When you plan your future, everything comes down to how you run on the racetrack of your career, overcoming every obstacle and beating all the odds to fulfil your dreams. The initial stage of deciding your lane is a challenging start. Once you are clear about your field of interest, the next thing is how you tackle every obstacle that you come across. For example, choosing a course and a country to begin your education in your chosen field. While your decision to study in Singapore is certainly a good one, how you manage to get there is important. You might have to take different exams as per your chosen course but an English proficiency test is often regarded as essential for studying in a foreign country. This is not entirely true because you can study in Singapore without IELTS. In this blog, we will discuss all the possibilities of how you can pursue your dream of studying in Singapore without IELTS.
This Blog Includes:
Subscribe to Leverage IELTS for more such information
Universities to Study in Singapore Without IELTS
Let’s jump right into the list of Singapore universities that do not require IELTS to study in Singapore. A handful of Singapore universities do not need you to take English Language Tests. 5 Best Universities in Singapore may be chosen for study in Singapore without IELTS.
- Singapore Management University
- National College of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Nanyang Technological University
How to Study in Singapore Without IELTS?
- For students who need to submit an IELTS score, there is a very simple alternative. If you have a previous degree from an English medium university or college, you do not need an IELTS score to apply to the Singaporean universities listed above.
- Applicants must have an English Proficiency Certificate to apply. Applicants can get an official certificate/declaration/letter of English proficiency from their former university.
- It should be noted in the prior university’s letter that the candidate has completed all of his courses in English. You can use this official letter in place of the IELTS certificate.
- Some universities may do an online interview or a video interview through Skype. If your application is accepted, you will be required to participate in an online interview with your university.
Study in Singapore Without IELTS: Programs Offered
Singapore does not have strict regulations regarding the compulsion of IELTS exam scores for foreign students seeking admission to their universities. Hence, many universities and Colleges in Singapore, by the Singapore education system offer preparatory courses and foundation programs for international students who don’t wish to take IELTS. These courses and programs are designed as foundation and certification courses for those who wish to complete their studies in Singapore for a longer duration. Also, there are other preparatory courses available for international students whose native language isn’t English.
Students who have completed 13 years of education in Singapore are asked to complete an additional year of study before taking the higher education opportunity. This additional year of study is known as the Foundation Program. This program helps you to study in Singapore without IELTS and pursue a degree in your field of interest. Generally, this program is available in disciplines like business and Administration, Information and Technology, Hospitality and Tourism, and more which ranges for a short period of 8-11 months.
Foundation Studies Certificates
This certificate is a 7-module program and is designed for those who have completed 10 years of education in Singapore and are planning to continue their education in the country. In this case, you can apply for a Foundation Studies Certificate to study in Singapore without IELTS.
Preparatory Program for the English Language
A Preparatory Program that enrols students in a six-month preparatory course and through this course, they are eligible to study in Singapore without IELTS. The course helps students prepare a good base for the English Language and has two levels namely:
- Level 1: To learn the basics of the English Language.
- Level 2: To learn the fundamentals of the English Language.
Thus, you can plan to study in Singapore without IELTS by choosing from one of the above-mentioned courses. However, it will also depend on the specific university you have selected for pursuing a course in Singapore. Numerous universities in Singapore conduct their own English examinations for students who don’t have English as their first language.
If you aspire to study in Singapore without IELTS, you must have a list of documents ready in your checklist. The documents listed below are generally required to secure your seat in Singapore. If you want to know what is required to apply to the university of your choice, reach out to Leverage Edu experts.
- Two photocopies of each- V395, V36 along with Form 16
- Photocopy of passport
- Birth certificate
- Attested copies of SSC, HSC & Degree Certificate (if applicable) and Mark Sheets including re-appeared exams.
- Standardized Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where applicable)
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport-size photographs
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Updated Resume/CV
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
Singapore Student Visa Without IELTS
The Singapore student visa application does not always require you to submit your IELTS scores; however, you should verify the government requirements for applying for a visa without IELTS scores. Before you look into the IELTS requirements for the Singapore student visa, here is a list of documents you must include with your visa application:
- Passport valid for at least three months.
- Completed ICA Form 16 and Form V36 visa application forms.
- Letter of acceptance from the university in Singapore where you have been accepted.
- Bank statement demonstrating that you have sufficient finances for living expenses and education fees, which should total 8,400 Singapore dollars.
