Every year, lakhs of students are struck with the question, “what to study after 12th?”. While some already have a set plan and know what degree they want to pursue, others drown in the ocean of confusion. Selecting the field should depend primarily on your interests, career prospects, and job availabilities. With Science, Commerce, and Arts as the main streams, we will discuss some courses which you can study after 10+2.
This Blog Includes:
- What To Study After 12th: Non-Medical Stream
- What To Study After 12th: Medical Stream
- What To Study After 12th With Commerce Stream?
- What To Study After 12th With Arts & Humanities Stream?
- Entrance Tests for Studying Abroad
- Certificate Courses after 12th
- High Salary Courses After 12th Science
- High Salary Courses After 12th Arts
- Professional Courses after 12th
- What to Study after 12th to Become a Pilot?
- What to Study after 12th to Become a Doctor?
- What to Study after 12th to Become a CEO?
What To Study After 12th: Non-Medical Stream
Science stream with Maths is one of the most popular choices amongst students in higher secondary school. From engineering to the merchant navy, the career prospects are vast. If you are confused about what to study after 12th with MPC subjects then here is a list of some interesting courses after 12th for Science:
- Engineering (B.Tech/B.Eng)
- Bachelor of Science in Maths
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Commercial Pilot Courses
- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- Merchant Navy Courses
- Bachelor in Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Bachelor in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor in Data Analytics and IT Security
- B.Tech- Bachelor of Technology
- BE- Bachelor of Technology
- B.Arch- Bachelor of Architecture
- B.Tech Animation, Graphics and Multimedia
- B.Sc- Applied Geology
- BA/B.Sc. Liberal Arts
- B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech Biotechnology Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech Automation and Robotics
- B.Tech Petroleum Engineering
- B.Tech Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech Ceramic Engineering
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech Structural Engineering
- B.Tech Transportation Engineering
- B.Tech Construction Engineering
- B.Tech Power Engineering
- B.Tech Robotics Engineering
- B.Tech Textile Engineering
- B.Tech Smart Manufacturing & Automation
- B.Tech LLB
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- BE Marine Engineering
- BE Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- BE Harbour and Ocean Engineering
You can choose from a variety of courses under engineering like Aeronautical Engineering, Nanotechnology, Electronics and Instrumentation, Computer Science, Textile, Robotics, etc.
Also Read: Best Courses After 12th PCM
What To Study After 12th: Medical Stream
Science stream with Biology as one of the core subjects opens doors to an array of career opportunities after 10+2. With the increase in demand for medical professionals, universities across the world offer many Medical Science courses. Thus, if you are confused about what to study after 12th with BiPC subjects, you can go through the following list:
- Nursing Courses
- BNYS Course
- Biotechnology Courses
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy
- Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Science in Audiology
- Bachelor of Science in Botany
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Radiology
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology
- Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
- Bioinformatics Courses
- Genetics Courses
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science Forensic Sciences
- B.Sc. in Biotechnology
- B.Tech in Biotechnology
- Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
- Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology
Also Read: Courses after 12th PCB For You To Explore
What To Study After 12th With Commerce Stream?
For those of you who want to kick-start your career in the field of Finance, Economics, or Management, studying commerce is the most suitable choice. Due to ample career opportunities, it is possible that you can get confused about what to study after 12th with these subjects. Thus, here is a list of the best job-oriented courses which you pursue after completing 12th standard:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Retail Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Event Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Operation Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing Management
- Bachelor in Economics
- Bachelor in International Business Administration
- Bachelor in Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor in Commerce (General)
- Bachelor in Commerce (Hons.)
- Bachelor in Business Studies
- Bachelor in Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor in Commerce (Banking and Finance)
- Bachelor in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor in Industrial Relations and Human Resources
- Bachelor in Business Management
- Bachelor in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Legislative Law
- Bachelor in Advertising and Public Relations
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Company Secretary
- Chartered Accountancy
- Certified Financial Planner
- Cost and Management Accountant
- Integrated Law Program- B.Com LL.B.
- Integrated Law Program- BBA LL.B
Also read: Study Abroad After 12th Commerce
Also Read: 50+ courses after 12th Commerce
What To Study After 12th With Arts & Humanities Stream?
Arts is one of the most popular choices amongst students to study after the 10th standard. But what to study after 12th in this field is a question that bothers many. Contrary to the common perception, there are many Arts courses that you can pursue after completing higher secondary school. Give below are some of these programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) (Hons.) in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) (Hons.) in History
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in History
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Geography
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Physical Education
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor in Economics
- Bachelor in Modern and Contemporary History
- Bachelor in Philosophy
- Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality and Travel
- Animation Courses
- Fashion Designing
- Fine Arts courses
- Language Courses
- Graphic Designing Course
- Mass Communication and Journalism Courses
- Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)
- Bachelor of Journalism (BJ)
- BA in Animation
- Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (BA-LLB)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Diploma in Education (DEd)
- BA in Home Science
- BA English (Hons.)
