With around 40,000 international students getting admissions for the academic session, the University of Manchester is considered one of the prestigious universities in the United Kingdom. Being one of the world’s leading research universities, the university is home to 450 societies and clubs for numerous fields like sports, drama, literature, etc. This university is ranked in the top 30 universities by the QS World University Rankings 2021. Getting admission to such a renowned institution is not an easy task. For all those who are aiming to get admission to this university, here is an insightful blog on the University of Manchester acceptance rate!
|Rankings||#27 in QS 2021|
#55 in THE 2021
|Percentage of International Students||29%|
|Minimum GPA Required||3.4 (Varies)|
|Average Tuition Fees||UG: 18,000 GBP-40,000 GBP |
[18 Lakhs to 40 Lakhs]
PG: 19,000 GBP-44,000 GBP
[19 Lakhs to 44 Lakhs]
This Blog Includes:
- University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
- For Bachelors Courses
- For MBBS, BDS & Other Medical Courses
- For Master’s Courses
- The University of Manchester Acceptance Rate for the MSc in Finance and Business Economics
- For Pharm D Course
- For PhD Courses
- University of Manchester Acceptance Rate: Eligibility & Admission Criteria
University of Manchester Acceptance Rate
Now, let us have a look at the University of Manchester acceptance rate. The application fee is a nominal amount of $25 and the deadline to apply to the university is still rolling.
The University of Manchester acceptance rate is 56.1% because the university is quite selective of its candidates. However, even this acceptance rate is good considering that it is an achievable target for international students.
Now that you are aware of the overall acceptance rate of Manchester University, let us take a more detailed look into acceptance rates of the particular schools of the university as well as the popular programs offered by it.
For Bachelors Courses
For bachelor’s programs, the University of Manchester acceptance rate is 53%. Acquiring a bachelor’s degree in your dream field from the UoM would provide your career with a strong foundation. There are scores of bachelors programs available at the institution like BA courses, Bachelor of Science, BTech, BE degree, etc. We are familiar with the high standards of the acceptance rate the university, hence it is advised that you must score 1300 on the SAT exam or 27 ACT exam.
For MBBS, BDS & Other Medical Courses
The University of Manchester acceptance rate for MBBS, BDS, Nursing and other medical science courses is 12.3%. Earning a degree in the esteemed field of medicine from the UoM can boost your career. Programs like MBBS, BDS, etc are available at the university. With a top-notch application and good scores in the competitive exams, you are all set to climb your way through the 12.3% acceptance rate. Once you attain the degree from the institution, you become eligible for applying for the provisional registration under the General Medical Council.
For Master’s Courses
When it comes to the University of Manchester master’s courses (taught), the acceptance rate is around 35% as per 2018/2019 statistics. The university offers a plethora of postgraduate programs such as a full-time MBA, MSc Biochemistry, MClin Res Clinical Research, MSc Finance, amongst others.
The University of Manchester Acceptance Rate for the MSc in Finance and Business Economics
One of the most popular masters programs at the institution is MSc in Finance and Business Economics which experiences cutting-edge competition every year. It has an acceptance rate as low as 10% thus, you must focus on drafting a meticulous application for the same.
For Pharm D Course
The university offers a reputable doctorate degree in Pharmacy under the name Pharm D. The University of Manchester acceptance rate for this Pharma D course is 28%. Due to the bare minimum acceptance rate, it is necessary for the candidates to outshine from the hoard of applicants.
It is mandatory for aspirants to at least have a GPA of 2.5 along with minimum C grade in their previous programs. Also, the candidates must have 3 LORs along with their supplemental application.
For PhD Courses
The University of Manchester acceptance rate for PhD is 53%. The university strives to accommodate more and more students hence, the official authorities have kept simple eligibility criteria for PhD courses. Out of a plethora of applicants who wish to pursue a doctorate program this institution must pull up their socks to tackle this acceptance rate.
NOTE: The aforementioned acceptance rate as well as the prerequisites for certain courses are estimated and may change.
University of Manchester Acceptance Rate: Eligibility & Admission Criteria
Before we jump to the University of Manchester acceptance rate, let us first understand the differing admission process for bachelor’s degree courses and master’s degree courses at the university.
