BBA is a top-level administration course that is derived from the broad domain of Management Studies. The course aims to impart conceptual, practical, and theoretical knowledge of the intricate concepts related to the business world like Economics, Finance, Operations, Accounting, etc. The diverse aspects of the program can impart you with teachings related to productive Business Management and Entrepreneurship. In this degree, you can expect to study subjects like Business Economics, Marketing Strategies, Business Ethics, etc. There are many specializations available under the course which you can choose from and convert your career aspirations into success. If you want to explore these arenas then, a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration can be the best option for you! Through this blog, we will elucidate different aspects of this course.
|Bachelor of Business Administration
|BBA Finance, BBA Aviation, BBA HR, BBA Banking, BBA Tourism
|Finance, Accounting, Organisational Behavior, General Management, Global Markets
|Merit-Based and Entrance Exams
|Marketing Industry, Banking, Sales sector, Consultancies, Media
|INR 2.75 Lakhs to 7 Lakhs Annually
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Bachelor of Business Administration?
- Why do a BBA?
- Types of BBA
- BBA Specializations
- BBA Subjects & Syllabus
- Skillsets Required for Pursuing BBA
- BBA Eligibility Criteria
- BBA Entrance Exams
- BBA Top Universities Abroad
- Best BBA Colleges in India
- Scope of BBA
- Jobs and Top Recruiters
- BBA Salary
What is a Bachelor of Business Administration?
BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) is an undergraduate degree, highly popular in India and across the globe. ABBA is open to all students regardless of their stream and is a highly specialized course that teaches students skills required for performing leadership and managerial tasks and responsibilities. It is a 4-year program that offers specializations in fields like finance, human resources, artificial intelligence, and international business and offers an opportunity to gain industry-specific internships and workshops. This competitive course can be pursued after 12th at some of the best universities in the world.
Why do a BBA?
- A Bachelor of Business Administration is perfect for those students who are interested in business, leadership, and management. The course is designed for entrepreneurs and industry experts.
- ABBA can enhance one’s career opportunities and ensure a good salary because of the level of industry exposure and internships the course offers.
- BBA prepares students for an MBA and corporate life by introducing managerial qualities, industry visits, and a supply chain management journey.
- BBA course encourages a global career by providing students with marketable skills and opportunities to work in MNCs, bootstrap startups, and governmental agencies.
- It helps in overall growth and allows students to develop leadership, managerial, entrepreneurial, and people skills.
Who Should Pursue a BBA?
- BBA courses, like any courses, need the acquisition of certain abilities. The following are some of the BBA abilities that are necessary.
- Candidates who intend to pursue an MBA or work in management may consider BBA.
- The BBA is for those who want to start their firm or become an entrepreneur.
- This course is for passionate and ethical individuals who are true to themselves and want to try their hand at business. Ethical Considerations
- The course assists students in comprehending industry demands and worldwide trends. This BBA talent is useful for anyone considering a career in the market.
Types of BBA
There are different types of BBAs available to students in part-time as well as full-time capacities. Here are some types:
There is a multitude of specializations available negating the general notion that BBA as a course limits the candidates to the Management field only. Rather it kills the candidates with the administrative techniques and strategies related to a particular specialization. Through this course, candidates can learn about the vital managerial level roles at different kinds of organizations and later perform them with perfection. Apart from these specializations, some universities offer BBA-MBA integrated courses. The specializations listed below cover most of the fields and enable candidates to have enormous job opportunities.
|Information and Technology
|Banking and Insurance
|Integrated Marketing Communications
|Travel and Tourism Management
|Hospitality and Hotel Management
BBA Subjects & Syllabus
Being one of the choicest professional courses after the 12th commerce stream, BBA offers a wide range of subjects. As the course strives to proficiently train candidates in a variety of fields, the course curriculum must incorporate subjects that not only improve knowledge but also the personality of individuals, making the student a potential candidate for big companies. Since the program is offered by a lot of universities, the BBA syllabus may tend to differ. Here is a list of core BBA subjects:
- Human Resource Management
- General Management
- Financial Strategies
- Business Laws
- International Business
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Economics
- Business Ethics
- Brand Management
- Business Mathematics
- Operations Management
- Management Principles
Skillsets Required for Pursuing BBA
|Skillsets Required For BBA
|Professional Communication Skills and Behavioral Grooming
|Consulting and Problem-Solving Skills
|Critical and Analytical Thinking
|Strong work ethic
BBA Eligibility Criteria
Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for BBA which all aspiring students need to qualify. They are:
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 or Class 12th from a recognized board. They could have done their class 12th from any stream.
