While Physics and Chemistry are compulsory subjects for students who wish to pursue a career in Non-Medical science, Biology is important for those who wish to work in the medical field. A combination of Biology, Physics and Chemistry, the BiPC subjects offer truckloads of career opportunities after 10+2. Not only can you pursue MBBS degree with BiPC subjects but you can also enrol in an honours degree in Physics, Chemistry, Botany or Zoology. Here is a blog that sheds light on all the important aspects of BiPC subjects.
Comprehensive Analysis of BiPC Subjects
Here is a breakdown of the different BiPC subjects:
Coined by Lamarck, Biology is simply the study of all types of living organisms. As a natural science field, It focuses on the vital life processes, organisation and occurrence of living creatures. There are many sub branches of biology, the most famous are; Zoology, Botany, and Microbiology. While Zoology is the study of the animal kingdom, Botany deals with the study of plant life. Microbiology, on the other hand, is the science of microorganisms.
Here is an exhaustive list of all the topics that you will come across while studying Biology in BiPC subjects:
- Diversity of Living Organisms: This covers the basics of living world, their biological classifications, salient features of plant and animal kingdom and their respective divisions.
- Cell Biology and Basics: It covers cell structure, cycles and divisions, prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, cell organelles and functions, and biomolecules classification.
- Structural organisation of plants and animals: The subject matter includes Morphology, Anatomy and functions of different systems in plants and animals.
- Human Physiology: It is the study of how human organs function both in health, and diseases. Digestion and absorption, respiration, blood circulation, excretion, types of movements, nervous system and human endocrine system are some of the few topics which you will read about.
- Plant Physiology: A subdivision of Botany and an important topic of BiPC Subjects, plant physiology is the science of how photosynthesis, mineral transportation and plant respiration help in the overall growth and development of plants.
- Reproduction: The modes, reproduction in flowering parts and humans, human reproductive systems, health awareness, prevention and methods of preventing STDs are some of the few topics which are broadly covered under this theme.
- Evolutionary Genetics: This introduces you to the principle of inheritance, chromosome theory, structure of DNA and RNA, Mendelian disorders, molecular basis of inheritance, DNA replication, packaging and fingerprinting.
- Human Health and Welfare: The primary objective of this topic is to familiarize you with types of diseases, disease-causing pathogens, immunology, microbes in human welfare, biofortification and biological methods of food production.
- Biotechnology: Another important aspect of BiPC Subjects, Biotechnology is the science of using biological systems or living organisms to produce technology for the welfare of humans. The subject matter includes biotechnology processes, its principles and applications.
- Environment and Ecology: It deals with the interaction of organisms with the environment, types of population interactions, biodiversity and its conservation, components of an Ecosystem, and key environmental issues.
Another natural science branch, Physics is the study of the observable components of the Universe. An important part of BiPC subjects, it broadly deals with the study of energy, matter and how they depend on each other. Biophysics, a newly emerging field is now becoming popular among students. It is an interdisciplinary branch which helps in solving Biology problems using Physics concepts. A sound knowledge of physics and biology will help you in pursuing this course.
Let us now look at some of the important topics included in physics under BiPC subjects:
- Rectilinear and Non-Rectilinear motion
- The three laws of motion
- Concepts of work, energy and power
- Thermodynamics and its laws
- Gravitational Concepts
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Basic concepts of electricity and magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves, Induction and Alternating Currents
- Communication Systems and Electronic Devices
Chemistry has immense importance in the medical field. From understanding the chemical composition and improving potency of drugs to disease diagnosis and genome sequencing, knowledge of this subject helps in the overall development of medical science. An integral part of BiPC subjects, a sound knowledge in Chemistry will open up doors to careers in fields like Marine Biology, Biochemistry, and Genetics.
Below is a list of important topics covered in Chemistry:
- Element classification and properties
- Chemical bonds, their types and properties
- Biomolecules, Polymers, and Hydrocarbons
- Structure of Atoms and Molecules
- Redox Reactions and Chemical Kinetics
- States of Matter
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- s-, p-, d-, f-block Elements and their Properties
- Organic and Inorganic Chemistry
- Electro, Surface, and Environmental Chemistry
- Ethers, Alcohols, and Phenols
- Ketones, Carboxylic acids, and Aldehydes
- Types and Properties of Solutions
If you need any help in exploring career opportunities with BiPC subjects, then you can get in touch with team Leverage Edu where the mentors and counsellors will guide you in pursuing the right career.