAT/GRE/LSA (law courses) /MCAT (medical courses) scores
- SOP and LORs
Application Process for King’s College London
Apart from the eligibility requirements, another key factor you must consider alongside the King’s College London acceptance rate is the application process and the document essentials. The admissions for the majority of courses offered by King’s College London begins in January and you can hope to hear back about the same by late March. In case you’re selected, you’ll have until May to respond with the further details. Here are the major documents you must keep handy while applying for a program at King’s College London
- Official affirmation of your latest secondary school grades
- SOP and LORs
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Parental understanding structure to study with us (marked by parent or guardian)
King’s College London Acceptance Rate
Now that you are familiarized with the eligibility criteria and application essentials, let’s understand the King’s College London acceptance rate. As per the data published by UCAS – 30th January 2020, the overall acceptance rate of King’s College London is 12.2%. To help you further in your research, we have elucidated below the acceptance rates for the undergraduate level and postgraduate level programs offered by King’s College London.
For Undergraduate Level Courses
Every year, King’s college gets almost 5000+ international application for its undergraduate position. As per the official website of the college, the acceptance rate of September 2014 was 13%. Moreover, there is an estimated increase in terms of accepted applications since 2013. For 2013-2019, the average acceptance rate for undergraduate admissions at the King’s College London is 57% (indicative).
For Postgraduate Level Courses
When it comes to the King’s London acceptance rate for postgraduate programs, the acceptance rate highly varies in terms of the course level as well as the admission requirements for research, taught and doctoral programs. Admission into postgraduate programs at the King’s College London is quite competitive and can be estimated around 47% for the applications from 2013-2019.
Popular Department in King’s College
King’s College London is home to a large number of schools teaching different disciplines. Enlisted below are the major departments you can explore at King’s College London.
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- King’s Business School
- Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences
- The Dickson Poon School of Law
- Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine
King’s College London Deadlines for Admission
The undergraduate admission applications are submitted through the UCAS Portal. For the semester which will begin in the following September, the application process begins in early September. The deadline for admission for the academic year 2020-2021 is 15th January 2020. Since the KCL Courses fill up quickly, all international students are advised to submit their applications at the earliest.
For graduate students, the applications open from October onwards. For most of the courses, the deadlines are in March. The programmes begin officially from the month of September.
After understanding the King’s College London acceptance rate, it is also crucial to be clear about the application process of your chosen program. To help you ensure that all aspects of your application are perfect, we have enlisted are some of the tips you can follow while applying for your selected program.
- Appear for the standardised examinations at least 6 months before you sending your application as you will get your scores within this period and can further prepare your application accordingly.
- Write your Statement of Purpose after carrying out meticulous research about the college as well as aligning the aspects of your candidature with the academic and career goals you want to accomplish by studying here.
- Make sure that you have obtained the requisite transcripts, marksheets and certifications from your previous academic institutions.
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with key details about King’s College London acceptance rate. Aspiring to pursue your higher studies in the UK? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to assist you in picking the best course and university and sorting out the admission process to ensure that you send a winning application! Sign up for a free session with us today!