- The minimum marks that the candidates must have achieved should be 50% and above in class 12.
- For all candidates who have appeared for class 12th exams and are still waiting for their result to come, they can apply for the course and submit their result when it is declared.
BBA Entrance Exams
Various entrance exams are conducted throughout the country for all students who wish to study BBA after their class 12th. We have tabulated the BBA entrance exams below:
BBA Top Universities Abroad
Pursuing a course from a leading university can mould your career and also raise the chances of having a brighter future. Considering the importance of educational institutes, we have curated a list of top universities that can take you to places:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Oxford
- University of Alberta
- University of Tasmania
- University of Kent
- Australian Catholic University
- University of Waikato
- York University
- Douglas College
- Texas State University
Best BBA Colleges in India
|Average Fees (INR)
|Shailesh J Mehta School of Management
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
|Amity University, Mumbai
|National Institute of management
|BITS School of Management
Also Read: BBA Colleges in Canada
Scope of BBA
There are a lot of courses after BBA to pursue and the most prominent of them all is an MBA (Masters in Business Administration) which can skyrocket your career. MMS i.e Masters in Management Studies is another popular course taken by students as it can provide the right exposure to get a lucrative job. Apart from these courses, you can also acquire entry-level positions at leading MNCs. These are the advantages you can extract from the course-
- You can have several job opportunities in various industries as the BBA course equips you with an array of skills through its variety of specializations.
- If you aspire to be a leading entrepreneur, then this program could be the best start as it incorporates several techniques to ace your Business.
- You can learn about the whereabouts of globalization at an early stage if you begin your career by choosing this course.
- During the journey of the course, candidates can learn management strategies to apply in practical scenarios.
- Here are some top-notch job profiles after BBA
|Research and development manager
|Information Systems Associates
|Human Resource Manager
|Business Administrator Researcher
|Business Development Associate
Jobs and Top Recruiters
When candidates complete their course in BBA, most of them wish to pursue an MBA. however, there are a lot of job options for those who want to take up a job right after their graduation.
- Marketing Manager: The job of a marketing manager is to collaborate with other product managers and bring forth new programs for the establishment of better, improved strategies. The average starting salary of a Marketing Manager is Rs. 4.5 lakhs annually.
- Human Resource Executive: A human resource executive or an HR manager has many duties. They have to ensure the methodologies and strategies, as well as HR programs, have been met for the benefit of the organization. They also plan and advise on many strategies and oversee human asset activities. The average starting salary of a Human Resource Executive is Rs. 4.5 lakhs annually.
- Sales Executive: The main job of a sales executive is to implement strategies and design them in such a way to increase and improve the sales revenue and give a boost to the company’s standing in the market.
The top recruiting companies for fresh BBA graduates are tabulated below:
|Tata Consultancy Services
|Ernst & Young
In India, BBA salaries range from INR 250000 to INR 10,000,000. According to Payscale, the average BBA salary is INR 4,57,475. Bachelor of Business Administration hourly wage in India is INR 256. According to Payscale, students might strive to be HR Managers, with an average pay of INR 6,43,000.
Ans. BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) is an undergraduate degree, highly popular in India and across the globe. ABBA is open to all students regardless of their stream and is a highly specialized course that teaches students skills required for performing leadership and managerial tasks and responsibilities. It is a 4-year program that offers specializations in fields like finance, human resources, artificial intelligence, and international business and offers an opportunity to gain industry-specific internships and workshops. This competitive course can be pursued after the 12th at some of the best universities in the world.
Ans. The eligibility criteria for BBA differs based on the university. It may or may not be a requirement to have mathematics.
Ans. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Oxford
University of Alberta
University of Tasmania
University of Kent
Australian Catholic University
University of Waikato
Texas State University
Ans. BBA provides plenty of industry exposure through internships, workshops, industry visits as well as guest lectures from renowned personalities in the field of choice.
Ans. After completing your BBA, students can either start working or go for higher education like MBA or other preferred master’s.
If you are all set to signup for a BBA program along with study abroad opportunities, contact Leverage Edu, our experts will guide you to attain a position at prestigious universities across the globe. Book your 30-minute free career counselling session soon!