A lot of commerce students face the question of whether to pursue a BBA degree or a BCom degree. When facing a dilemma between BBA vs BCom it becomes crucial to understand every aspect of either of the two courses so that you can make a well-informed decision about the career path you wish to follow. Here is all the information that you will need when attempting to answer the question between pursuing a BBA or BCom degree.
This Blog Includes:
- BBA vs BCom
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- BBA vs BCom: Top Reasons to Pursue
- Subject Analysis
- BBA vs BCom: Prospects for Higher Studies
- BBA vs BCom: Job Prospects
- How to Choose Between BBA vs BCom?
- Top Universities
BBA vs BCom
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Business Administration is an undergraduate degree in commerce and business administration which allows a student to derive fundamental knowledge of the core concept of business and its applications in the physical world. BBA is known to be a cornerstone for MBA aspirants. Further, apart from general BBA degree program, there are a plethora of specializations offered such as:
- BBA in Marketing – Global Marketing Management
- BBA in Finance
- BBA in Marketing Management
- BBA Logistics
- BBA (Honors) in Hospitality Management
- BBA in International Business Management
- BBA in Entrepreneurship
- BBA in Travel and Tourism
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate degree housing all the domains of commerce and related subjects like finance, accounting, economics, taxation, and insurance, designed to intensify the communication, analytical and problem-solving skills of commerce students. BCom is also offered as a specialised program like BCom Accounting and Finance, BCom Marketing Management, BCom Finance, etc.
BBA vs BCom: Top Reasons to Pursue
Both BBA vs BCom are different in terms of their course offerings though the career opportunities available for graduates of these degrees are quite similar. Check out the top reasons for pursuing BBA and BCom:
- Students enjoy fantastic job opportunities in leading corporations.
- Skills polished in business are functional in all career fields.
- Students are marked as the foundations for a master’s degree in business administration.
- A detailed study in accounting paves the way to work in major accounting firms.
- BBA is considered to be the centre for entrepreneurship allowing students to build their ideas and transform them into bigger plans.
- Best for students who are interested in learning about finance.
- Creating a strong base for commerce-related professional courses like M.Com, MBA, CS, CA, CMA, CFA, and allied domains.
- This is more diversified with a broader scope for specialization in the field of commerce with greater career advancement.
- Due to the higher magnitude of opportunities, a graduate in BCom can earn a lucrative salary package in leading organisations of the world.
While understanding the course as a whole, it is essential to get a brief look at the list of subjects covered in that course. Getting a cursory look at the syllabus ensures that we are well informed about the course we are undertaking.
Subjects Typically Covered in BBA
|Statistics for Business Decisions||Management Accounting|
|Healthcare Management||Business Research|
|Fundamentals of Management & Organizational Behavior||Legal Aspects of Business|
|Quantitative Techniques for Management||Business Policy and Strategy|
|Human Resource Management||Financial Institutions and Markets|
|Financial Management||Business Communication|
Subjects Typically Covered in BCom
|Financial Accounting||Income Tax Law and Practice||Cost Accounting|
|Corporate Accounting||E-commerce||Corporate Law|
|Business Mathematics||Management Principles and Applications||Business Laws|
|Auditing & Corporate Governance||Human Resource Management||Financial Management|
BBA vs BCom: Prospects for Higher Studies
An array of postgraduate degree programs are available for BBA and BCom graduates to choose from. To help you understand the difference between higher education opportunities after BBA vs BCom, we have enlisted some of the top master’s degree courses below:
Higher Education Opportunities after BBA
There exist enormous opportunities for specialization in business management and administration, here is a list of the best courses to opt for after a BBA degree:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Masters in Management Studies (MMS)
- Masters in Finance Management
- MBA in Finance
Higher Education Opportunities after BCom
To give you an edge in accounting or business, we have listed down the best courses to aspire for after BCom:
- Masters of Commerce (MCom)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Certified Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Company Secretary Courses
To know more, check out Job Oriented Courses After BCom!
BBA vs BCom: Job Prospects
It is important to analyze courses keeping in mind the job opportunities available after that course and how well a specific course equips one to meet the daily challenges of the industry. Here are some of the job roles that one can consider after completing any of these two courses:
Major Job Opportunities after BBA
- Business Consultancies
- Brand & Marketing
- IT Companies
- Multinational Companies
- Financial Organizations
- Public Works
- Educational Institutes
- Tourism Industry
- Industrial Houses
A list of job profiles are listed below:
- Account Manager
- Brand Manager
- Finance Managers
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Head
- Human Resource Managers
- Zonal Business Manager
- Recruitment Manager
- Research and Development Managers
- Management Consultant
- Recruitment Manager
- Project Managers
- Administrative Officer
- Equity Research Analysts
- HR Generalist Business
- Labour-Management Relations Specialist
Major Job Opportunities after BCom
- Accounting and Auditing
- Financial Services
- Tax Advisory Services
- International Banking
- Commercial Banking
- Insurance Services
- Manufacturing Services
- Government Services
- Information Technology Services
- Telecommunication Services and BPO’s
- Educational Institutions, Automobile, Hospitality and Media
A list of job profiles are listed below:
- Chartered Accountant
- Company Secretary
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Legal Advisor
- Tax Consultant
- Technical Consultant
- Investment Consultant
- Investment Banker
- Senior Accountant
- Junior Accountant
- Market Research Analyst
- Loan or Credit Officer
- Sales Officer
- Bank Probation Officer
- Asset or Fund Manager
- Hedge Fund Manager
- Customer Relationship Executive
- Digital Marketer
How to Choose Between BBA vs BCom?
It can be quite a confusing dilemma of choosing between BBA vs BCom. While BBA is offered in an array of specialisations from Management to Travel and Tourism, Media, Marketing and much more, BCom is more concentrated towards commerce subjects and specialisations. So, if you aim to study business and management in context with the commercial world and global business, BCom is the perfect option. When it comes to BBA, it is perfect for those aiming to pursue a specific specialisation in Management like Human Resource Management, Banking and Finance, Digital Marketing, Tourism Management or Media and Communications.
These business schools aim to provide students with world-class infrastructure equipped with recognised education to master the skills in the field of commerce.
- London Business School
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Pace University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- London School of Economics
- University of Toronto
- York University
- Copenhagen Business School
BCom is a more specific course whereas BBA is a better choice for students who want to pursue a management course later on and wish to develop their managerial skills. Therefore, it is always preferable to scan your aptitude, skills and interest before you choose any of the two. We understand that the process of choosing an ideal course for yourself can be confusing. With the help of the experts at Leverage Edu, you can shortlist a course that will play to your strengths and will help you in reaching your goals.