Studying abroad is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Not only does it give you a chance to be part of a global community, it also helps you discover vast career opportunities. You get a chance to become a part of the education system of another country and get a degree that is globally recognised. Although these experiences are invaluable, they are accompanied by a price. It is essential to choose a study abroad program that not only helps accelerate your education and career path but also meets your financial needs. Therefore, here we are with a blog on the Cheapest Study Abroad Programs and destinations that will surely help fulfil your dreams of studying abroad.
This Blog Includes:
What makes a Study Abroad Program Affordable?
The following aspects while choosing a study abroad program is important if you are planning your further studies in an affordable budget.
- The most important condition is the cost of the tuition fee while choosing a particular program.
- Check whether the kind of program is direct or indirect enrollment.
- For ‘direct’, you enroll with the university itself, while ‘indirect’ involves a third-party.
- Usually direct enrollment cost comparatively less than indirect. But with indirect enrollment programs,the third-party helps you with the entire application process, making your journey much easier.
- Make an approximate cost of living budget of the particular country you are planning to visit.
- Checking the visa fee and admission fee is also impportant.
Cheapest Study Abroad Programs in the World
Here are the top countries that are offering the cheapest study abroad programs to students:
Norway is known for its high quality of education, lifestyle and breathtaking natural beauty. The best thing is that Norwegian universities do not impose tuition fees. Yes, it is FREE, even for foreign students. Norway is one of the few countries which offers free education. At the undergraduate level, students may study humanities, social sciences, law, theology, mathematics and natural sciences, education, medicine, dentistry, energy, engineering, etc. Of course, the number of options will be lesser as compared to the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and other countries around the world. At the master’s level, Norway offers nearly 100+ programs that are taught in English and thus make this Scandinavian country an important one on our list of countries that offer the cheapest study abroad programs to students.
Cost of Studying in Norway
- Average Tuition fees: Free
- Average Cost of living: NOK 8,000- 11,000 per month
Top Programs to Study in Norway
Here is the list of some of the top programmes that you can consider for your study in Norway.
- IT & Computer Science
- Life Sciences
- Agricultural Science
- Natural Sciences
- Energy and Sustainability
- Digital Media
- Animation and Visual Arts
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
Top Universities in Norway Offering Cheapest Study Abroad Programs
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- University of Nordland – formerly Bodø University College
- University of Bergen
- University of Oslo
- Norwegian University of Life Sciences
Heading towards Asia, Taiwan is another destination that is a one-stop destination for Indian students who are in search of the cheapest study abroad programs for themselves. Asia is home to some of the best universities in the world. The country also has over 120 courses taught in English at over 40 universities. Taiwan is a popular destination to learn Mandarin as well. Taiwan also offers a good quality of life with comparatively low living costs.
Study Costs in Taiwan
- Average Tuition fees: TWD 8,300- 10,300 per month
- Average Cost of living: TWD 7,000- 10,000 per month
Top Programs to Study in Taiwan
- Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Finance and Marketing
- Business Management
- International Business
Top Universities in Taiwan Offering Cheapest Study Abroad Programs
- National Taiwan University
- National Tsinghua University
- National Chiao Tung University
- National Cheng Kung University
- National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Germany’s higher education institutions enjoy an excellent reputation. Education and research provide vital impetus to innovation and progress. German universities combine research and study and have been the scene of revolutionary breakthroughs such as printing press, computer and mp3, all of which have become an inseparable part of our modern life. Every year, thousands of young men and women from other countries decide to pursue or start studying in Germany. Germany is famous for its renowned universities and institutes and is one of the top countries which offers the cheapest study abroad programs and quality education to students. The German education system is very inclusive for international students.
- Average Tuition fees: EUR 100- 1,500 per semester
- Average Cost of living: EUR 600- 900 per month
Top Programs to Study in Germany
- Business Management and Business Administration
- Data Science & Data Analytics
- Natural Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
Top Universities in Germany Offering Cheapest Study Abroad Programs
- Ludwig Maximilians University
- Technical University of Munich
- Karlsruher Institute of Technology
- Technical University of Berlin
- University of Hamburg
In France, as an international student, you can have an experience of a lifetime with rich cuisines, art and music. With its groundbreaking developments in literature, art, history and science, France has plenty to offer for international students. With affordable tuition fees and various English-taught degrees, France has over 1500 courses that are being taught in English. The education system in France comparatively stands out as French Universities has a unique way of allocating small classroom sizes. This encourages teachers and students to have special bonds while learning.
Cost of Studying in France
- Average Tutition Fees: €170 per year for Bachelor’s, €243 for Master’s programs, and €380 for Doctoral programs
- Average Cost of Living: €700 – €1,200 per month
Top Study Programs in France
- Pure Science
Top Universities in France Offering Cheapest Study Abroad Programs
- University of Paris
- University of Orleans
- University de Montpelier
- University of Strasbourg
- University of Burgundy
- École Normale Supérieure (Paris)
- École Centrale de Lyon
- Sciences Po
- École Polytechnique
With a rich culture and delightful cuisines, Mexico is one of the most sought-after countries in Latin America by international students. One of the main reason students prefer to choose this country as Mexico City has been termed as one of the best city for students in the world. Ussually the tuition fees in private universities of Mexico are usually higher than the public ones. But the allo over cost gets balanced out as living expenses in Mexico is quiet affordable compared to other western countries. When it comes to living in Mexico, the people are mostly speaking Spanish on a daily basis. But most of the Spanish-speaking population are also fluent in English. So language will not be a big problem while living there as an international student. Other than that, the universities also offer multiple English-taught courses to attract international students.
Cost of Studying in Mexico
- Average Tuition Fees: $6,300 per year
- Cost of Living: $6,450 – $9,250 per year
Top Study Programs in Mexico
- Nanotechnology Engineering
- International Business
- Industrial Engineering
- Business Administration and Management
- International Tourism
Top Universities in Mexico Offering Cheapest Study Abroad Programs
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM)
- Instituto Politécnico Nacional (IPN)
- Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana (UAM)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (UIA)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autonomo de México (ITAM)
- Universidad de Guadalajara (UDG)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL)
The next country being in Asia makes it one of the most affordable country for international students. If you are one, who wants to explore more about cultural diversity and at the same time pursue your higher studies then India is the place for you. In India, people have multiple languages and dialects with Hindi and English being the most common languages spoken around. Almost all the higher institutions have english taught courses which is encourages international students to choose their programs. Living cost in India is very affordable as the currency value is comparatively less to the dollar. While tuition fees may vary depending on the course and the type of university you choose but it will still be less compared to other countries.
Cost of Studying in India
- Average Tuition Fees: $7,880 – $9,000 per year
- Living Cost: S$4,600 per year
Top Study Programs in India
- Management MBA/BBA.
- Engineering B.Tech and B.Arch, M.Tech, ME, BE.
- Computer Application-BCA/MCA.
- Designing – Fashion/Interior/Web.
- Mass-communication/Journalism BJMC.
- Hospitality (Hotel) – Hotel Management.
- Medical-BDS and MBBS.
- Finance -B.Com/CA.
Top Universities in India Offering Cheapest Study Abroad Programs
- University of Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Science
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
We hope that this blog has provided you with answers to all your questions on the Cheapest Study Abroad Programs. If you are still confused about which course and university you should opt for, then reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and get assistance throughout the entire process of finding a suitable program and college that aligns with your interests and career aspirations and equips you with the right knowledge as well as exposure into the field of your choice. Book your free session with us today!