Is the UK your dream study destination? Are you looking for the upcoming admission sessions in UK universities? If yes, then you have got yourself in the right place! The January session is perfect for those international students who want some more time in completing their pre-university education during the summers or are in the process of arranging necessary monetary resources or arranging student visas. Through this blog, we aim to provide you with a complete guide on major January intake universities in the UK along with their best courses and scholarships for Indian students to study in UK!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study in the UK?
- Five-Step Process for Applying to Study in UK
- List of Universities in the UK Offering January Intake
- Advantages for Applying for January Intake in UK 2024
Must Read: Study in United Kingdom
Why Study in the UK?
- Top Universities: UK’s top universities like Oxford, Cambridge, Kings College, QMUL, and UEA are consistently ranked amongst the world’s most celebrated universities in terms of teaching quality, research, high student satisfaction, and graduate employability.
- Easy Work Permit: International students planning to study in UK for the upcoming intakes can benefit from its new post-study work visa offered to masters and PhD international students for 2 and 3 years respectively.
- A wealth of Opportunities: UK is home to some of the best companies like Barclays, NatWest Group, PwC UK, Deloitte, and Sainsbury’s that offer graduates an amazing lifestyle and opportunities to grow in the country.
- Variety of Courses: From culinary arts to zoology, students in the UK study a wide range of specializations and pursue a career in diverse fields.
- Cultural Diversity: UK is located in the heart of Europe and is home to thousands of nationalities. Living in the UK for international students is a global experience and an opportunity to travel to the world’s most visited countries in the world like France, Austria, Germany, etc.!
Must Read: Guide to Study in UK 2024
Five-Step Process for Applying to Study in UK
|April- June 2023||Research and narrow down the institutions you wish to apply to.|
|June- September 2023||Prepare for and take any compulsory standardized examinations (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE) by institutions.|
|September – November 2023||Complete and submit the admission application forms to the selected universities together with the necessary supporting documentation.|
|October – December 2023||Enquire back in the emails you get from the institutions that made the shortlist.|
|December 2023- January 2024||Plan your funds, apply for scholarships and student loans, and complete the other phases of the procedure.|
List of Universities in the UK Offering January Intake
The January Intake is also known as the Spring Intake in the UK. Through September intake is more popular than the former, January Intake is preferred by students who have deferred their studies to score higher in IELTS or to apply for a particular course. January Intake is also less competitive and allows international students to catch up with the September classes. This intake provides an incentive for candidates who have skipped entry in the main intakes in the UK.
|University in UK||QS WUR 2023|
|Queen Mary University of London||=125|
|Edinburgh Napier University||801-1000|
|Oxford Brookes University||=438|
|University of Bath||=179|
|University of Bedfordshire||NA|
|University of Derby||1001-1200|
|London Metropolitan University||801-1000|
|London South Bank University||801-1000|
|Manchester Metropolitan University||801-1000|
|Sheffield Hallam University||NA|
|University of Birmingham||91|
|University of Buckingham||NA|
|University of Northampton||1001-1200|
Advantages for Applying for January Intake in UK 2024
- If you wish to study in the UK but need additional time to prepare for extracurriculars or entrance exams, January entry is a perfect option for you.
- The majority of students find it difficult to select their courses for higher education. You have extra time in the UK’s January intake to think things through before choosing. However, students are advised to confirm that the courses they’’re interested in are open for enrollment.
- Many UK institutions provide conditional admission offers to candidates who have not yet completely met the standards for admission. To be ready for the college year, those kids might engage in foundation courses.
- The optimum time for students to apply for preparatory courses is for the January intake since they have just enough time to be ready and improve their prospects for the September intake.
- January admission in the UK receives fewer students because September is the main intake month. If you have a strong profile, it will be easier for you to stand out from the crowd.
- Since the majority of students acquire accommodation during the initial intake, demand is significantly lower in the secondary intake. It is simpler to find lodging that won’t empty your bank account.
Queen Mary University of London
Built upon the legacy of 4 historic academic institutions of London aimed at enhancing the lives of the less fortunate, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is one of the most popular public research-intensive institutions in the UK. It is also amongst the greatest UK universities that form the prestigious Russell Group. QMUL is home to international students from 160 countries, 9 Nobel Laureates and notable alumni members. The university is not just renowned for its research prowess but is also internationally acclaimed for its inclusivity, diversity and LGBTQ friendliness and close proximity to central London. Here are the top courses offered by QMUL for the January 2023 intake for international students:
- MSc Management
- MSc Management with Integrated Pre-Masters
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Artificial Intelligence with Machine Learning
- MSc Big Data Science with Machine Learning Systems
- MSc Banking and Finance
- LLM Banking and Finance Law
- LLM Commercial and Corporate Law
- LLM Comparative and International Dispute Resolution
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law
- MRes Clinical Research
- MSc Genomic Medicine
- MA Education for Clinical Contexts MA
- MSc Physician Associate Studies
Also read: Study in UK for Indian Students
Since its inception in 1884, Bangor University has been constantly dedicated to academic excellence and has put a strong emphasis on student experiences. The university comprises three colleges that house 14 academic schools and more than 10,000 students are enrolled annually coming from all kinds of cultural diversions. Known for delivering high-quality teaching, learning environment and student outputs, Bangor University is at the top of our list of January intake universities in UK and offers the following graduate-level courses for the students to specialize in.
