The University of Wolverhampton, which has been around for nearly 180 years, was granted university status in 1992. Since 1835, the University of Wolverhampton is providing students with a world-class, high-quality education. International students can pursue their professional ambitions by enrolling in one of over 500 courses in a variety of subjects and streams. The university has a stellar reputation for providing some of the finest courses in business, law, cyber security, medical sciences, education, and engineering. More than 2,500 international students from over 130 countries attend the University of Wolverhampton, making it a diverse educational establishment. It’s no surprise that it’s one of the most popular and preferred universities in the UK for overseas students. This blog will enlighten you more about the University of Wolverhampton admissions.
|University Name||University of Wolverhampton|
|Motto||Innovation and Opportunity|
|Number of Campuses||4|
|Famous Courses||Business, Cyber Security, Nursing|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
|Accepted English Proficiency Tests||IELTS, TOEFL iBT and PTE|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at the University of Wolverhampton?
- University of Wolverhampton Rankings
- Popular Courses for UG
- Popular Courses for PG
- University of Wolverhampton Admissions Requirements
- Documents Required
- University of Wolverhampton Admissions/Application Process
- Cost of Studying
- Student Visa for UK
Why Study at the University of Wolverhampton?
Before diving into the University of Wolverhampton admissions, let’s quickly shower some light upon why one must study at the University of Wolverhampton in 2022:
- High Quality of Learning: Academic quality at the University of Wolverhampton has been highly ranked by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). The University provides students with not only excellent academics but with great IT facilities to support students with their studies and practical experiences.
- Employment: The University of Wolverhampton has an employment rate of 96% which encourages students from around the world to get into the University. It provides students with on-campus placements. From ministers to actors, the University of Wolverhampton has a great network of notable alumni.
- Location: The University of Wolverhampton is located in Wolverhampton, England. The city of Wolverhampton is located in the heart of the United Kingdom, with Birmingham about 18 minutes distant by train. Manchester is around 70 minutes away, while London is about 90 minutes away. In comparison to other UK cities, Wolverhampton has a low cost of living.
- Accomodation: The University of Wolverhampton also offers international students accommodation and en-suite facilities, suiting all kinds of budgets. Residences are covered by 24/7 security, and bills include heating, gas, electricity, water and internet.
University of Wolverhampton Rankings
After knowing some of the stellar reasons to study at the University of Wolverhampton, the table given below highlights the recent and updated national and international rankings of the university that will help international students who are looking for the University of Wolverhampton admissions, to make up their minds.
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#1001-1200|
|The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022||#1001-1200|
|Times University Guide 2022||#128|
|Guardian University Guide 2022||#106|
|Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF)||Silver|
Popular Courses for UG
Let’s go through the list of some of the popular UG courses that are being offered to students looking for admissions at the University of Wolverhampton:
- BA (Hons) Post Compulsory Education
- BA (Hons) Special Educational Needs, Disability And Inclusion
- BA (Hons) Young People, Family And Community
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- BA (Hons) Education Studies
- BA (Hons) Primary Education
- BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical Science
- BSc (Hons) Pharmacology
Mathematics and Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics With Finance
- BSc (Hons)Computer Science (Software Engineering)
- BSc (Hons) Business Intelligence
- BSc (Hons) Cybersecurity
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Automotive Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Specialist Community Nursing
- BNurs (Hons) Children’s Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Podiatry
- BSc Palliative And End Of Life Care
- BSc (Hons) Health Studies
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Public Health
- BA (Hons) English Language And Linguistics
- BA (Hons) English Language And Literature
- BA (Hons) English
- BA (Hons) Creative And Professional Writing
Architecture and Environment
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Design Technology with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Geography, Urban Environments And Climate Change
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Design Technology
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Property Management And Real Estate
- BA (Hons) Criminology And Criminal Justice And Law
- BA (Hons) Sociology
- BA (Hons) History And War Studies
- BSc (Hons) Policing And Intelligence
Popular Courses for PG
Here is a list of some of the popular PG courses for international students seeking admissions at the University of Wolverhampton:
- MSc Audio Technology
- MA Musical Theater
- MA Dance
- MA Contemporary Theater And Performance
- MA By Research In Performing Arts
Mathematics and Computer Science
- MSc Cyberpsychology
- MSc Mathematics
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Information Technology Management
- MSc Emergency Planning Resilience And Response
- Master Of Public Health
- MSc Palliative And End Of Life Care
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- MSc Health And Social Care
- MSc Adult Nursing
- Master Of Mental Health Nursing (MMHN)
Engineering and Architecture
- MSc Manufacturing Engineering
- MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- MEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering
- MEng (Hons) Electronics And Telecommunications Engineering
- MSc Building Information Modeling For Integrated Construction
- MSc Oil And Gas Management
- MSc Civil And Structural Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering Management
- MSc Construction Project Management
- MSc Programme And Project Management
Humanities and Education
- MSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical Science
- MSc (Hons) Pharmacology
- MPharm (Hons) Pharmacy
Here’s a beginners’ guide to know everything about pursuing Masters in the UK!