- Marksheet transcripts from your school or college.
- Scorecards for university-required qualifying tests such as the GMAT and GRE.
- Receipt as proof of payment of the visa application fee of $30 Singapore.
- Payment receipt for the issuance fee of 60 Singapore dollars.
- Evidence of ample cash.
- Certificate of birth.
- SOP, resume, and three letters of recommendation.
- Scores of international exams required by your college.
- Copies of your mark sheets.
- Travel and health insurance.
Although it is possible to study in Singapore without taking the IELTS exam, keep in mind that several top universities in Singapore demand IELTS results for admission. In such instances, a minimum of 6.5 bands on the Singapore IELTS is required.
If you do not take the IELTS exam, you may miss out on studying at one of these prestigious colleges since you will not meet the Singapore IELTS requirement. We recommend that you take the IELTS exam so that you can boost your chances of studying at a reputable university in Singapore.
Why Study in Singapore?
Singapore offers diverse educational and career prospects for foreign students. With well-maintained roads and beautiful facades, this country welcomes international students from all around the world. Singapore has a diverse population and exhibits a combination of Western as well as Eastern cultures. Studying in the country is an experience of a lifetime as you encounter an opportunity to dive deep into a pool of quality education via the expert faculty which helps them grab beneficial career opportunities after completion of the courses. Thus, students often opt to Study in Singapore After the 12th.
Singapore is known to invest heavily in the establishment of advanced research centres that are setting the benchmarks for other countries. The availability of high-end research centers makes MBBS in Singapore as well as Engineering in Singapore the choicest option amongst the aspirants. With advanced infrastructure and affordable education costs, Singapore is rapidly becoming a preferred choice for students aspiring to study abroad. Along with this, a simple and hassle-free Singapore student visa and Singapore Work VISA for Indians make the country an ideal destination for pursuing a course or your dream job.
Cost of Studying in Singapore
Tuition at Singapore institutions can range from SGD 20,000 to SGD 40,000 per year. This value will now vary depending on the university you attend.
Aside from that, you must think about the connected costs and create a budget. Leverage Edu professionals can assist you in developing an appropriate budget and minimizing your spending. Here’s a preliminary estimate to give you a sense of scale:
- Meals (at university hostel) – SDG 285-420
- Rental (University Halls of Residence) – SGD 150-800 (Concessional)
- Bus/transportation – SGD 120
- Public trains (Concessional Pass)
A student’s monthly living expenses in Singapore range between SGD 600 and SGD 1400.
Popular Scholarships to Study in Singapore
Here is a list of some popular and renowned scholarships that will help you financially to study in Singapore.
|Nanyang Technological University Scholarship 2024
|The Nanyang University Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs at Nanyang University.
|Singapore University of Technology Scholarship
|Applicants from all around the globe are welcome to apply for SUTD Singapore Scholarships. Undergraduate, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees are available. This university teaches just the most recent Technology Majors.
|National University of Singapore Scholarships
|The National University of Singapore Scholarships 2024 is open to international students as well as domestic students. Students can apply for and get this Scholarship Opportunity in Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees.
|Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship 2024
|The application form for the Fully Funded Singapore Nanyang Scholarship is now available. The NTU Singapore Scholarship is available for Undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. programs. The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships are exclusively available for MS and PhD programs.
|Singapore Government Scholarships
|The Singapore Government Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for pursuing a master’s, Master’s leading to a PhD, or Direct PhD after completing a four-year undergraduate program. The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) funds the scholarship.
Ans. There are around 5 universities in Singapore that can be chosen for study without IELTS. In addition, the government provides scholarships for students to attend this country’s institutions.
Ans. The list of countries that are best for international students to study without IELTS is as follows:
Russia, and more.
Ans. IELTS and TOEFL scores are recommended but not required to study in Singapore. Also, GRE/GMAT/SAT may be required for a few courses in Singapore. Furthermore, students enrolling for master’s degrees in Singapore must have a recognized bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55% or higher.
Ans. To give you an idea, the university charges between S$ 400 and S$ 1000 each month.
We hope that this blog informs you about how to study in Singapore without IELTS. Further, Leverage Edu experts can be your guide in selecting an ideal program that doesn’t require IELTS and offers you the opportunity to explore your field of interest at a leading university in Singapore.