Do you aspire to plunge into the field of Education? Do you want to understand the process of development of education? If your answer was yes to the questions then there is nothing better than pursuing an MA Education (MA Edu). Intending to provide the students with a learning experience, this course imparts knowledge on the structures and concepts related to education, the different theories put forth by the famous educators, and various administrative processes. Through this blog, we will shed light on various components of the MA Edu course and explain what it entails. But before that, let us understand the difference between MEd and MA Edu.
This Blog Includes:
What is the Difference Between MEd and MA Education?
Some might use the terms MA Education and MEd interchangeably but these programs have different implications altogether in terms of how the course structure pans out over the duration. Listed below are some of the major differences between the two:
- While an MA Edu is a research-based degree just like a Master of Arts in History, Philosophy, English, etc, a Master of Education (M.Ed) is a professional program that is built on providing a comprehensive and integrated professional development in the field of education management.
- Further, MA Education is in itself a specialization program in the field of Arts but in M.Ed, you can choose from a number of specialization subjects.
- M.Ed can only be pursued when one has an undergraduate degree in B.Ed.
Also Read: What is education
MA Education: Program Details
Being a 1-2 year-long course, MA Education is a postgraduation course that hones the student’s skills so that they can create and implement education-related theories to develop the overall system and make it more competent and efficient. Apart from making the students adept in Pedagogy, Education Psychology, Value Education, Environmental Education, and Human Rights, it provides pupils with a platform to learn about socio-economic policies and how one can influence it to bring about necessary changes in the education sector. The curriculum of this program involves an in-depth study of subjects like:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- Philosophical and Sociological Foundation of Education
- Special Education
- Guidance and Counseling
- History and Contemporary Issues of Education
- Educational Administration and Management, etc.
Further, through various projects and seminars, the students are trained to use education as a tool to improve life, enhance its reach amongst the masses.
Also Read: Importance of education
Do you want to mould your career in such a way that you improve the chances of having a brighter future with a degree from one of the leading universities around the world? Then you can consider the below mentioned, carefully created list of top universities that not only provide good quality education but also focus on the overall development of the students through their MA Education program:
- University of Glasgow
- Harvard University
- The University of Sydney
- La Trobe University
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Northampton
- Monash University
- University of Canberra
- Leeds Beckett University
- University of Cambridge
- University of New South Wales
- The University of Newcastle
MA Education: Eligibility Criteria
Applying to a reputed university abroad requires one to be prepared with all the necessary documents to fulfil certain criteria of eligibility. Listed below are the prerequisites which one needs to satisfy to pursue MA Education:
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree preferably in the field of education apart from Senior secondary education or it’s equivalent from a recognized board with minimum qualifying marks.
- English Language Proficiency Test: IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score as per the requirement of the universities and the country seeking admission in. Some universities may also prescribe GRE scores which are calculated by the ETS.
- Attested documents such as the official academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution that you have attended.
- The candidate must submit a resume, Letter of Recommendation(LOR) and one Statement of Purpose(SOP)
- Proven evidence of the pertinent work experience as per the requirement of the university including the references.
With a plethora of flabbergasting and exciting opportunities available, MA Education is a gateway to pursue teaching and start a career in other school and college administration related areas. Following your masters, you can proceed by studying a doctorate-level course such as MPhil/PhD in Education. With this, you can become a researcher or an academician. However, if you want to kickstart your professional career then you can find ample opportunities in Non-Profit Organizations, Schools, Museums, Educational Policy-Making, Media and PR, and Consultancies. Listed below are some of the popular job profiles you can work after completing MA Education:
- Social Worker
- School Counsellor
- Educational Counsellor
- Special Educator
- Policy Analyst
Thus, pursuing an MA Education can open the door to innumerable opportunities across industries. If you want to study this course from study abroad destinations but find it a daunting task to choose a perfect university or you are having apprehensions regarding the admission process then team Leverage Edu understands your concerns and is here to resolve your issues. From curating a list of most suitable universities through our unique AI tool to completing the admission related formalities, the experts here will assist you throughout the process.