University of Wolverhampton Admissions Requirements
Although the admission requirements to study at the University of Wolverhampton will vary as per the course that you choose to study and also the level of study (UG or PG), mentioned below is a general or entry-level University of Wolverhampton admissions requirements that international students must fulfil:
- For UG programmes, students need a minimum of 68%-70% overall in Standard XII examinations from a recognised board.
- For PG programmes, students must have completed a three or four-year undergraduate degree (Honors Bachelor degree or Professional degree) from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 60%-65% aggregate percentage.
Note: Some courses may also demand specific subjects and grade requirements.
English Language Requirements
Note: Students are exempted from the above-mentioned test scores if they have obtained 70-75% in their Standard XII English examination (for the UG Programmes) or if they have obtained 80-85% in their Standard XII English examination (for PG Programmes).
After knowing about the University of Wolverhampton admissions requirements, candidates will then be asked to submit the following supporting documents to be admitted to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Work Experience (For some courses)
- Essays (if asked)
- Portfolio (if required)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
- Passport copy
Here’s a list of all the essential Documents Required for Applying to UK
University of Wolverhampton Admissions/Application Process
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. Students can apply through portals like UCAS for undergraduate courses and to apply for postgraduate courses, students have to apply for University of Wolverhampton admission. You can call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to study at the University of Wolverhampton! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study at the University of Wolverhampton:
- Call our Leverage Edu student counsellors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist your courses with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder. The experts will then commence your application process for multiple universities through our common dashboard platform where you can witness the status of your application process.
- The next step is to gather and compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE etc.
- If you haven’t yet prepared for your IELTS exam, which is surely an important factor of studying abroad, join our Leverage Live classes and get trained by experts to score high.
- After submitting your application and all the necessary documents, the experts will then start with the application process for accommodation, UK students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- It’s now time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. After accepting your offer letter, it’s now time to pay your semester fees, get your visa approved, CAS-Letter.
Cost of Studying
The average estimated annual tuition fee for undergraduate and postgraduate international students seeking admissions at the University of Wolverhampton for the year 2022-2023 is as follows:
|Degree||Annual Tuition Fee (GBP)||Annual Tuition Fee (INR)|
|UG||£12,950 – £13,450||INR 12 Lakhs – INR 13 Lakhs|
|PG||£13,950 – £14,950||INR 13 Lakhs – INR 14 Lakhs|
Cost of Living
Let’s also find out the average annual cost of living of an international student in the city of Wolverhampton in the table highlighted below:
|Cost of Living||Annual Amount in GBP (approximate average)||Annual Amount in INR (approximate average)|
|Cost of Living (This includes student accomodation, travel, food, books, necessities, etc)||£9,207||INR 9,27,104|
For a more detailed breakdown of the living expenses, check our Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator and calculate your expected cost of living in the UK.
Student Visa for UK
To study in Wolverhampton, UK, you have to apply for a General Student Visa [Tier 4]. You will become eligible for a study visa once you are enrolled in a full-time study course. The requirements include:
- Bank statement demonstrating financial support
- Tuberculosis test
- Passport size photographs
- Credibility Interview. The applicant must pass this test.
- English language qualification scores.
- To be eligible for a UK student visa, students’ applications must receive a minimum of 40 points (30 points from CAS and 10 points for maintenance requirements).
Know more about the UK Visa Application Process, Fee & Requirements
- After you’ve completed your masters, you would be allowed to stay in the UK if you hold a job offer with an annual salary of GBP 20800 (INR 20,78,983).
- You need to switch to a Tier 2 general visa which lasts for 5 years post completion of studies.
- You can qualify for permanent residence provided your income is at least £35000 (INR 34,98,289).
Yes, the University of Wolverhampton has been awarded 4 out of 5 stars in the latest QS Stars international rating system.
Yes, you can pursue an MBA course in a part-time mode with a duration of 2 Years.
No. You must complete your bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate score of 60%.
This was all that you needed to know about the University of Wolverhampton admissions for 2022. If you wish to study in the UK in 2022 and need guidance for the same, you can book a free counselling session with Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000.