When you think of studying in Europe, the first thing that comes to your mind is the immense global exposure, and academic and research opportunities you can avail yourself. Home to a mesmerizing blend of old-world charm and ultra-modern metropolises, Europe has fascinating study destinations on offer for international students! When it comes to exploring the affordable countries to study in Europe, the Netherlands comes at the top of the list. Also referred to as Holland, the country is home to globally acclaimed universities providing cost-effective academic programs across varied disciplines. Amongst the long list of scholarships offered by the country to international students, the Orange Tulip Scholarship was launched in 2008 by the prestigious Universities of the Netherlands along with the Dutch government. This blog has collated all the comprehensive details of the Orange Tulip Scholarship for Indian students, including eligibility requirements, applications for 2022-23 and much more.
This Blog Includes:
|Organization||Nuffic Neso Organisation|
|Offered by||Government Bodies|
|Application Deadline||April 1, 2023|
|No. of Scholarships||NA|
|Renewability||One Time Payment|
|International Students Eligibility||Yes|
What is the Orange Tulip Scholarship?
The Orange Tulip Scholarship provides much-needed financial assistance to meritorious students of several Neso (Netherlands Educational Support Offices) countries to pursue their higher education in the Netherlands. It is one of the top scholarships for international students planning to study in the Netherlands and is designed by Nuffic’s Netherlands Educational Support Offices (Neso) across the world representing the higher education academic institutions of the Netherlands. Its aim is to nurture international talent by offering them immense academic opportunities. Neso has its offices spread across a total of 10 countries, namely India, Brazil, China, Indonesia, Russia, Mexico, Vietnam, Korea, South Africa, Vietnam and Turkey. Nuffic Neso offers Orange Tulip Scholarships in these 10 countries to selected students who fulfil the requisites and aim to pursue higher education in the Netherlands. The Scholarship amount is variable ranging from 25% up to 100% in tuition fees depending upon the sponsor and some offer living costs and visa fee waivers too.
Note: The application deadline for the Orange Tulip Scholarship 2023 will be in June 2023 and for the year 2023, the application dates are yet to be released.
Take a look at the major eligibility requirements specified by the Nuffic Neso for Orange Tulip Scholarships for Indian students:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate should not be already studying or working in the Netherlands at the time of the application.
- The applicant should have been already admitted or undergoing the admission process of a university in the Netherlands affiliated with the Orange Tulip Scholarship.
Also Read: Orange Tulip Scholarship
Here is the application process you need to follow to register for Orange Tulip Scholarship while applying for a university in the Netherlands:
- Select the program and university you want to apply to study in the Netherlands and further verify if they come under the Orange Tulip Scholarship scheme.
- Examine all the requirements (specified for your chosen program) and then apply for the scholarship procedure and begin the registration process early while applying for your chosen university or course.
- You will get a confirmation email from the university after completing the application for your chosen course.
- Go to the official website of OTS India and download the Orange Tulip Scholarship registration form.
- Fill out the required section and submit the documents required (check the next section) along with your confirmation letter from the university.
The documents required to apply for the Orange Tulip Scholarship mainly vary from university to university. You can click on the university name on the Orange Tulip Scholarship website to check the document checklist required by your chosen academic institution. For documents to be sent to Neso, see the section “Required Documents” on the page. Generally, you have to register early so that the new university can also get the time to verify with the Nuffic Neso office. Neso does not provide a university enrollment process but the process is carried out by independent candidates.
While submitting the application for the Orange Tulip Scholarship, you will have to provide the softcopies of all the documents in the following format:
- Files should be submitted in Word or PDF form.
- Each file should be given a defined name in English: [document name] – [applicant’s name]. Example: IELTS score sheet – Virat Kumar
- The total attachment’s size limit is up to a maximum of 20MB.
- The file be sent via email to ots@nesoindia with the subject email: OTS 2022 -2023 Application – [scheme] – [your name]. Example: OTS 2022-2023 Application – Radboud University- Virat Kumar
Things to Keep in Mind
To help you ensure all the aspects of your application, here are some important things to keep in mind while applying for the Orange Tulip Scholarship.
- Each scheme or course or institution has its own set of requirements in terms of documentation.
- Read the description for each scheme provided for each programme for each institute on the official website of the particular institute also.
- In addition to the OTS registration form, finish your file with other requested documents (these will be different for each institute), available on the OTS per university page of the “required documents” section.
- The Dutch university you are applying for will also need some additional documents for which you can check the respective university website.
- Incomplete files missing any of the important documents will not be processed.
- The submitted files should be complete and as per the format mentioned above.
- A confirmation email will take time ranging from 1-2 weeks after your submission of the application form.
- If you are unable to get a confirmation letter due to delivery problems make sure to contact at email@example.com or contact the office phone number directly.
Also Read: List of MBA Scholarships in the Netherlands
Selection Process of Orange Tulip Scholarship
Let’s understand the selection process of the Orange Tulip Scholarship for screening the best candidates for the award:
1. Neso India’s Pre-selection Round
Neso India will be carrying out the pre-selection process based on the standard terms and specific qualifications set by the Orange Tulip Scholarship sponsor. The files are checked for authenticity and then processed further.
2. Review and Selection by the Sponsor for the Orange Tulip Scholarship
Each Orange Tulip Scholarship sponsor (can be a university, company or government) will review the screened applications.
3. Announcement of the Awardees of the Orange Tulip Scholarship
Students will be contacted directly by the sponsors or they will be informed about their selection by Neso India which is also sent by the sponsors. The universities will then send an offer letter to students (pre-informing Neso India) who passed the 1st round of sponsorship selection. The letter of the award must be signed and returned to Neso India if the nominee accepts the scholarship offer. Neso India will then send the signed offer letter to the sponsor. Then the rest of the documentation like the arrangement of the scholarships and invoice etc is done by the sponsor and the student.
A waiting list with many registered students who have not been successful in the 1st round of sponsor selection will be released and such applicants will receive a notification email from Neso India or the Sponsor University. The next step (e.g. scholarship agreement, scholarship invoice, etc.) will be done between the direct sponsor and the recipient of the course.
Orange Tulip Scholarship covers the full tuition fees of the MBA program chosen by the awardee. Although, the additional living expenses of the student are not covered under the scholarship.
In order to apply for the scholarship the applicant should be below 20 yrs of age. The annual family income of the student should not be more than INR 3,40,000. The candidate should have scored a minimum of 70% marks in the 10th and 12th standards.
The Orange Tulip Scholarship gives hard-working and academically excellent students in India a fee waiver if they plan to study in one of the universities of the Netherlands.
Hence, we hope that this blog has cleared all your doubts regarding the Orange Tulip Scholarship. Planning to study abroad? We at Leverage Edu are all about helping students to realise this dream which can open the door to many career opportunities. To get assistance in your application process, just register on our website or call us at 1800-572-000.