After completing graduation, pursuing an MBA is a step forward in building a strong career in the field of Business and Management. This professional degree course is an excellent choice for those who not only want to specialize in specific fields but also wish to acquire skills to become successful managers. Apart from offering lucrative career opportunities, an MBA degree helps students to switch careers and offers a great platform to build professional networks. The scope of an MBA is not just restricted to one country. You can study this course in cities across the globe. Apart from the US, Canada, UK, and New Zealand, Singapore is also a popular destination to study for a Masters’s in Business Administration. Thus, in this blog, we will In focus on various aspects of pursuing an MBA in Singapore.
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue an MBA in Singapore?
Singapore is considered a global business center with infrastructure at par with major cities like London, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. The MBA institutes in the Asian country not only provide students with a multicultural environment but also offer world-class education, and research opportunities. Given below are some of the other reasons to pursue an MBA in Singapore:
- The business schools like NUS, Nanyang, and INSEAD have etched their names in the Top 100 MBA schools listed in the QS Global 2019 Rankings.
- With a range of grants, scholarships, and fellowship awarded to international students, an MBA in Singapore is an option worth considering. However, the international students who are granted scholarships and awards have to sign a 3-year working bond after their graduation.
- Further, these world-renowned schools offer a multitude of specialization courses in areas like Real Estate, Marketing, Strategy and Operations, and Finance.
- Another reason for pursuing an MBA in Singapore is that the educational institutes have partnerships with many international universities that provide students with a platform to attend exchange programs and build a strong professional network.
- Due to excellent business-related laws and policies, Singapore has become a home to numerous multinational corporations, some of which have their regional headquarters in the country itself. This was also visible in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business report where Singapore was ranked 2nd overall.
- Last but not least, graduates of an MBA in Singapore have high employability rates because of the country’s competitive economic state.
Top MBA Colleges in Singapore
Even though many universities offer a wide range of business and management courses at the postgraduation level, an MBA in Singapore is considered a prestigious degree. Here is a list of some of the famous business schools of Singapore:
- INSEAD, Singapore
- Nanyang Business School
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Management University
- James Cook University
- ESSEC Business School
- PSB Academy
- INSEAD, Singapore: It is one of the largest business schools in both Singapore and the world. Ranked at 6th position in the QS World Univerity list, the institute has campuses in France, Abu Dhabi, and Singapore. INSEAD also has an association with the Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania.
- Nanyang Business School: Established in the year 1956, the Business Administration program of this institute is one of the most reputed MBA in Singapore. Nanyang School holds 12th position in the Global QS World University rankings and its management courses have been accredited by EQUIS and AACSB.
- National University of Singapore: This institute is arguably one of the best universities in Singapore whose degree programs are accredited by AACSB and EQUIS. The institute also has partnerships with Duke Fuqua, Columbia Business School, and Copenhagen Business School thus providing students with a platform to study abroad and gain experience. It is ranked 11 in QS Global World Rankings 2022.
Cost of Studying and Living in Singapore
|MBA program||[INR 11,02,531- 66,15,189] 15,000 USD to 90,000|
|On-Campus Accommodation||[INR 701815.28- 301561.25] S$2,800- S$5,500|
|Off-Campus Accommodation||S$ $ 1,100 – 3,300 [INR 60,000- 1,80,000]|
|Meals||S$2,600 [INR 142556.23]|
|Personal Expenses||S$2,600 [INR 120624.50]|
|Transportation within Singapore||S$800 [INR 43863.46]|
|Average Cost of Books /Supplies||S$400 [INR 21931.73]|
Also Read: Accommodation in Singapore
To pursue courses in universities and colleges in Singapore, a candidate has to fulfill basic eligibility requirements. Listed below are the major prerequisites required by the universities in Singapore for MBA programs:
- The applicant must have a strong academic record in any undergraduate field from a recognized university or institution.
- If the medium of instruction during undergraduate studies was not English), the a valid English language proficiency test scores like that of IELTS/PTE/TOEFL must be submitted (IELTS score must be 6.5 and TOEFL must be 100)
- GMAT/GRE is the exam the candidate has to undertake to study management courses from Singapore universities.
- The candidate must possess 3-4 years of work experience before applying for studying MBA in Singapore.
Documents Needed for MBA Colleges in Singapore
- A valid passport
- Complete application form with passport size photos
- Loan documents
- Financial documents
- Original and authentic transcripts of schools and/or college
- Statement of Purpose/ Essays as directed by the university
- Letters of Recommendation and Resume
- Scholarship Essay, if applicable
MBA Specializations to Study in Singapore
- Healthcare Management
- Analytics and Operations
- Digital Business
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Strategy and Organisation
- Real Estate
- Strategy and Management
- Luxury Brand Management
- Strategy and Leadership
Scholarships for MBA
- NUS Fully Funded MBA Scholarship
- Nanyang Women In Business Scholarship
- Nanyang Emerging Market Leader Scholarship
- BrokerFish International Student Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
- The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program
- Commonwealth Scholarship at the National University of Singapore (NUS)
- INSEAD-Syngenta MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Leaders
- Singapore International Graduate Award
Career Scope in MBA
An MBA in Singapore is the gateway to various job opportunities and offers a great ROI for students who wish to work in Singapore can earn up to INR 30,00,000- 53, 00, 000.
Top Companies for MBA Graduates
- McKinsey & Company
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Cheif Executive Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- Sales Analyst
- Finance Expert
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager
- Hospitality Manager
- Supply Chain Management
- Operation Expert
Over 80,000 international students, including MBA aspirants from nearly 120 countries, study in Singapore, creating a truly diverse experience. Due to its safe atmosphere, affordability, and great education, Singapore has been named one of the Best Student Cities.
A high GMAT score is required for the National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), and Singapore Management University. It is recommend that the GMAT score should be of at least 650. In Singapore, most business schools use the score as a primary criterion for selecting new students.
Thus, pursuing an MBA in Singapore can open doors to an array of career opportunities. If you want to study in Singapore but are not sure about how to get started with the admission process then the experts at Leverage Edu will not only assist you in completing the admission-related formalities but will also help you in creating an impressive Statement of Purpose.