Established in 1907, Imperial College is one of the premier universities in the world. Ranked 8th by the QS World Rankings, Imperial College London is especially popular for its Science, Engineering, Medicine, and Business programmes. Imperial College hosts students and staff from 130 countries with over 50% of students outside the UK. Additionally, the college boasts top-notch faculty, innovative teaching facilities and high-level interdisciplinary research. If you are planning to study at Imperial College London, then read on to find out the eligibility, acceptance rate and more!
This Blog Includes:
Imperial College Acceptance Rate
Imperial College London is a highly competitive institution and offers rigorous and comprehensive programmes in various disciplines such as Science, Engineering, Medicine, and Business. Therefore owing to its popularity, Imperial college has a very low acceptance rate. The acceptance rate may vary from program to program. The average acceptance rate for undergraduate courses is 36%, which means every 1 in 3 applicants are offered admission, and the acceptance rate for postgraduate courses is 27% which means every 2 in 7 candidates are offered an admission into the college. Only students with exceptional academic credentials, strong extracurriculars and high test scores are offered admission into the college.
Also Read: Cost of Living in London
Imperial College London offers over 100 courses at the undergraduate level and over 150 courses at the postgraduate level. Let us look at the eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Imperial College London:
- Students hailing from CISCE – IS or CBSE – AISSE are required to score above 90% in all the 5 subjects with a score of 90-95% in the relevant subjects.
- Those applying for engineering courses are required to secure a rank from the common merit list and a good score in JEE advanced will also be favourable.
- Students are also required to submit their IELTS scores with a minimum of 6.5 overall (no less than 5.5 in any element) for standard and 7.0 (minimum 6.5 in all elements) for higher entry levels.
- Imperial College London also considers PTE scores valid for 2 years. Students are required to score 92 overall (minimum 20 in all elements) for standard and 100 overall (minimum 22 in all elements) for higher entry-level.
- The students will also be required to submit a statement of purpose at the time of application. Therefore an exceptionally well-written SOP can give students an edge during admissions.
To apply to Imperial College London, students are required to create an online application through Universities and Colleges Admissions Service – UCAS. The UCAS code for Imperial College London is 150. The UCAS website provides you with a step by step instruction on the process for reference. Students can apply for 5 programmes in an admission cycle of which 4 applications can be to clinical programmes like medicine, dentistry or veterinary medicine.
Latest Update – UCAS releases their mobile app!
Imperial College caters various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Some of the courses that are most sought after are listed below.
- MBBS/BSc Medicine
- Mechanical Engineering
- Finance & Accounting
- Advanced Computing
- Risk Management and Financial Engineering
- Economics & Strategy for Business
- Financial Technology
The tentative dates for application process are
- For applications including medicine courses – 15 October 2021
- Courses other than medical – 15 January 2022 for entry in October 2022
Ans. the documents required for Imperial college include:
1. Official academic transcripts
2. English proficiency test score
3. Standardized exam score
4. Statement of purpose or personal statement
5. Admission essays
6. 2-3 references/LORs
7. Student CV/academic resume
8. Proof of work experience (mandatory in MBA)
With its main campus in South Kensington, Imperial College has multiple campuses located within and nearby London.
Imperial College has a very low admission rate in both undergraduate as well as post graduate courses. Applicants will require a strong academic profile along with extracurricular activities.
This was all about the blog on the Imperial College acceptance rate. Hopefully, this blog guides you in your admissions. If you are planning to apply at Imperial College then get in touch with Leverage Edu for guidance.