All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) established the GATE exam for the Indian Institute of Science. The objective of launching this examination is to encourage and ensure the development of technical education in India. Students who are admitted to AICTE affiliated postgraduate institutions/programs can use the scholarship. Students who get this scholarship are awarded INR 12,400/ per month, from the date of commencement of classes till the date of completion. Let’s check for further details and the eligibility for the GATE scholarship.
This Blog Includes:
What is the GATE Scholarship?
AICTE GATE scholarship is a scholarship for MTech candidates who have qualified for the GATE exam conducted by AICTE. Only select candidates are given the scholarship and a grant of Rs 12,400/per month for the entire course. Full-time candidates enrolled in AICTE approved institutes are eligible to apply for the scholarship and appear for the scholarship exam.
For MTech students, the duration of the scholarship is 2 year (24 months) while for Phd students, the scholarship can be extended and the amount is Rs 25,000.
Importance of GATE score in GATE Scholarship
A valid GATE score is extremely important for GATE Scholarship. Candidates who wish to apply for financial assistance offered by AICTE GATE must appear for the exam. A high GATE score can increase the chances of winning the scholarship.
GATE Scholarship Details
|Scholarship Amount (Monthly)||INR 12,400|
|Scholarship Duration||2 Years|
|Application for 2021 (approx. month)||August|
|Verification and Approval Deadline 2021||20th March 2021|
|Eligibility||Valid Scores in GATE|
|Application Website||Click Here|
The applicants must make sure that they check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the GATE Post graduation scholarship.
- The main eligibility criteria for Gate scholarship is that the candidate must have a valid GATE score card at the time of admission and must apply before the admission deadline.
- The candidate must be admitted to an AICTE approved Postgraduate Institution and be selected in Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture, or Master of Pharmacy programs.
- The candidate must be a full-time student in the programs mentioned above.
- Candidates must have a general saving bank account under their name and not a joint account.
- The candidate should not receive any monetary assistance in the form of scholarships or any salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during their course of study in the Institute.
- The candidate must undertake an 8/10 hour activity/work related to teaching and research as given to them by the Institute.
- Candidates who come under the SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/ Physically Handicapped/ Differently Abled are eligible, provided that they have an authentic caste certificate. Students who do not provide a valid certificate will not be considered eligible.
- Apart from Indian students, applicants from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates will be eligible for the exam.
Also Read: GRE Scholarships
The applicants for the GATE scholarship must check the list of documents required below at the time of submission. Failure to provide any document will hinder their selection for the same. The documents must be scanned while submitting through the online application.
- GATE scorecard
- A valid ID photo proof
- A PDF copy of the passbook
- Aadhaar card (Students of J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam are exempted)
- A PDF copy of the caste certificate
- A PDF copy of the Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate in respect of only OBC candidates. Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) should not be old more than 1 year
- Signature in running handwriting
Application Procedure for GATE Scholarship
Students must register online for submitting their application to be selected. No other form or submission is accepted for the GATE scholarship.
- Candidates must visit the official link for AICTE and register.
- There will be a direct link stating the ‘AICTE Scholarship 2021’.
- Students must fill the required sections and the bank account details to complete the verification process.
- Applicants must submit all the required documents mentioned above.
- After submission, candidates can then give their forms and share a copy of the same with their respective institutions.
Must Read: Popular MCM Scholarships
GATE Scholarship Exam
Students must be thorough with the paper pattern and syllabus for better preparation.
- The GATE examination goes on for a duration of 3 hours with 65 questions that will be for 100 marks.
- The paper pattern will have 1 mark and 2 mark questions.
- Questions will be asked in the form of MCQs, the Minnesota Satisfaction Questionnaire (MSQ), and NAT.
- The paper will cover 3 sections- General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics, and Subject Specification Section.
|Questions||Correct Answer||Negative Marking|
|1 marker Questions||1||1/3|
|2 marker Questions||2||2/3|
The selection process for the GATE scholarship is a long process. It is to make sure that the scholarship is awarded to the right candidates.
The gate scholarship amount is Rs 12,400/per month. It is awarded to only select candidates for the entire post-graduate program under AICTE approved universities and institutes.
The GATE scholarship is for MTech and PhD students interested in pursuing higher education in AICTE approved institutes and universities. It provides selected candidates with financial assistance and a scholarship grant of Rs. 12,400.
Students will need the following documents-
A valid ID photo proof
A PDF copy of the passbook
Aadhaar card (Students of J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam are exempted)
A PDF copy of the caste certificate
A PDF copy of the Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate in respect of only OBC candidates. Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) should not be old more than 1 year
Signature in running handwriting
Only Full-time GATE students can apply for the GATE scholarship.
Thus, we hope that this blog provided you with detailed information on the GATE Scholarship. If you require any further help in applying for the scholarship, our experts at Leverage Edu experts are just a click away. Sign up for a free session with our counsellors and get your queries answered!