Being one of the choicest study destinations, the cost of studying in the UK can cause a hole in the pocket for some of us. On average, it can be estimated around £15,000 (INR 15,18,908), which can go up to £38,000 (INR 38,47,900) or more for international students. But studying in the UK can be affordable if you plan well in advance and apply to those UK universities that offer guaranteed scholarships to international students.
This Blog Includes:
UK Universities that Offer Guaranteed Scholarship
International students can apply to a variety of guaranteed scholarships given by British universities and colleges These scholarships can be partially or fully funded, based on the criterion, course, and university of course. Here are some guaranteed scholarships offered by UK universities:
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University is a public university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It was originally known as Leeds Metropolitan University and before that as Leeds Polytechnic. This UK university houses more than 2,900 staff members and over 28,000 students belonging to 100 countries across the world. The university really values the diversity that international students bring to Leeds Beckett and hence offers various guaranteed scholarships to all eligible Indian students
|International Foundation Year||£1,500 (INR 1,51,890) to first-year students only|
|Undergraduate Courses||£1,000 (INR 1,01,260) per year|
|Postgraduate Courses||£3,000 (INR 3,03,781) to first-year students only|
|Research Courses||£1,500 (INR 1,51,890) per year|
To be eligible for the scholarship discount, students must:
- Be classified as having a residence status of ‘Overseas / Non-EU.’
- Be assessed to pay the international fee.
- Must have full-time enrollment in the necessary course.
- Must be enrolled in a qualifying course.
- Must be a self-funded student who has paid the entire course cost for that year (those students who have their tuition fees paid by a third-party sponsor, employer or government agency will not be eligible).
- Must be studying that level of the course for the first time (i.e. not repeating any level during that year)
Also, explore All National Scholarships by NSP For 2021-22!
Swansea University is another UK university that provides guaranteed scholarships to Indian students. The university has a vibrant student and staff community thus looks forward to welcoming new students and faculty. Swansea is one of the few places in the United Kingdom with a low cost of living. It was even ranked in the UK Top 10 for the Most Inexpensive University Towns (Totallymoney.com) and ranked in the UK Top 6 in the list of Safest Cities (Complete University Guide, 2020). The institution actively encourages overseas students to apply to Swansea University as soon as possible to prevent any potential delays. The university also encourages applicants to contact the university office to confirm how much scholarship an applicant is entitled to as an Indian national.
University of Essex
Next up on our list of top UK universities that offer guaranteed scholarships to international students is the University of Essex. Situated in one of the oldest recorded towns of London, this university boasts to welcome international students from over 140 different countries from across the world. Hence, it is always on the list of Indian students who are seeking to pursue quality education abroad. The university offers the following guaranteed scholarships to Indian students:
|Indian sub-continent Regional Scholarship scheme||£4,000 (INR 4,05,042)||The scholarship is offered to undergraduate students from India.|
|Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarship scheme||£3,000 – £5,000 (INR 3,03,781 – INR 5,06,302)||The scholarship is offered to high achieving masters students from India.|
University of Exeter
The University of Exeter, in collaboration with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, offers guaranteed scholarships worth £10,000 (INR 10,12,605) to seven Indian students who apply for an eligible postgraduate taught programmes in Politics, Law, or Education / Sport and Health Sciences or Geography / Renewable Energy. To meet the following requirements to be considered for this guaranteed scholarship given by the University of Exeter, the applicant must:
- Be an Indian citizen/passport bearer (and therefore classed as an International student for fees purposes).
- Hold a bachelor’s degree that will allow you to enrol in a postgraduate (taught) programme at a UK institution (for this scholarship at the University of Exeter, typically the equivalent of a UK upper second class degree).
- Be intellectually and academically capable of pursuing a postgraduate study in the United Kingdom.
- Engaged in the field with job experience or a demonstrated interest in the subject.
- Satisfy the UK university’s English language requirement.
- Be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience by attending lectures and tutorials and participating in extracurricular activities, as well as serving as an ambassador for UK Higher Education by advocating the benefits of studying at a UK HEI.
- Be willing to develop a relationship with the UK as a scholar, reflect the high standards of the GREAT brand via personal and academic fulfilment, and become a champion for scholarships.
- Be willing to attend a networking event with all UK-based GREAT scholars in order to share experiences and record views of studying in the UK.
Based in the heart of the UK, London, Brunel University London is one among the few UK universities that offer guaranteed scholarships to Indian international students. The university is home to over 14,000 students from 150 countries. Brunel students are a part of a lively, vibrant and strikingly international community where they meet people from all over the world. Brunel University London provides a distinguished scholarship programme for overseas students. The scholarship plan is only available to students who are entirely self-funded and is judged on overall academic performance and professional experience. Indian students are also eligible for the scholarship. The eligibility criteria to avail of this scholarship are as follows:
- According to UK government requirements, the candidate must be classified as an Overseas Fee-Paying Student and be self-funded (not sponsored). Applicants who are unclear about their fee status should be aware that Brunel utilises the information given in their application form to assess fee status against UK government rules.
- The candidate must have a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course offer (including placement routes and undergraduate integrated Masters programmes) beginning in September 2021 or January 2022.
- All applicants must meet all conditions of their offer by the time they are due to register at Brunel.
Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University, located in East Anglia, has its early roots at Cambridge. It was originally known as the Cambridge School of Art, and it was founded in 1858 by William John Beaumont. Recognizing that pursuing a degree programme is a significant financial commitment, Anglia Ruskin University has created a series of guaranteed scholarships and bursaries to help foreign students study abroad. This university provides the following guaranteed scholarships to international students:
|International Merit Scholarship||Between £1,000 and £2,000 (INR 1,01,260 – INR 2,02,521)||The scholarship is offered to international students applying for an undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree. Students will automatically receive an International Merit Scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.|
|International Alumni Scholarship||£3,000 (INR 3,03,781)||If you’re already an undergraduate student at ARU and want to move onto a postgraduate course, you may be eligible for our International Alumni Scholarship. The students will automatically receive an International Alumni Scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.|
|International Early Payment Discount||£400 up to £1,000 (INR 40,504 – INR 1,01,260)||The scholarship is available to international students who are taking an undergraduate or postgraduate degree course, and studying full-time. There is no need for the applicants to apply for this scholarship. Those who will pay their tuition fees early will have the advantage to avail of the discount.|
So these were the top 6 UK universities that offer guaranteed scholarships to Indian and international students. To secure a spot at one of these universities or any other university in the UK, reach out to our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 right now!