- BA Hindi (Hons.)
- BA Sanskrit (Hons.)
- BA Punjabi (Hons.)
- BA Urdu (Hons.)
- BA (Any Language) Hons. [Foreign/Indian Both]
Entrance Tests for Studying Abroad
To pursue a professional degree from universities and colleges abroad, you have to qualify for certain exams with a minimum score. Broadly, there are two types of entrance exams, the English language tests, and standardized tests. While the language tests examine the basic English proficiency of the students hailing from non-English speaking countries, the standardized tests examine the candidate’s critical thinking and logical ability.
|Language Tests||Standardized Tests|
Note: The minimum percentile to secure admission may vary from one university to another.
Certificate Courses after 12th
The COVID-19 pandemic has expanded the popularity of remote learning courses in India. Almost every college has moved their lessons online, and many have begun to provide distance education programmes so that students do not need to be physically present in class. Students are also drawn to distance education courses because of their convenience and low cost. Having said that, we recognise that not all students are looking for a university degree. Some people are looking for recognised certification courses after 12th grade to assist them to instil and polish their present existing skills. Here is a list of some of the best-certified courses which students may pursue after their class 12th:
- Air Hostess
- Hardware and Networking
- Make-up Artist Courses
- Interior Design
- Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing
- Content Writing
- Web Designing
- Animation and Graphics
- App Development
- Content Editing
- Health Care Waste Management
- Food and Nutrition
- Tourism Studies
- Nutrition and Child Care
- BPO Finance and Accounting
- Women’s Empowerment and Development
- Foreign Language Courses
- Organic Farming
- Human Rights
- Consumer Protection
- Value Education
- Water Harvesting and Management
- Fashion Design
High Salary Courses After 12th Science
Here is a list of top high salary courses after 12th Science-
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- BSc Computer Science
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Architecture
- BSc in Biotechnology/Food Technology/Biochemistry
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Information Technology
- Commercial Pilot Training
High Salary Courses After 12th Arts
Here is a list of top high salary courses after 12th Arts-
- Fashion Design
- Corporate Lawyer
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Event Manager
- Air Hostess
- Professional Photographer
Professional Courses after 12th
- Chartered Accountant
- Information Technology and Web Designing
- Commercial Pilot
What to Study after 12th to Become a Pilot?
- The first step towards becoming a pilot would be to pursue commercial pilot courses as soon as you complete your basic level education
- Upon pursuing the course it is important for candidates to seek an authorised license that can help them in future flying
- Order to do so, candidates will have to qualify written as well as oral tests conducted by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and must have at least 250 hours of flying
To know more about how you can become a pilot, refer to-
What to Study after 12th to Become a Doctor?
- Begin by opting for medical stream in class 11th and qualifying your class 12th examination from the same stream
- NEET is an important exam to qualify to pursue MBBS in India. Whereas, if you are looking forward to pursuing this course abroad, you may have to qualify for USMLE, etc.
- Now successfully complete your MBBS course followed by a 12 month internship period in a working hospital
- After completing the practical and theoretical training, you will become eligible to register as a doctor. You have completed your studies in India, then, IMC will grant you your license.
- For those who have pursued their studies abroad and wish to practice in India, you will be asked to qualify Foreign Medical Graduate Examination.
The above mentioned steps sums up the journey if you wish to continue your practice as a General Physician. Listed below are the points related to completing a masters in the medical field.
- If you wish to seek a master’s degree in medicine, you will have to opt for particular specialisation
- Once you are done with an MD or MS, you can either join a hospital or practice independently.
What to Study after 12th to Become a CEO?
To become a CEO, there is no such prescribed career path. But, here is the most preferred one-
- Complete a bachelor’s degree in the field of your choice
- An MBA will definitely elevate your profile and you can pursue a job as a top level manager
- You can pursue a diploma specific to the domain of your job
Below are the top ten courses that a student with 10+2 subjects may pick based on his ability and preferences:
LLB (Bachelor of Law)
Bachelor in Statistics
Bachelor in Computer Application
Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management.
BSc in IT and Software.
These are some of the finest college graduates for the future provide today’s students a solid job path.
Aeronautics and Aviation Technology
Here is a list of Top Highest Paying Jobs in India:
Medical Professionals (Doctors & Surgeons)
Machine Learning Experts.
Full Stack Software Developer.
Evaluate yourself – who are you now and what do you aspire to become?
Build a career list that you would want to know more about.
Make a list of 2-5 top career options.
Consider your short- and long-term objectives.
Remember always that there is more to your dream career choices than one method to all.
Thus, the career opportunities in all the streams after 10+2 is vast. However, if you are still confused about what to study after 12th, then our expert counsellors and mentors at Leverage Edu will lend you a helping hand. You can book a free 30 minutes career counselling session with our counsellors. Hurry up, book now!