MBA is one of the most popular and universal programs across the globe. This degree serves as a gateway for students from diverse backgrounds to enter into the field of management. A significantly high number of recent graduates are willing to enter management to build great careers. Although universities across the globe prefer students who have prior work experience for their MBA courses, certain universities in the UK like Coventry University, Leeds Beckett University, University of Northampton, and more are now becoming more liberal. These colleges are allowing international students to pursue MBA in UK without work experience. Let’s take a look at all the information related to pursuing an MBA in UK without work experience.
|Top specializations in the UK||International Business, HRM, Project Management, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, etc.|
|Academic Requirements||UG Degree with minimum 60% marks obtained|
|Language proficiency||IELTS/TOEFL/PTE required|
|Visa||Student visa required|
|Average Fees||£34,800 (INR 35.9 lakhs)|
|MBA in UK average salary||£50,000 (INR 51.6 lakhs)|
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of Studying MBA in UK Without Work Experience
There are numerous benefits or perks of studying MBA in the UK without work experience which nobody will tell you except us. We know that it’s a long-lived trend to go for work experience and industry exposure after completing your bachelor’s degree in any field of study. Most students take this route only. But, there are a lot of students who just want to be done with their studies before stepping into their respective industries related to their fields of study. For these students, the benefits of studying MBA in the UK without work experience are:
- An opportunity to get an early entry into the new career opportunities with better pay, especially after gaining a Masters level degree.
- Students will earn a chance to enter into the corporate world for entry or mid-management level jobs.
- Agree or not it saves the students’ times as a standard duration for an MBA in the UK is just 1 year only.
- Students who have decided to pursue an MBA in the UK without work experience right after their undergraduate enables a better understanding of business activities for students who are going to join a family business or going to start up their venture.
- Sometimes it has been seen that students’ inclination and interest to study again may decline when you have begun working. In this way, the entire experience of studying abroad and gaining knowledge at the Masters level is also lost.
MBA in UK Without Work Experience Universities
Here is a list of all the universities that are providing MBA in UK without work experience:
- Coventry University
- Leeds Beckett University
- University of Northampton
- University of East London
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bedfordshire University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of Derby
- Staffordshire University
- University of South Wales
- University of Greenwich
- University of West London
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Teesside
- York St John University
- Swansea University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Glyndwr University
- University of Sunderland
Duration of MBA in UK Without Work Experience
So here is a long list of universities that are offering MBA in UK without work experience. So let’s have a look below at their city locations, QS Rankings, and duration of the program:
|Universities offering MBA in UK without work experience||QS World University Rankings 2022||Duration of MBA program (average)|
|Coventry University||601-650||1 year|
|Leeds Beckett University||1001-1200||12-18 months|
|University of Northampton||1001-1200||1 year|
|Anglia Ruskin University||–||20 months|
|University of East London||801-1000||1-2 years|
|Bedfordshire University||–||15 months|
|Cardiff Metropolitan University||–||12-16 months|
|University of Derby||1001-1200||1 year|
|Staffordshire University||–||13 months|
|University of Greenwich||751-800||2 years|
|University of South Wales||–||1-2 years|
|University of West London||–||15 months|
|University of Central Lancashire||801-1000||2 years|
|University of Teesside||–||1 year|
|York St John University||–||1 year|
|Swansea University||=440||12 months|
|Liverpool John Moores University||801-1000||1-2 years|
|Glyndwr University||–||12 months|
|University of Sunderland||–||12 months|
Also Read: Cost of Studying in UK for Indian Students
MBA in UK Without Work Experience Eligibility
- For Indian students, a bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognised university is a major requirement.
- Along with that, an English language certification score is also mandatory for admission. Also, universities that offer MBA in UK without work experience prefer an overall score of 6.5 on the IELTS.
- Some universities also accept and ask for GMAT and GRE scores as well.
Top Specializations for MBA in UK
Many students who are pursuing an MBA in UK without work experience tend to pursue the General MBA. The benefit is that you are open to all aspects of the business. You cannot be certain about the speciality field you want to grow your career in if you have little to no work experience. Having said, different universities in the UK offer different specialization. Here is a list of some common specializations in MBA that universities have to offer to international students who are not having any work experience.
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Operations
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in HR
- MBA in Strategy
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA Healthcare Management
How to Apply For MBA in UK?
To apply for admission to a UK MBA program, students must send the following documents to the respective university(ies):
- Completed application form
- Statement of Purpose or SOP
- Minimum 2 complete English essays for MBA
- Recommendation letters or LORs from school and/or college
- Complete professional resume or CV
- Internship letters (if any)
- At least 2 Passport-sized photographs
- All the past educational transcripts/mark sheet proof
MBA in UK Without GMAT [BONUS]
As in many other countries of the world, GMAT scores play a critical role in the UK admission process too. Roughly 75%-80% of MBA candidates dedicate the greatest effort to getting excellent GMAT scores to help them crack hard processes of admission. This being said, it is also feasible to find an MBA in the UK without GMAT. Many UK colleges do not need a GMAT score for their MBA programs. There are various universities that have GMAT waivers for MBA courses and if you don’t have GMAT scores, you can apply to such universities and their programs. Here are the top GMAT waiver universities in the UK:
- University of Reading
- Middlesex University
- Lancaster University Management School
- Durham University Business School
- Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University
- Warwick School of Business, University of Warwick
- University of Central Lancashire
- Birmingham City Business School
- HULT International Business School
- University of Edinburgh
Although work experience helps you get into a top MBA program, it is not needed. However, there are some good universities that deliver MBA programs to people who have no prior job experience.
Work experience is needed for admission to the most prestigious universities in the United Kingdom. Most UK universities, in reality, require a minimum of two or three years of work experience. It is easier for a student to grasp the lessons taught in an MBA class if he or she has prior job experience.
A minimum of three years of full-time work experience is required.
A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
Scores of the GMAT or GRE.
A minimum IELTS score of 6.0-6.5 is needed.
There isn’t much variation when it comes to the perfect age to enrol in a top-ranked MBA program. The average age of the top 25 MBAs in the UK is exactly 28 years old.
Selection of specialization and a university is an extremely demanding task. We understand that matters regarding education can seem extremely confusing. We do not want you to feel confused or hold onto doubts at any point during this process, that is why the counsellors and mentors at Leverage Edu are present at all hours. So nothing can come between you and your dreams and you can go out there and be a global leader.