With a reputation for being one of the best schools in the world, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) aims to make a better world through innovation, research and education. Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a private institution that was founded in 1861 in the USA. Its setting is urban, and the campus size is 168 acres. MIT utilizes a 4-1-4-based academic calendar. This private research university in Cambridge welcomes talented people regardless of where they come from. Graduates from MIT have invented fundamental technologies, launched unique businesses and created millions of jobs in the USA. MIT’s tuition fee is $55,878. The median starting salary after graduating from MIT is $ 82,700. In this blog, we’ll break down exactly how to get into MIT, with tips and tricks to make your application stand out.
This Blog Includes:
- Overview Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ranking Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Eligibility Criteria on How to Get into MIT
- GPA Requirement to get into MIT
- SAT Requirement to get into MIT
- ACT Requirement to get into MIT
- Power Application Essay and Other Tips
- What traits does MIT expect from applicant
Overview Massachusetts Institute of Technology
In order to set an excellent educational record and wonderful future, MIT chooses its best student on the campus. The university strives for commitment and intensive competition. Their application acceptance is 6.7% which means for every 100 applicants, only 7 gets selected. Applicant essay, educational records, test scores SAT, ACT, LOR and SOP has to be vibrant.
The institute is dedicated to providing its students with an education that combines meticulous academic study with a diverse campus community. Moreover, its low student-to-faculty ratio promotes intensive teaching. There are over 1,000 faculty including advisors, coaches, mentors, committee members and heads of houses who are pioneers in different fields. Student Faculty ratio is 3:1 at MIT. Application fee at Massachusetts Institute of Technology is $75.
Ranking Massachusetts Institute of Technology
|QS World University Ranking
|QS World University Ranking
|US News and World Report National Ranking
|Times Higher Education World University Ranking
Being an integral part of Cambridge, MIT has a vibrant community known for its history, intellectual life and amazing innovation climate. With its campus housing between Kendall and Central Squares and across the Charles River, the university is positioned in a way to effectively contribute to its community.
Eligibility Criteria on How to Get into MIT
Getting into best schools in the world is extremely intense as well as rewarding for an Indian applicant as you get an opportunity to rub shoulders with profoundly talented students in the world. Below are some of the most important requirements that you need to fulfil in order to get into MIT:
- It is essential that MIT students have performed well in exams like ACT, SAT or TOEFL.
- Fresh applicants also have to submit two SAT II subject tests (for Mathematics and Science).
- All students have to submit 5 short essay questions and 2 LORs as part of their application process.
- Also, there are no specific coursework required for MIT aspirants.
- There are certain majors wherein, applicants are required to submit work portfolios as well.
GPA Requirement to get into MIT
The average GPA requirement for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is 4.17. Applicant should have an A grade score in academics.
SAT Requirement to get into MIT
The average SAT ( Scholastic Assessment Test) score should be 1535 out of 1600 SAT scale to get into MIT.
ACT Requirement to get into MIT
The average ACT (American College Testing) score requirement should be 35 out of 36 to get into MIT. ACT score requirement makes MIT highly competitive.
Power Application Essay and Other Tips
In order to know how to get into MIT, you should understand that your application needs to stand out amongst the pool of candidates. To achieve this, your application essays should impress your mentors at the end. This tests your grammar, sentence construction and punctuation. Moreover, your writing must possess the quality of brevity, cohesiveness and lucidity. Your essay should describe all your relevant skills and interests.
MIT places a greater value on enrolling students with quirks and unique passion, not just good test scores. Thus, you can follow the below-mentioned tips to easily grab a seat in MIT:
- You can talk about your award-winning competitions.
- As a state or national winner, your chances of impressing the MIT team increases.
- Your previous achievement can help you present your positive attitude to the campus.
- Good relations with your teachers can help you get strong and compelling recommendations.
- Your social activism should be your passion, it will leave an indelible impression on the MIT team. If you are selected, keep the same activism vibrant in the campus as well.
What traits does MIT expect from applicant
MIT admissions officials use a holistic process during student application evaluation. Applicants grades and test scores are highly important, but they are not definitive as far as they deserve to get accepted to MIT. MIT looks into below mentioned traits while taking the final call for students’ admission.
- Innovative Mindset
- Risk Taking Ability
- Take Ownership
- Team Player
- Problem-Solving Approach
Q. Why interview is equally important part of the admission process at MIT?
Personal interviews are an important part of the admission process. It is to assess the applicant’s aspirations, passions and goals which are directly or indirectly related to the virtue or traits they are holding with them. Interviews usually last for 30 minutes to 100 minutes.
Q. Name the six schools or departments functions at MIT?
The six schools and departments functions at MIT are the following:
- School of Architecture and Planning
- School of Engineering
- School of Humanities , Arts and Social Sciences
- Sloan School of Management
- School of Science
- MIT Schwarzman College of Computing
Q. What are the recommended English Language Proficiency score requires to get into MIT?
The recommended English Language Proficiency score requires to get into MIT is mentioned below.
|English Language Proficiency Test Name
|Duolingo English Test (DET)
If you want to get into a high-ranked university like MIT University, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu before opportunities takes off. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.