One of the most competitive and active disciplines of engineering is construction engineering. It is constantly changing as a result of technological breakthroughs. Engineering is a perennial favourite among students because there are plenty of career opportunities after completing a B.Tech or M.Tech degree. What makes this job even more fascinating is the ability to travel for work. Most project-based tasks necessitate the presence of construction engineers on the job site, which could be anywhere in the world. Is there anything greater than this? So, if you’re thinking about pursuing a career in construction engineering then read this blog to know about the major points.
This Blog Includes:
- About Construction Engineering
- Top Colleges for Construction Engineering in India
- Top Colleges for Construction Engineering Abroad
- Eligibility Criteria
- Entrance Exams for Construction Engineering Courses
- Top Companies
About Construction Engineering
Construction engineering is a specialized field. It entails designing and constructing a structure that makes the best use of available space. Construction engineering necessitates a thorough understanding of industrial design, infrastructure management, and, of course, planning. With this information, one can build anything for public or private use, such as roads, tunnels, buildings, dams, airports, bridges, and other utilities.
Top Colleges for Construction Engineering in India
- IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology
- MIT Manipal – Manipal Institute of Technology
- VIT Vellore – Vellore Institute of Technology
- SRM University Chennai – SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- DSCE Bangalore – Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
Top Colleges for Construction Engineering Abroad
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Stanford University
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- University of Cambridge
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
Want to prepare for the English Proficiency test to study abroad? Join Leverage Live now!
It can be studied at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by interested individuals. The general eligibility criteria are listed below, however, the qualifications for each college may differ.
Entrance Exams for Construction Engineering Courses
- The entrance exam courses differ depending on the degree and level. Candidates must take the JEE Main, JEE Advanced, or BITSAT exams to gain admission to an undergraduate program, such as B. Tech (for BITS Pilani).
- There are many more public and private engineering schools. Admission to B. Tech Construction Engineering courses is primarily based on JEE Main scores.
- A student can apply for M. Tech in construction engineering directly after graduating with a B. Tech degree in construction engineering or another related field. The majority of postgraduate admissions are based on merit. A valid GATE or TANCET score, on the other hand, maybe considered by some institutes for admission to the highly coveted M. Tech Construction Engineering program.
Graduates and postgraduates are employed in a variety of industries in India, including healthcare, transportation and communication infrastructure, construction and property, and so on. Here are some of the top positions you can be eligible for after completing the program.
Tunnel Construction Engineer
Tunnel Construction Engineers are responsible for planning, designing, and managing all aspects of the tunnel building project. They are required to plan out the tunnelling phases, calculate project specifications, and monitor on-site progress.
Construction Planning Engineer
Engineering teams rely on construction planning engineers to keep projects on track. They devise strategies, calculate material and labor costs, evaluate crew performance, oversee compliance with health and safety laws, and maintain open lines of communication.
Resident Construction Engineer
A resident construction engineer is a type of construction worker. It’s a term used to define an engineer who works for the client or the design engineer from a remote location. The responsibilities include overseeing and delivering directions to the contractor, as well as reporting to the designer and/or client on a regular basis.
An engineer who specializes in project design, coordination, and analysis is known as a consulting engineer. During the planning, design, and supervision of public and private infrastructure projects, these highly experienced experts give their knowledge
Lecturers arrange and offer instruction to university students in their field of expertise. This includes developing teaching materials, planning tutorials/seminars, grading students’ work, as well as providing direct instruction.
The site engineers are responsible for managing different parts of construction projects, supervising crew members, preparing estimates for time and material costs, completing quality assurance, observing health and safety standards, and compiling reports for different stakeholders and clients.
Quality Control Engineer
Quality control engineers are in charge of testing new products and assessing if they fulfill the company’s reliability, durability, and functionality standards.
Technical Field Engineer
Technical Field engineers, also known as field service engineers, are in charge of technical functions. They test equipment, handle repairs, manage engineering projects, conduct site inspections, engage with clients, ensure compliance, conduct feasibility studies, and manage work schedules.
Large construction projects are overseen by construction engineers. They go over project plans and designs, manage project timelines and resources, and calculate costs.
An engineering supervisor is in charge of overseeing and directing construction activities on a construction site, as well as ensuring that projects are completed on schedule, on budget, and in a safe and quality-conscious manner.
Some of the top companies recruiting all over the world are:
- Maytas Infra Ltd
- Ashoka Buildcon
- Essar Group
- Gammon India Ltd.
- TATA Consulting Engineers Ltd
- Land Transport Authority etc
- Jacobs Engineering
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Shapoorji Pallonji
- Jacobs Engineering
- Jones Lang LaSalle
The course fee can range from INR 1 Lakh to INR 12 Lakhs. Though it can vary depending on the college and country you’re pursuing the course.
The average salary can range from INR 2-5 Lakhs. The demand keeps increasing and so are the perks and benefits.
JEE Main, JEE Advanced, GATE, etc., are some of the popular entrance exams that one needs to clear for applying to colleges.
We hope that our blog on Construction Engineering was helpful in understanding the essential points about the field. If you’re considering studying abroad in any topic or need assistance with scholarships, call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 and get started on your study abroad journey today.