With a reputation of being one of the best schools in the world, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) aims to make a better world through innovation, research and education. This private research university in Cambridge welcomes talented people regardless of where they come from. Graduates from MIT have invented fundamental technologies, launched unique businesses and created millions of jobs in the USA. In this blog, we’ll break down exactly how to get into MIT, with tips and tricks to make your application stand out.
Life at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
In order to set an excellent educational record and wonderful future, MIT chooses its best student on the campus. The university strives for commitment and intensive competition. Their application acceptance is 6.7% which means for every 100 applicants, only 7 gets selected. Your essay, educational records, test scores and LOR has to be vibrant.
The institute is dedicated to providing its students with an education that combines meticulous academic study with a diverse campus community. Moreover, its low student-to-faculty ratio promotes intensive teaching. There are over 1,000 faculty including advisors, coaches, mentors, committee members and heads of houses who are pioneers in different fields.
Being an integral part of Cambridge, MIT has a vibrant community known for its history, intellectual life and amazing innovation climate. With its campus housing between Kendall and Central Squares and across the Charles River, the university is positioned in a way to effectively contribute to its community.
Eligibility Criteria on How to Get into MIT
Getting into best schools in the world is extremely intense as well as rewarding for an Indian applicant as you get an opportunity to rub shoulders with profoundly talented students in the world. Below are some of the most important requirements that you need to fulfil in order to get into MIT:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- It is essential that MIT students have performed well in exams like ACT, SAT or TOEFL.
- Fresh applicants also have to submit two SAT II subject tests (for Mathematics and Science).
- All students have to submit 5 short essay questions and 2 LORs as part of their application process.
- Also, there are no specific coursework required for MIT aspirants.
- There are certain majors wherein, applicants are required to submit work portfolios as well.
Power Application Essay and Other Tips
In order to know how to get into MIT, you should understand that your application needs to stand out amongst the pool of candidates. To achieve this, your application essays should impress your mentors at the end. This tests your grammar, sentence construction and punctuation. Moreover, your writing must possess the quality of brevity, cohesiveness and lucidity. Your essay should describe all your relevant skills and interests.
MIT places a greater value on enrolling students with quirks and unique passion, not just good test scores. Thus, you can follow the below-mentioned tips to easily grab a seat in MIT:
- You can talk about your award-winning competitions.
- As a state or national winner, your chances of impressing the MIT team increases.
- Your previous achievement can help you present your positive attitude to the campus.
- Good relations with your teachers can help you get strong and compelling recommendations.
- Your social activism should be your passion, it will leave an indelible impression on the MIT team. If you are selected, keep the same activism vibrant in the campus as well.
Planning to start your MIT application? Last call for getting into the top American institute for the upcoming intake, the January deadlines are here. Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu before opportunities takes off. We can help you come up with a powerful application and prepare your mindset vibrantly.