Based in New Delhi, Oxford and Cambridge Society of India is a non-profit organization run combinedly by the alumni of the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. The organization aims to provide scholarships for students willing to attain education at the prestigious University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge. The scholarship is available for select courses at the undergraduate, graduate and research levels. This blog aims to provide you with a comprehensive guide on the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship, its key essentials, as well as the applicable courses you can choose from.
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based and College Specific|
|Organized By||Oxford and Cambridge Society of India|
|Annual No. of Scholarships||1|
|Scholarship Website Link||Click Here|
|Academic Deadline||1 May 2023|
|Scholarship Amount||INR 2 lakh|
|Study-Level||Any full-time or part-time scholarships in Oxford and Cambridge University|
This Blog Includes:
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship: Eligible Courses
Generally, the scholarship is available for any of the courses offered by the two universities. Further, the different levels of study under the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India include the following:
- Bachelor degree programs
- Second Bachelor’s degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
- One-year post-graduate programs like LLM, BCL, MPhil, Diploma, Part III Maths or CASM, PGCE, MBA etc.
- Research for a PhD degree
- Various taught and research-based Masters programs of different durations like Medicine, Engineering, MSc, etc.
Perks of Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
Through the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship, students are provided with the required educational help to pursue any of the offered courses, however, it does not compensate for the accommodation and living costs. Also, the amount given under the scholarship may vary every year and the maximum financial help a student can avail of is INR 4 lakh, while the minimum is INR 40,000. Here is a list of some of the other perks you can avail through this scholarship:
- For those who have already availed of the scholarship and want to apply for some other schemes at any institution in India and across the globe, a letter of support would be provided by the OCSI.
- The selected applicants will get a lifetime membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India.
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India will also provide assistance in receiving a quick education loan from Indian Financial Institutions depending upon the OCSI letter.
- A former or current member of the OCSI will guide the students during their stay at Oxford/Cambridge University.
In order to apply for the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship, you need to fulfil the following prerequisites:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must be below 30 years of age on September 1 of the year of application.
- Candidates applying for their first undergraduate degree with the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship must have completed their primary and secondary education at an Indian school.
- If you are opting for a second undergraduate degree or a master’s course, you must have completed your graduation from an Indian university.
- Candidates must have applied and secured admission under either of the two universities (Oxford and Cambridge) in a full-time course.
- To avail of the scholarship funds, it is necessary for the candidates to show proof of admission along with proof of taking up accommodation in either of the universities.
- The OCSI does not assist the student in securing admission to any of the two universities. Candidates must be admitted to the university through the admission process specified by them.
Once the application deadline has been concluded, the OCSI starts screening all the candidates as per a strict set of criteria. Let’s take a look at what the selection procedure of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship is like:
- The main criterion of awarding this application is assessing the academic excellence of the student along with leadership skills and potential to transform the lives of people for good.
- Although the foremost criterion of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India is based on a strong academic background students can prepare a convincing argument for choosing their particular degree at the university.
- The scholarship targets those meritorious students who have been restrained financially from studying at these universities. Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship is of no use to those who are already enrolled or are currently studying at any of these two institutions.
- The OCSI hopes that after completing their degrees abroad through this scholarship, the candidates will return back to India in a reasonable time and pursue their career in India itself.
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship: Application Process
Here are some of the major details you need to keep in mind while making your application for the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India scholarship:
- Every year the forms for the OCSI scholarship is available in the month of February.
- An announcement regarding the same is sent to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the British Council and Indian colleges.
- The application forms of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship can be downloaded at the OCSI’s official website. The filling process is offline and candidates need to mail their forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The shortlisted students are called for the final face-to-face interview by the month of June.
- There will be no financial help for the travel expenses for coming to Delhi to attend the final interview.
- Completed scholarship application form
- Proof of Indian citizenship and ordinary residence in India
- Academic transcripts from all previous educational institutions (including UG, PG, and any other relevant courses).
- Proof of admission to a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement
Check out some other scholarships:
- MIT Scholarships
- NSF Scholarship for Indian Students
- Scholarship in Canada for Masters
- TOEFL Scholarship
Candidates should have Indian citizenship. In addition, they also need to score excellent marks in their academics to be eligible for the Oxford Scholarship.
Oxford University provides different types of scholarships to international students, including students from India.
The OCSI scholarship is worth INR 2 Lakh.
We hope that this blog has helped you understand the major details of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship. If you are searching for financial aid schemes and education loans to study abroad, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu. We will help you choose from a plethora of scholarships and find the right one that can fund your academic aspirations and bring you closer to your dream career. Call us today at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.