Bachelor’s Degree Courses
A bachelor’s degree in the United Kingdom lasts for about three to four years. There are no generalised subjects that you need to study before moving on to the subjects of your specialisation. An essential thing to remember is that UCAS is the only way to apply for an undergraduate degree at this university. Hence, it is an important factor while considering the University of Manchester acceptance rate. UCAS is the centralised portal for admission and allows you to apply to a maximum of 5, UK universities. Before submitting your UCAS application, you need to include the scores of all the tests you have already appeared for. Also, you are required to write down the predicted score for the tests due in your final high school year. The senior secondary marks are required if you are directly applying from high school.
Other than knowing the University of Manchester acceptance rate, it is also pivotal to comprehend the entry process for each program and the certain generalised requirements that need to be fulfilled and majorly vary as per the country one is coming from. For Indian students planning to apply to the University of Manchester, the general requirements for undergraduate courses are as follows:
- For those opting for A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB), they can send their application for ‘direct entry’ into the undergraduate degree’s first year. Further, only A-levels or International Baccalaureate is taken into consideration for applications for programs in Dentistry or Medicine.
- A good score in English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Those who have completed XII standard, i.e. Higher Secondary School certificate, they are completely eligible to apply for undergraduate programs given that they have at least 80% minimum as their overall percentage.
- Also, certain degree courses especially those in Management require candidates to have a minimum of 85% in a minimum of two subjects.
- Those applicants who got an overall of 70% or higher (with at least 75% in Physics and Mathematics and 65% in English) in XII standard will be eligible for the UoM’s Science and Engineering with an Integrate foundation year programme.
- For UoM’s Biosciences with a foundation year programme, the completion of the Higher School Secondary certificate is the main eligibility criteria and the applications are generally considered on a case to case basis.
- If a student has completed XII standard with an overall of 65% or more from any exam boards that are not recognised to get direct entry into the UoM, but are mainly considered for the varied foundation programmes in Social Sciences, Law, Management, Psychology, Pharmacy, Biosciences, Humanities, Science and Engineering, which are run in collaboration with INTO Manchester.
Note: It is important to mention entry requirements may vary as per the subject as well as the board. Connect with Leverage Edu experts to verify the details.
Read our blog on Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in UK!
Master’s & Research Courses
The course structure of your undergraduate degree will be under scrutiny for admission for postgraduate degrees at the University of Manchester. Certain courses require work experience or some kind of written work where your knowledge from the undergraduate degree was applied. You can also show your experience in a subject that serves as a prerequisite in the current course you are applying for.
A master’s degree in the United Kingdom lasts for a year or two maximum while research especially PhD courses can span for more than that. The eligibility for different specialisations alters according to the degree and branch. However, the generalised entry requirements for a Master’s degree and research courses as per the University of Manchester acceptance rate are:
- The student must have completed at least a three-year degree and achieved first class from a recognized institution are eligible for postgraduate studies though there are additional requisites for those wanting to do an MBA.
- For MBA, a minimum of three years of work experience after the completion of graduation is the essential criteria.
- For PhD programs, students must have obtained a three-year degree with first-class as well as masters from reputable institutions and a research proposal is also required.
Note: Postgraduate research programs are generally supervised considering applications on an individual basis and this is why candidates are advised to make initial enquiries to their school or potential supervising before moving ahead with their formal application.
A GPA of 3.41 or above in high school is mandatory for getting admissions in the University of Manchester.
The overall acceptance rate for the University of Manchester is 56.1%. One needs to make sure that they have an excellent profile to apply at the University of Manchester. Only the best candidates get a chance to study at this prestigious university.
It is one of the top universities in the UK as well as in the world. Along with an excellent global reputation, it also has the best research led programs. The University of Manchester acceptance rate is really low, this it is very difficult to get admission in this renowned university making it not just a good but the best university across the globe.
With an overall acceptance rate of 56%, we can say that out of 100 applicants only 59 make their way into the University of Manchester, making it really a tough nut to crack. Make sure your application is perfect to get a seat in the course of your choice!
As you gained all the information about the University of Manchester, you can now choose the course you are interested in and begin the application. For this, Leverage Edu experts can assist you in making an impressive application to the university and carve the first step in your dream career.