Being one of the choicest study destinations, the cost of studying in the UK can cause a hole in the pocket for some of us. On average, it can be estimated at around £15,000 (INR 15 lakhs), which can go up to £38,000 (INR 38 lakhs) or more for international students. But studying in the UK can be affordable if you plan well in advance for the 2023 intake and apply to those UK universities that offer guaranteed scholarships to international students.
Best Study Abroad Scholarships for Indian Students!
This Blog Includes:
- Study in UK Latest News 2023
- UK Universities That Offer Guaranteed Scholarship
- UK Scholarships for International Students
- Cheapest Universities to Study in UK 2023
- Student Visa in UK
- Popular Intakes in UK
Study in UK Latest News 2023
- India and the UK have entered into an agreement recognising each other’s higher educational qualifications in an MoU signed by both countries on 21 July 2022.
- As per UCAS, the application rate for 18-year-olds from disadvantaged neighbourhoods in the UK has increased from 27% in 2021 to nearly 29%. Further, a record-high overall application rate of 44.1% has also been reported. Over 683,650 students had submitted 3,049,000 applications via UCAS by 30 June 2022.
- Times Higher Education (THE) has revealed that the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras and the University of Birmingham have come together to offer joint-degree programmes. The programmes on offer will be 2-year master’s in Energy Systems, Data Science, and Biomedical Engineering.
- UK’s exchange program named “Turing Scheme” will benefit more than 38,000 students to study and work abroad during the 2022/23 academic year.
- London has surfaced as the best city for students in the QS Best Student Cities Rankings 2023 published on 29 June. London has received an Overall Score of 100, scoring high on factors such as Student View, Student Mix and Rankings, while receiving a low score on affordability.
- The UK government has announced 75 fully-funded scholarships for Indian students to study in the UK. The scholarships have been announced to mark 75 years of Indian independence.
UK Universities That Offer Guaranteed Scholarship
International students can apply to a variety of guaranteed scholarships given by British universities and colleges These scholarships can be partially or fully funded, based on the criterion, course, and university of course. Here are some guaranteed scholarships offered by UK universities:
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University is a public university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It was originally known as Leeds Metropolitan University and before that as Leeds Polytechnic. This UK university houses more than 2,900 staff members and over 28,000 students belonging to 100 countries across the world. The university values the diversity that international students bring to Leeds Beckett and hence offers various guaranteed scholarships to all eligible Indian students
|International Foundation Year||£1,500 (INR 1,51 Lakhs ) to first-year students only|
|Undergraduate Courses||£1,000 (INR 1 lakh) per year|
|Postgraduate Courses||£3,000 (INR 3 lakh) to first-year students only|
|Research Courses||£1,500 (INR 1,51 lakhs) per year|
To be eligible for the scholarship discount, students must:
- Be classified as having a residence status of ‘Overseas / Non-EU.’
- Be assessed to pay the international fee.
- Must have full-time enrollment in the necessary course.
- Must be enrolled in a qualifying course.
- Must be a self-funded student who has paid the entire course cost for that year (those students who have their tuition fees paid by a third-party sponsor, employer or government agency will not be eligible).
- Must be studying that level of the course for the first time (i.e. not repeating any level during that year)
Also, explore All National Scholarships by NSP For 2022-23!
Swansea University is another UK university that provides guaranteed scholarships to Indian students. The university has a vibrant student and staff community and thus looks forward to welcoming new students and faculty. Swansea is one of the few places in the United Kingdom with a low cost of living. It was even ranked in the UK Top 10 for the Most Inexpensive University Towns (Totallymoney.com) and ranked in the UK Top 6 in the list of Safest Cities (Complete University Guide, 2020). The institution actively encourages overseas students to apply to Swansea University as soon as possible to prevent any potential delays. The university also encourages applicants to contact the university office to confirm how much scholarship an applicant is entitled to as an Indian national.
University of Essex
Next up on our list of top UK universities that offer guaranteed scholarships to international students is the University of Essex. Situated in one of the oldest recorded towns of London, this university boasts to welcome international students from over 140 different countries across the world. Hence, it is always on the list of Indian students who are seeking to pursue quality education abroad. The university offers the following guaranteed scholarships to Indian students:
|Indian sub-continent Regional Scholarship scheme||£4,000 (INR 4 lakhs)||The scholarship is offered to undergraduate students from India.|
|Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarship scheme||£3,000 – £5,000 (INR 3- INR 5 lakhs)||The scholarship is offered to high-achieving master’s students from India.|
University of Exeter
The University of Exeter, in collaboration with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, offers guaranteed scholarships worth £10,000 (INR 10 lakhs) to seven Indian students who apply for eligible postgraduate taught programmes in Politics, Law, or Education / Sports and Health Sciences or Geography / Renewable Energy. To meet the following requirements to be considered for this guaranteed scholarship given by the University of Exeter, the applicant must:
- Be an Indian citizen/passport bearer (and therefore classed as an International student for fee purposes).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree that will allow you to enrol in a postgraduate (taught) programme at a UK institution (for this scholarship at the University of Exeter, typically the equivalent of a UK upper second class degree).
- Be intellectually and academically capable of pursuing postgraduate study in the United Kingdom.
