Students are often confused about the study abroad options that they can explore after taking a particular stream in class 12th. Commerce is a popular choice among Indian students as this opens up opportunities in fields like Accounting, Finance, Business, Management, and Economics. There are several prestigious universities abroad that provide quality education in various disciplines at affordable prices. With the rise in the availability of various scholarships, students looking for options to study abroad after 12th commerce now have numerous courses to choose from.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Abroad After 12th Commerce?
- Best Courses to Study Abroad after 12th Commerce
- Top Countries to Study Abroad After 12th Commerce
- Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Abroad after 12th Commerce
- Cost of Studying Abroad After 12th Commerce
- Requirements for Studying Abroad After 12th Commerce
- Exams to Study Abroad After 12th Commerce
Why Study Abroad After 12th Commerce?
After 12th grade, studying abroad offers several advantages for one’s future job and way of life. Among the advantages are:
- After completing 12th-grade commerce, students can enrol in courses with a curriculum that is focused on the workplace. It is founded on real-world experiences and cutting-edge technology.
- After completing their 12th year of commerce, recent graduates with international coursework have a wealth of well-paying job prospects. Foreign graduates should anticipate quick promotions and more global job choices.
- The educational systems of nations like the UK, the USA, and France are well-known. You will gain a lot by pursuing your studies in one of these study-abroad locations, including enhanced skill development and contact with the top authorities in your field of commerce, among other advantages.
- After completing their 12th year of business, Indian students can apply for a variety of scholarships that make studying abroad more cheap and profitable.
- Depending on where you want to pursue your education after finishing your 12th year of commerce, you have a variety of options. Apart from a bachelor’s degree, integrated courses, diplomas, and certificates can be pursued.
Best Courses to Study Abroad after 12th Commerce
Finding the right subject to study abroad after the 12th for your bachelor’s degree is very imperative. Here are the best specialisations to study abroad after the 12th:
- Finance and Accounting
- Business Administration and Management Sciences
- Computer Applications
- English Literature
- Linguistics, Arts and Design
Top Countries to Study Abroad After 12th Commerce
If you’re looking for options to study abroad after 12th commerce here are a few countries offering quality education in different fields helping you make an excellent Career in Commerce. You can also check out the latest updates on immigration and admissions in each country through our blog on Best Countries to Study Amidst Covid-19:
Australia has emerged as the third most desired study-abroad destination. Besides that, the cultural diversity and the standard of living that it offers attract students the most. Australian universities are globally recognized. One of the most interesting features is that students can take part-time job opportunities which could help them meet their living costs. Students looking for options to study abroad after 12th commerce can consider Study in Australia as a great career option. Here is a list of top universities in Australia offering a variety of subjects in the commerce field:
Canada is one of the safest countries in the world. With a low crime rate, Indian students pursuing higher education in Canada can study and live without any fear. Students pursuing an education in Canadian universities can witness the lifestyle of Canada and its diversity. The universities are known for having an emphasis on research, students can get a chance to engage in projects and experiments which can give them the exposure they need. Students looking for options to study abroad after 12th commerce can consider Canada for a bright future. Here is a list of some reputed colleges in Canada offering a variety of subjects in the commerce field:
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of Alberta
- The University of British Columbia
- Western University
- Queens University
- University of Waterloo
Here is your exclusive guide on Bachelors in Canada!
The most interesting feature of studying in Germany is that there are no tuition fees at public universities. International students looking for suitable options to study abroad after 12th commerce can consider Germany for quality education at affordable costs. There are numerous opportunities for students graduating from German universities. Here is a list of some reputed colleges/universities offering a variety of subjects in the commerce field:
- Berlin School of Business and Innovation
- GISMA Business School
- Frankfurt University
- Dortmund University
- Dresden Technical University
- Fachhochschule Fulda
Also Read: Career Options in Commerce Without Maths
UK is one of the most popular destinations for international students to pursue their higher education. After the US, the UK has the highest number of top-ranked universities. The UK has a multicultural society with a rich culture and tradition which attracts students from across the globe. Here is a list of colleges/universities in UK offering a variety of subjects in the commerce field for candidates looking forward to Study in the UK:
- University of Oxford
- Imperial College London
- Lancaster University Management School
- Cranfield School of Management
- University of Warwick – Warwick Business School
- London Business School
- The University of Manchester
- University of Edinburgh Business School
Also Read: Study in UK for Indian Students after 12th
When it comes to affordable study-abroad destinations, one cannot miss the option to study in Singapore. Education facilities in the country not only provide great exposure to candidates but also excellent job opportunities later. The country has 4 national languages, one of them being English, making it a popular choice for candidates not willing to learn an additional language for study abroad purposes. Given below is the list of popular universities which can help you study in Singapore after class 12th:
- INSEAD Singapore
- James Cook University Singapore
- Singapore University Of Technology And Design
- Singapore University Of Social Sciences
- Management Development Institute Of Singapore
- National University Of Singapore
- Singapore Management University
Apart from the above-listed options to study abroad after 12th commerce. If you also want to know about masters in Singapore, read our blogs on a study in Singapore without IELTS, Singapore student VISA, Colleges in Singapore and MBA in Singapore.
