Good teachers possess the magic of transforming people into the best version of themselves. The profession of Teaching is lucrative and highly rewarding. Teacher Training Course (TTC) is a prerequisite if you want to opt for teaching as a career option. TTC course is offered in different categories and trains students for teaching at primary, secondary and post-secondary educational institutions. Through this blog, we will be exploring the varied range of TTC provided around the world and the career opportunities you can avail yourself of after attaining a teaching certificate.
Explore Primary Teaching Courses
This Blog Includes:
- Course Overview
- Eligibility Criteria
- List of TTC Courses
- Description of TTC Courses
- TTC Courses: Special Programs
- Yoga TTC Course
- TTC Courses Admission Process
- Duration of the Course
- Curriculum and Syllabus
- Fee Structure
- Top Universities Offering TTC Courses
- Top Institutes & Colleges in India
- Online Courses
- Udemy Courses on TTC
- Distance Education
- Scope of TTC Course
- Teaching Opportunities Abroad
TTC is a teacher training certificate programme for anyone interested in pursuing a career in education. Teachers are in high demand in both the public and commercial sectors these days. Choose TTC if you want to be successful in your career as a teacher. TTC is a globally recognised programme that teaches all of the necessary information and abilities to become a teacher. It is a government-designed model for students who are unable to pursue a bachelor’s degree in education. In plain terms, if you are unable to obtain a teaching position due to a lack of a degree such as a BEd, you should pursue the TTC course. The TTC course will teach the applicant about current teaching methods, various guidance and teaching strategies, child management, and many other topics. Furthermore, this course gives a novel notion for developing a new model as well as a unique way for engaging your students in the research.
- To pursue a TTC Course, a candidate must have finished their 10+2 from a recognised board, university, or college.
- A applicant is regarded eligible if he or she has a minimum score of 45% or above.
- If the candidate belongs to a reserved caste or tribal caste, or is physically challenged, they must have a minimum score of 40%.
- The minimal eligibility scores may differ depending on the college or university. As a result, it’s critical to double-check each college’s information before applying.
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score as per the requirement of the particular university or the country of their choice.
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts and other necessary documents.
List of TTC Courses
Here are all the TTC Courses you can do:
- Basic Training Certificate Course (BTC)
- Nursery Training Course (NTC)
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Primary Training Certificate Course (PTC)
- Master of Education (MEd or Ed.M)
Description of TTC Courses
As the demand for quality education is gaining pace, it has become mandatory in many places for a teacher to have a master’s degree. Here are some TTC courses that you can consider.
|Basic Training Certificate Course (BTC)||A Basic Training Certificate course is a 2-year program for those planning to teach primary classes at public and private schools.|
|Nursery Training Course (NTC)||For teaching nursery and kindergarten classes, you need to have an NTT certificate. A bachelor’s degree is required to get this certificate.|
|Bachelor of Education (BEd)||B. Ed is a more professional and intensive degree that you might need if you are planning to teach at a secondary and senior secondary level.|
|Primary Training Certificate Course (PTC)||This is another certificate you can obtain to teach primary classes anywhere. These days it is important for a teacher to have a master’s degree in order to apply for a PTC.|
|Master of Education (MEd or Ed.M)||Offered as a 2-year programme, Master of Education is an ideal course for those planning to work in the research arena of the educational sector. Students can take up a specific specialisation to gain expertise in and get to study several interdisciplinary areas in detail like, school psychology, curriculum and instruction, counselling, to name a few.|
TTC Courses: Special Programs
While pursuing a TTC course, some of the candidates tend to opt for specialising in fields that are distinct from the common ones like English, Mathematics, etc. Listed below are some of the popular fields or special programs in which candidates can pursue a TTC course-
- Mass media and distance education
- Non-formal education
- Primary education
- Educational psychology
- Multigrade teaching
- Value education among others
- Girls’ education
- Education for backward classes
- Methods of teaching subjects at primary level such as value education
- Principles of education and school organisation
Yoga TTC Course
A Yoga TTC Course is specifically designed for teachers who are working in government and private schools. It is designed to train them for yoga in the school. It is usually a one-month course and the calendar is fixed by the committee members from time to time. After the end of the month, there is a test taken for these teachers. Those who pass it receive a certification to teach yoga in their respective schools. Several institutes teach yoga TTC courses. Some of them are:
- Yoga Alliance
- Amritam Yoga Alliance
- World Peace Yoga School
- Yog Amritam
- Sarvgun Yoga
TTC Courses Admission Process
The TTC Course admission process includes filling a form of submission before the due date. You must read the eligibility criteria and terms before filling the application. You will need the following documents:
- Marksheet of your previous class
- Passport size photograph
- ID proof
Duration of the Course
The duration of TTC courses also differs and varies between 1-year diplomas and certificate courses to 3-year bachelor’s degree and 2-year master’s degree programmes.
Recommended Read: Diploma in Elementary Education
Curriculum and Syllabus
The syllabus for a TTC course mainly comprises of varied disciplines revolving around learning and education, teaching methodologies, grading and assessment, curriculum design, amongst others. It will depend on the type of TTC course you are pursuing whether for elementary, primary or secondary level. Some of the commonly included subjects in a teacher training course are:
- Educational Psychology
- Subject specializations such as Mathematics, English, Social Science, Science, etc.)