- Engaged in the field with job experience or a demonstrated interest in the subject.
- Satisfy the UK university’s English language requirement.
- Be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience by attending lectures and tutorials and participating in extracurricular activities, as well as serving as an ambassador for UK Higher Education by advocating the benefits of studying at a UK HEI.
- Be willing to develop a relationship with the UK as a scholar, reflect the high standards of the GREAT brand via personal and academic fulfilment, and become a champion for scholarships.
- Be willing to attend a networking event with all UK-based GREAT scholars to share experiences and record views of studying in the UK.
Let’s Explore Scholarships In Europe!
Based in the heart of the UK, London, Brunel University London is one of the few UK universities that offer guaranteed scholarships to Indian international students. The university is home to over 14,000 students from 150 countries. Brunel students are a part of a lively, vibrant and strikingly international community where they meet people from all over the world. Brunel University London provides a distinguished scholarship programme for overseas students. The scholarship plan is only available to students who are entirely self-funded and is judged on overall academic performance and professional experience. Indian students are also eligible for the scholarship. The eligibility criteria to avail of this scholarship are as follows:
- According to UK government requirements, the candidate must be classified as an Overseas Fee-Paying Student and be self-funded (not sponsored). Applicants who are unclear about their fee status should be aware that Brunel utilises the information given in their application form to assess fee status against UK government rules.
- All applicants must meet all conditions of their offer by the time they are due to register at Brunel.
Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University, located in East Anglia, has its early roots in Cambridge. It was originally known as the Cambridge School of Art, and it was founded in 1858 by William John Beaumont. Recognizing that pursuing a degree programme is a significant financial commitment, Anglia Ruskin University has created a series of guaranteed scholarships and bursaries to help foreign students study abroad. This university provides the following guaranteed scholarships to international students:
|International Merit Scholarship||Between £1,000 and £2,000 (INR 1- 2 lakhs)||The scholarship is offered to international students applying for an undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree. Students will automatically receive an International Merit Scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.|
|International Alumni Scholarship||£3,000 (INR 3 lakhs)||If you’re already an undergraduate student at ARU and want to move on to a postgraduate course, you may be eligible for our International Alumni Scholarship. The students will automatically receive an International Alumni Scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.|
|International Early Payment Discount||£400 up to £1,000 (INR 40,504 – INR 1 lakhs)||The scholarship is available to international students who are taking an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course, and studying full-time. There is no need for the applicants to apply for this scholarship. Those who will pay their tuition fees early will have the advantage of avail of the discount.|
Want to Know About 2023 Admission Timeline to Study in the UK?
UK Scholarships for International Students
Following is the list of scholarships for international students:
- British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarships
- A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship
- Felix Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships (CWIT)
- Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships
- Goa Education Trust Scholarships
- Queen Mary University Scholarships
- University of Westminster Scholarships
Cheapest Universities to Study in UK 2023
Several UK universities offer low-cost degree programs to international students. Each of the universities featured here has a beautiful campus and provides students with high-quality education, infrastructure, and services. Want to know the cheapest university to study at in the UK? As per the average annual tuition fees, here are the cheapest universities in the UK:
|Cheapest Universities in the UK||Average Estimated Tuition Fees in GBP||Average Estimated Tuition Fees in INR|
|University of Greenwich||£14,100||14.48 lakhs|
|Anglia Ruskin University||£14,000||14.38 lakhs|
|University of Chester||£12,950||13.30 lakhs|
|University of West London||£13,250||13.61 lakhs|
|Leeds Beckett university||£14,000||14.38 lakhs|
|University of Wolverhampton||£13,950||14.33 lakhs|
|Coventry University||£16,500||16.95 lakhs|
Student Visa in UK
Here are the two main types of UK Student Visas you can choose from to study in the UK:
|Tier 4 Student Visa||Short-term Student Visa|
|This is for those who are 16 years of age or above and have enrolled in a course exceeding more than 11 months.||This type of visa is for those students who want to enrol in a short-term course.|
|You will have to collect your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) or letter of acceptance from the institution where you have applied to study.||The duration of such courses doesn’t exceed 11 months.|
Popular Intakes in UK
The following are the popular intakes in UK:
|Intake||Starting Months||Application Deadlines|
|Fall/ Primary Intake||September||June- July|
January 2023 Intake in UK
|April – June 2022||Research and shortlist universities|
|June – September 2022||Attempt standardised tests|
|September – November 2022||Submit the application forms|
|October – December 2022||Respond to college/university emails|
|December 2022 – January 2023||Arrange the finances (loans and scholarships)|
September 2023 Intake in UK
|April – September 2022||Make sure the deadlines and admissions standards are met before finalising your programme of study and shortlisting colleges.|
|June – December 2022||Get ready for and take the standardised tests.|
|August – December 2022||Prepare the application materials, such as the SOP, LOR, CV, transcript, etc.|
|December 2022 – July 2023||Fill out the application forms|
|April – July 2023||Accept the offer, fill out the form for a UK student visa, and make financial arrangements.|
|July – August 2023||Plan your travel|
So these were the top 6 UK universities that offer guaranteed scholarships to Indian and international students. To secure a spot at one of these universities or any other university in the UK 2023 intakes, reach out to our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 right now!