Another popular option for outbound students looking for opportunities to study abroad after 12th commerce for higher education in New Zealand. The country provides a one-year VISA extension to secure a job after completing graduation. The flexible policies of the country make study in New Zealand a perfect option for those who are looking out for excellent ROIs. Here are the top universities in New Zealand that can lift your career:
- University Of Auckland
- Victoria University Of Wellington
- University Of Canterbury
- University Of Otago
- Massey University
- University Of Waikato
- Lincoln University
Explore Intakes in New Zealand!
The reason why Study in USA is a popular choice among students wishing to pursue an education abroad is the fact that it has the highest number of top-ranked universities, its diverse ethnicity and the endless career opportunities available there. A degree from a reputed college in the USA can automatically take your career to new heights. Here is a list of top universities in USA offering quality education in various commerce fields:
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- University of California
- Yale University
- University of Pennsylvania
- The University of Chicago
- New York University
Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Abroad after 12th Commerce
There are numerous scholarships for Indian students to study abroad after 12th across the globe. Here is a list of top scholarships after 12th to study abroad:
- Inlaks Scholarships– North America or Europe
- TATA Scholarships– Cornell University, USA
- Lester B.Pearson International Scholarships- University of Toronto
- Wilfrid Laurier University Merit Scholarships- Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada
- Monash International Merit Scholarships- Monash University, Australia
- India Global Leaders Scholarships- University of Queensland, Australia
- University of New South Wales Future of Change India Scholarship – UNSW, Australia
- Orange Tulip Scholarship– Netherlands
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship– UK Universities
- Saltire Scholarships– Scotland Universities
- UWE International Scholarships- Bristol University
- Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund- Business Degree at a US University
Cost of Studying Abroad After 12th Commerce
The overall cost of studying might vary from country to country. The total money spent would also differ depending on the course duration. On average studying abroad after the 12th can cost you 15 to 30 lakhs. Universities abroad have excellent scholarship plans for international meritorious students to ease the burden of expenses. Australia, New Zealand, Germany and Singapore have become new educational hubs for Indian outbound students due to the affordability of education. To find a country that fits your budget contact Leverage Edu. You can also check out our Cost of Living Calculator for your chosen country to study abroad after the 12th!
Requirements for Studying Abroad After 12th Commerce
- Academic Transcripts: Students must have earned good grades in the targeted subject in their 12th-grade year at an accredited institution.
- Age: Students must be 18 years old to apply for courses to study abroad after completing their 12th year of commerce.
- Student Visa: To study and reside in the nation, a student visa is necessary.
- Proof of Finances: The student should have enough money saved up to cover both living costs and tuition for the course of the studies. Evidence must be presented, such as bank statements or scholarship information.
- Valid Passport: After the 12th grade, studying abroad requires a passport.
- Exams Scorecard: In addition to subject-specific exams like the SAT, GRE, and GMAT, candidates must take English proficiency exams like the IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL. If there is an entrance exam for the university, you should take it.
Exams to Study Abroad After 12th Commerce
The eligibility criteria to study abroad after class 12th commerce varies as per the country and university one picked. Here are the major exams to study abroad after 12th Commerce:
- Language Proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
- SAT or ACT scores for universities in USA and Canada
Check Out the Cheapest Study Abroad Programs!
The requirements for studying abroad after completing a 12th-grade commerce course vary depending on the nation and institution one chooses. Following the 12th grade in commerce, the following key tests must be passed: Language proficiency exams such as the PTE, TOEFL, and IELTS. SAT or ACT results for Canadian and American universities.
The highest pay in business is available as an investment banker. The responsibility of an investment banker is to offer suggestions and counsel to a range of businesses and organisations so that they can make the most use of their resources and meet their financial objectives.
BCom graduates with less two years of experience can find lucrative foreign employment opportunities. According to the report, BCom graduates with under two years of experience are most sought after, accounting for 58% of job ads for employment abroad.
Here is a list of well-known courses you can take abroad following your 12th grade:
Bachelor of Business Studies.
BCom Applied Economics.
BCom Tourism & Travel Management.
Most students are unable to make up their minds regarding the country they should choose because that decision is based on various other factors. If you wish to discuss your opportunities with someone who has the required knowledge to help you make an informed decision, you can contact the experts at Leverage Edu.