In today’s world, where technology is being updated at a quick rate and new standards are being reached every single day, there is no surprise that people no longer have to give up their careers to gain skills or pursue higher education. Online MBA courses are a perfect resource for all professionals who wish to upgrade their skills to reach higher levels of success, but at the same time require a paid job to make the ends meet. Read further to get to know about the various online Top MBA courses!
This Blog Includes:
Why Online MBA Courses?
Online learning is one of the best features of modern education. The classes under such programmes are conducted via video conferencing, the study material is provided through digital platforms, assignments are submitted online and exams are scheduled just like in any other regular course. Online MBA courses can either be 1 or 2 years long depending on your MBA specialization. Professionals looking for a swift career, gain skills and get promotion in the same workplace majorly opt for this course.
For professionals with hectic schedules, there is also an option of attending course lectures over the weekends. Classes, homework assignments and lectures for the Online MBA Course will be conducted through an online portal. Students can log in into the portal with their login credentials and complete their assignments and other work.
Eligibility Criteria for Online MBA Courses
The eligibility criteria for online MBA courses are similar to MBA courses in the reputed colleges. The various criterias to pursue Online MBA Courses are:
- You should have to be a graduate from a recognised university. However, the threshold of marks depends and varies from college to college.
- You also need to appear for any of the management entrance exams such CAT (Common aptitude test), MAT (Management Aptitude Test), SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test), XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) and so on.
- An updated resume or CV with all your working experience is also needed.
List of Online Management Courses
There are various management programmes offered by universities in India and abroad for aspirants. These courses are very similar and provide similar opportunities to candidates. Some of them are:
1. Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
3. Post Graduate Program (PGP)
Also Read: FCCI Online Courses
Universities For Online MBA Courses Abroad
However, if you plan to do an online MBA from a foreign university online, you need to appear for the GMAT examination or might even have to show an industrial experience. However, the requirements again vary from college to college. Some of the top universities present abroad as per the QS Online MBA World Rankings that offers Online MBA courses are:
- IE Business School
- Imperial College Business School, Imperial College London
- Marshall School of Business
- Warwick Business School
- Kelley School of Business
- Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM)
- MIP Politecnico di Milano Graduate School of Business
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Hough Graduate School of Business
- Durham University Business School
Also Read: Short Courses Online
Universities For Online MBA Courses in India
Some of the popular Indian colleges that provide students with the option of online MBA courses are given below:
- Amity University Online, Noida
- ITM University Online, Navi Mumbai
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance learning, Noida
- National Institute of Business Management (NIBM), Coimbatore
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Karnataka State Open University
- Venkateshwara Open University, Pune
- Don Bosco University Global Center for Open & Distance Education, Assam
Also Read: Best Online Courses with Certificate
Online MBA courses generally offer the same courses that are offered in a regular MBA programme. However, the subject availability also depends on the curriculum followed by a particular institution and are subjected to vary. Following are the important topics that are covered under online MBA courses:
1. Legal Aspects of Management
2. Research Methodology
3. Information Technology for Managers
4. Management functions and behaviours
5. Quantitative techniques for management
Also Read: Online Courses in India
With respect to job opportunities and expectations, one must acknowledge that there are certain key distinctions between being a regular online learner and a full-time MBA student. The former is more likely to stay in their current profession as they pursue their Online MBA if they are receiving a sponsorship from their respective companies. Candidates after completing an online MBA course can work in the following sectors:
Operations and Project Management
Operations Research Analyst
Financial Research Analyst
Credit Risk Manager
|IT Sector||IT Manager
Business Development Manager
Candidates can expect an average pay scale of five to six lakhs per annum for freshers and even more for those who are experienced.
Hopefully, this article has cleared all your doubts regarding online MBA courses. If you still want to know about colleges or are confused which university is a better choice for you, do not hesitate to book an E-meeting with Leverage Edu!