After completing graduation, pursuing an MBA is a step forward in building a strong career in the field of Business and Management. This professional degree course is an excellent choice for those who not only want to specialize in specific fields but also wish to acquire skills to become successful managers. Apart from offering lucrative career opportunities, an MBA degree helps students to switch careers and offers a great platform to build professional networks. The scope of MBA is not just restricted to one country. You can study this course in cities across the globe. Apart from the US, Canada, UK, and New Zealand, Singapore is also a popular destination to study a Masters in Business Administration. Thus, in this blog, we will In focus on various aspects of pursuing an MBA in Singapore.
Why Pursue an MBA in Singapore?
Singapore is considered as a global business center with infrastructure at par with major cities like London, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. The MBA institutes in the Asian country not only provide students with a multicultural environment but also offer world-class education, and research opportunities. Given below are some of the other reasons to pursue an MBA in Singapore:
- The business schools like NUS, Nanyang, and INSEAD have etched their names in the Top 100 MBA schools listed in the QS Global 2019 Rankings.
- With a range of grants, scholarships, and fellowship awarded to international students, an MBA in Singapore is an option worth considering. However, the international students who are granted scholarships and awards have to sign a 3-year working bond after their graduation.
- Further, these world-renowned schools offer a multitude of specialization courses in areas like Real Estate, Marketing, Strategy and Operations, and Finance.
- Another reason for pursuing an MBA in Singapore is that the educational institutes have partnerships with many international universities that provide students with a platform to attend exchange programs and build a strong professional network.
- Due to excellent business-related laws and policies, Singapore has become a home to numerous multinational corporations, some of which have their regional headquarters in the country itself. This was also visible in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business report where Singapore was ranked 2nd overall.
- Last but not least, graduates of an MBA in Singapore have high employability rates because of the country’s competitive economic state.
MBA in Singapore: Top Universities
Even though many universities offer a wide range of business and management courses at the postgraduation level, an MBA in Singapore is considered as a prestigious degree. Here is a list of some of the famous business schools of Singapore:
- INSEAD, Singapore: It is one of the largest business schools in both Singapore and the world. Ranked at 6th position in the QS World Univerity list, the institute has campuses in France, Abu Dhabi, and Singapore. INSEAD also has an association with the Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania.
- Nanyang Business School: Established in the year 1956, the Business Administration program of this institute is one of the most reputed MBA in Singapore. Nanyang School holds 51st position in the Global QS World University rankings and its management courses have been accredited by EQUIS and AACSB.
- National University of Singapore: This institute is arguably one of the best universities in Singapore whose degree programs are accredited by AACSB and EQUIS. The institute also has partnerships with Duke Fuqua, Columbia Business School, and Copenhagen Business School thus providing students with a platform to study abroad and gain experience.
Apart from the abovementioned universities, there are some other institutes offering an MBA in Singapore. Some of which are mentioned below:
Thus, pursuing an MBA in Singapore can open doors to an array of career opportunities. If you want to study in Singapore but are not sure about how to get started with the admission process then the experts at Leverage Edu will not only assist you in completing the admission-related formalities but will also help you in creating an impressive Statement of Purpose.