- Pedagogy and Teaching methods
- Child Development
- Value Education
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Principles of Education
- Multi-grade teaching
Check-Out: Early Childhood Education
When it comes to having an estimate of how much it will cost you in pursuing TTC course, candidates can take a sigh of relief as the majority of the TTC courses in India are pocket friendly.
|Government Schools||INR 8-10K|
|Private Schools||INR 20K|
Top Universities Offering TTC Courses
There are numerous universities offering courses in Teaching around the world. According to the Times Higher Education Ranking, some of the best universities to study Teaching courses are:
|Stanford University||Stanford Teacher Education Program (STEP)
[For Elementary and Secondary Education)
|Harvard University||Master of Education (Ed.M)|
|University of Hong Kong||Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)|
|University of Oxford||MSc in Teacher Education|
|University of California Berkeley||Undergraduate Minor in Education (UME)MA/PhD|
|The University of Queensland||BEd (Primary)|
|George Washington University||Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction|
|University of Warwick||BASc Education Studies and Global Sustainable Development|
|University of Delaware||MEd in Literacy|
|University of Glasgow||PGDE Education (Primary/Secondary)|
|The University of Sydney||BEd Early Childhood|
|Technical University of Munich||MEd Research on Teaching and Learning|
|University of Pennsylvania||Education, Culture, and Society M.S.Ed.|
Note: This is a general list. The course or university mentioned is in no way restricted. These universities also offer other types of TTC courses.
Top Institutes & Colleges in India
Along with the aforementioned global universities, there are many specialised institutes and colleges in India that offer TTC courses and some of these are:
- Mahaveer Institute of Technology, Uttar Pradesh
- Adarsh College of Education, Himachal Pradesh
- Bhagwan Buddha Primary Teachers Education College, Bihar
- District Institute for Education and Training, Uttarakhand
- Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Mahavidyalaya, Uttar Pradesh
- Kumaranasan Smaraka Teacher Training Institute, Kerala
- Motilal Nehru Degree College, Uttar Pradesh
- Swami Vivekanand College for Professional Studies, Rajasthan
- Vivekanand College of Education, Maharashtra
Check Out: BEd in Special Education
Several institutes offer TTC Online Courses for distance education. There are different diploma and certificate courses offered on different platforms. Here are some of the online courses that you can apply for:
|Certificate in Pre and Primary
|INR 12,000||6 months|
|Montessori Teacher Training Course||Certificate: INR 12000
Diploma: INR 18000
|International Teaching Diploma||INR 35,000||3 months/
|Asian College of Teachers –
Online Teacher Training Courses
To help you out with some reputable online TTC courses, below we have devised a list of the ones offered by Intesolindia-
- Certificate in Pre Primary and Primary Teacher Training
- Diploma in Pre Primary and Primary Teacher Training
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pre Primary and Primary Teacher Training
- School Administration and Management
- Classroom Learning Disabilities and Special Needs
- Montessori Teacher Training Course
- Nursery Teacher Training Course
Udemy Courses on TTC
Here is a list of TTC Courses available on Udemy:
- Pilates Teacher Training Certification
- Professional Accredited Yoga Teacher Training Diploma Course
- TEFL Essentials: Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- The Complete Train the Trainer Bootcamp (Part 2): All Levels
Several institutes offer TTC Courses for distance learning. There are different diploma and certificate courses offered on different platforms. Here are some of the distance education courses that you can apply for:
|Teacher Training Distance Education – ACT||140 hours||Read Here|
|Distance Learning Early Childhood Education Course||1 year||Read Here|
|IGNOU||6 months- 1.6 years||Read More|
Scope of TTC Course
“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge”— Albert Einstien. Teaching is a responsibility that a person undertakes to mould and shape society. It is a teacher who produces intellectuals, leaders, and influencers. Teaching is considered to be one of the noblest professions in the world. A teacher plays a role in nation-building.
- After finishing your TTC course, you can apply at any school for Teaching profiles.
- But before applying, you need to check the eligibility criteria of the region you are applying for.
- A TTC course pursued in one region may not hold validity in another region. Detailed research about the courses and validation can prove helpful.
- Moreover, a teacher with a TTC course can earn 4-5 lakhs INR per year.
Teaching Opportunities Abroad
Teaching can be a challenging job but it is equally adventurous. Getting an opportunity to teach abroad is something that most of us dream about. There are dozens of countries with an immense number of teaching opportunities. Some of the countries that have the highest regard for teachers and pay a handsome salaries include Japan, Hong Kong, Ireland, etc. Many other countries like the US and UK are also great destinations for Teaching professionals. If you have attained certification after successfully completing a TTC course, you can start applying for teaching profiles abroad and avail yourself the exciting opportunities in this career on an international level.
Need help with your teaching resume? Read our exclusive blog on Career Objective for Teacher!
Every year, the state government offers online applications for preferred applicants to apply for the TTC course, which must be completed before the deadline. After the application is approved, the candidate is given information about the entrance exam.
This course is available in a variety of formats, including traditional, distance education, correspondence, and online teacher training.
To become a teacher, you must follow the below procedure:
Enrol in teacher training programs
Participate in student teaching exams
Do research for various colleges that offered education-related programs
The TTC Course is usually 2 years long and the delivery method of the course will be completely online.
Yes! As per the new National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) rule, students can now directly apply for BEd programs. After TTC, B. Ed is strongly suggested if you wish to advance in your teaching career.
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with all the details you need to know about a TTC course. Selecting the right Teaching program can be a complicated task and that’s where Leverage Edu experts can guide you in choosing the right TTC course that fits your ambitions and interests and helps you delve deeper into the highly responsible profession of a Teacher.