If you feel intrigued by the global political landscape and want to understand the nitty-gritty of the political economy, and international relations, then a career in Political Science might be well suited for you. A degree in Political Science opens your horizon to a plethora of opportunities in politics, legislation, government portfolios, diplomacy, and many more. Being a branch that studies different political systems, governmental issues, and political conduct, with a BA in Political Science degree, you can cater to a range of job profiles with a strong understanding of the subject.
This Blog Includes:
- BA Political Science Course Highlights
- What is BA Political Science?
- BA Political Science Eligibility
- B.A. in Political Science Skills Required
- BA Political Science Syllabus
- Top Universities for Pursuing BA Political Science
- B.A. in Political Science Fees
- BA Political Science Jobs
- Future Prospects after BA in Political Science
- BA Political Science Scope
BA Political Science Course Highlights
|Duration of the course||3 years|
|Number of Universities||Over 300|
|The average Fees per Semester||INR 5,000 to INR 80,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 per month|
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
What is BA Political Science?
Bachelor of Arts or BA Political Science is a 3 to a 4-year long undergraduate degree program that deals with the study of theory and practice of politics and understanding of various political systems prevalent in the world. Covering global and comparative politics, the course is designed to instill in you in-depth knowledge of forms of governance. Focusing on polishing your skills in critical thinking and developing research skills to help you in becoming better at analyzing global political trends. The course curriculum is divided into 6 semesters with each semester emphasizing core topics while pacing forward towards learning advanced concepts in the fast-changing field. The core components of the Political Science syllabus include:
- Global Political Scenario
- Forms of Governance
- History of Politics
- Comparative Politics
- Political Analysis
- Comparative Politics
- Foreign Policy
- Social Justice
BA Political Science Entrance Exams
|Exam Name||Exam Date|
|CUET||1st week of July 2022|
|NPAT||April 1 to June 26, 2022|
|BHU UET||Third week to the fourth week of May 2022|
|TISS BAT||September 2022|
|IPU CET||1st week of May 2022|
|JNUEE||June 18 – June 25, 2022|
BA Political Science Eligibility
If you are planning to study abroad, the eligibility criteria vary for different universities. But the basic criteria require you to have completed high school education. Besides having research skills and an eye to analyze data, you should have a love for reading diverse texts.
Given below are the detailed eligibility criteria for BA in Political Science:
- Complete a 10+2 qualification from a recognized board of education with a minimum required percentile or grade.
- English Language Proficiency Test – IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE. In some cases, this can be waived off if the applicant can prove that English was an MOI in the previous institution.
- Some international universities may ask for proof of specific language skills.
Note: These are some general eligibility requirements and any specific prerequisites can be confirmed on the specific university or college website.
B.A. in Political Science Skills Required
|Communication Skills||Writing Skills|
|Research Skills||Analytical Skills|
BA Political Science Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Understanding Political Theory||Political Theory – Concepts and Debate|
|Constitutional Government and Democracy||Political Process in India|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Introduction to Comparative Government and Politics.||Political Process and Institutions in Comparative Perspective|
|Perspectives on Public Administration||Public Policy and Administration in India|
|Perspectives on International Relations and World History||Global Politics|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Classical Political Philosophy||Modern Political Philosophy|
|Modern India Political Thought||Indian Political Thoughts|
Top Universities for Pursuing BA Political Science
If you’re planning a career in the political arena, be it national or international policy, then start by studying abroad at one of the world’s best universities for a BA in Political Science. This aid you with an adept understanding of different approaches and a critical understanding of the ongoing issues in world politics laying a solid foundation for a better future.
Below-listed is some of the popular institutions offering Political Science Courses:
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Yale University
- Sciences Po
- Harvard University
- Australian National University
- University of Ottawa
- University of Canberra
- Boston University
- University of Cambridge
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of Rochester
- Northwestern University
- How to Get Admission to London School of Economics
- Top 5 Countries to Look Out For Studying International Relations
B.A. in Political Science Fees
The overall cost for the three-year, 3,000–30,000 INR B.A. The poitical science program varies.
BA Political Science Jobs
|Job Profiles||Average Annual Salary|
|Budget Analyst||INR 6,50,000|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Manager||INR 5,87,228|
|Political Scientist||INR 6,00,000|
|Political Campaign Manager||INR 6,13,183|
|Market Researcher||INR 3,56,195|
Future Prospects after BA in Political Science
After completing their bachelor’s in Political Science, students can opt to study an MA in Political Science or choose to specialize in Government and International Politics, Conflict Analysis and Resolution, Public Policy, Global Studies, Public Administration, International Economics and Commercial Diplomacy, International Relations, E-Governance and Public Policy.
With a bachelor’s degree in Political Science, you can build a strong base to expand into other fields like Civil Services, Law, Political Scientist, Social Service, Journalism, Marketing, Teaching, etc. Some of the prominent career options for individuals aspiring to build a solid career in Political Science are:
- Policy Analyst
- Political Scientist
- Political Consultant
- Intelligence Analyst
- Journalist or Political Correspondent
- Public Relations Specialist
BA Political Science Scope
- After earning a BA in Political Science, one may decide to continue their study. There are other academic alternatives available, such as the MA in Political Science and the MA in International Relations.
- In addition to the conventional M.A. possibilities, law study offers an alternative. Politics majors who want to continue their education in law have the option of enrolling in a three-year LLB program.
- There are other options available as well, such as an MBA, following the course. There are other specializations available for the MBA as well. These include an MBA in Finance, an MBA in Human Resources, and an MBA in Marketing.
With global politics changing constantly, studying BA in Political Science is a fast-paced option for students wanting to build a career in Social Science and study the organization and government of society. If you want to help in choosing the right university which would best suit your career objectives, then you can reach out to us at Leverage Edu.