- MA/MSc/MBA in Banking and Finance
- MSc Accounting
- MSc Accounting and Banking
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MA/MBA in Banking and Law
- LLM International Commercial and Business Law
- LLM Banking and Law
- MA Criminology
- MBA Law and Management
- MA Social Policy
- MA Comparative Criminology and Criminal Justice
- MA Criminology and Sociology
Also Read: Study in UK without IELTS
Edinburgh Napier University
Nurturing talent and imparting high-quality knowledge, Edinburgh Napier University is renowned for its innovation in research through which it has worked massively on various challenges faced in different sectors. Edinburgh Napier University is one of those January intake universities in UK that offer mostly graduate-level courses and very few undergraduate-level courses. The most popular programs at the institution include:
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- MBA Engineering Management
- MBA Strategic Project Management
- MBA in Leadership Practice
- MSc Computing with Professional Placement
- MSc Global Hospitality Management
- MSc Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science
Founded with the motto of “learn through doing”, the students at Middlesex University get real-life exposure into their field of study to apply their gained knowledge and put it into practice. As a campus university in London, the university is constituted of three academic faculties, i.e. Arts and Professional Industries, Professional and Social Sciences as well as Science and Technology. Empowering its students with all the tools and opportunities needed to achieve success in future endeavours, the institution offers a wide range of bachelor’s and master’s level programs for the students to choose from. Some of the major programs offered by the university are:
- BA Business Management
- BA Financial Services
- BA International Business Administration
- BSc Information Technology and Business Information Systems
- MA International Relations
- MA Leading Inclusive Education
- MA Education
- MA International Business Management
- MSc Strategic Management
Oxford Brookes University
With a continual drive to achieve excellence in teaching and high satisfaction among the students, Oxford Brookes University provides the student with a stimulating learning experience which gives the students the opportunities to develop skills through coursework and extra-curricular activities. One of the most popular January intake universities in the UK, the university offers undergraduate and graduate-level courses for the students to choose from.
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- BA (Hons) International Business Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing Management
- BSc (Hons) Economics, Finance and International Business
- MSc Applied Accounting
- MSc Business and Marketing Management
- MSc Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Digital Marketing
- PG Diploma in Management in Health and Social Care
- MSc and PG Diploma in Real Estate Investment Finance
University of Bedfordshire
Driven by innovation and a legacy of top-quality education, the University of Bedfordshire nurtures the students to become educated, productive and entrepreneurial global citizens. The university supports the students in all aspects of their lives and makes them influential personalities through the education provided to them. Another good option amongst the January intake universities in UK, here are some bachelor’s and master’s level programs offered by the University of Bedfordshire:
- BSc Artificial Intelligence
- BSc Business Information System
- BSc Cybersecurity
- BSc Computer Animation and Visual Effects
- BEng Computer Systems Engineering
- BEng Automotive Engineering
- BEng Telecommunications and Network Engineering
- BA Accounting
- MSc Applied Information Technology
- MBA (Digital Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, etc.)
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc International Business with Law
University of Derby
The University of Derby is based on the legacy of innovation and provides high-quality learning as well as industry-relevant experiences to the students. Having been rated Gold under the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF), the university offers industry-experienced professors, placement opportunities and modern innovational technologies to elevate the learning experience and inculcate practical skills within them. Here are some of the most popular undergraduate and graduate-level programs provided in the January intake season of the University of Derby.
- BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Interior Architecture and Venue Design
- BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BA (Hons) International Business
- BA (Hons) International Business and Finance
- BA (Hons) Event Management
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Building Information Modelling
- MSc Sustainable Architecture and Healthy Buildings
- MA Visual Arts
- MA Fine Art
- MBA Global Finance
- MSc International Business and Finance
- MSc International Business and HRM
- MSc International Business and Marketing
Must Read: Documents Required to Study in the UK
Ans: The secondary intake occurs in January at UK institutions. Despite the fact that there are fewer courses available than in the September intake, the January intake provides students who were not admitted to the main intake with a chance.
Ans: September to November is the ideal time for applying for the January intake.
Ans: January intake is the secondary intake.
UK universities are offering a plethora of courses, scholarships, and awards for the January intake 2023 to help students catch and avail the best opportunities in the country. Apply with our Leverage Edu university admission experts today and secure admission at your dream UK university in NO time! Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.