The health sector is one of the most important industries which plays a pivotal role in shaping the economy of a country. Apart from doctors, the demand for paramedics, who function as the backbone of any medical industry, is also high. Referred to as the “allied health forces”, paramedics offer assistance to doctors, deal with emergency situations, and perform other technical roles. So, if you are looking for courses in Biology after 12th except for MBBS, then this article on paramedical courses list can be beneficial for you!
This Blog Includes:
What is a Paramedic Course?
Paramedics, which includes professionals like nurses, pharmacologists, therapists, and physicians are the allied health forces that assist a doctor right from taking blood samples to suturing wounds to running lab tests. With a vast curriculum and job opportunities, you can choose to specialize in any of the offered fields. The average salary after Paramedical courses in India is 18,000 INR per month for entry-level technician profile and go further up to 50,000 INR per month. The paramedical courses list, which has been bifurcated into diploma, bachelor’s, and masters level programs have been given a rundown in the subsequent sections!
Paramedical Courses After 12th
There is a wide range of paramedical courses after 12th Medical and Non-medical which students can choose from. Here are the top Paramedical Courses after 12th:
|BSc Radiology||3 years||INR 2 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs|
|BSc in Audiology and Speech Therapy||3 years||INR 4-5 Lakhs|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||3-5 years||INR 4 Lakhs|
|BSc Ophthalmic Technology||3 years||INR 2 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs|
|Bachelor/BSc in OTT |
(Operation Theater Technology)
|3-5 years||INR 4 Lakhs|
|B.Sc (Respiratory Therapy Technology)||3 years||INR 2 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs|
|B.Sc in Dialysis Therapy||3 years||INR 1 Lakhs to 2 Lakhs|
|BSc Nursing||4 years||INR 1 Lakhs to 2 Lakhs|
|BNYS Course |
(Bachelor of Naturopathy
and Yogic Sciences)
|5 years||INR 1 Lakhs to 2 Lakhs|
|Diploma in Physiotherapy||2 years||INR 1 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs|
Paramedical Courses after 10th
There are various diploma and certificate paramedical courses after 10th for students aiming to pursue a career in paramedics fields. Here are the most popular Paramedical courses after 10th:
|Diploma in Ayurvedic Nursing||1 year||INR 50,000 to 1 Lakhs|
|Diploma in Medical Record Technology||2 years||INR 2 Lakhs|
|Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant||1 – 2 years||INR 1.5 – 2 Lakh|
|Diploma in X-Ray Technology||2 years||INR 2 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs|
|MRI Technician (Certificate)||3 months to 1 year||INR 60,000|
|Certificate in Home Based Health Care||6 months to 2 years||INR 20,000-30,000|
|Diploma in Dialysis Techniques||2 years||INR 55,000|
|Diploma in Rural Health Care||1 year||INR 2 Lakhs|
|Home Health Aide (HHA)||4 months||INR 2,000 to 5,000|
Paramedical Courses Admissions 2020
Here is an overview of Paramedical courses admissions 2020:
- Visit the official website of your chosen university or college and go through the admission requirements of your chosen paramedical course.
- The applications of Paramedical courses admissions mainly opens in July or August every year. Candidates can fill the application form online along with fee payment and then proceed towards uploading the required documents.
- You might also be required to qualify certain exams to apply for Paramedical courses in India such as NEET UG & PG, AIIMS, MHT-CET, Occupational English Test, etc. Many universities also shortlist candidates based on the merit list.
Many colleges in India have their own medical entrance exams for paramedical courses and these exams have been mentioned in the next section.
NEET UG & PG
As a prominent entrance exam for medical programs, NEET is readily accepted by Indian as well as international medical schools. However, there are some medical courses without NEET which you can easily pursue. NEET UG is conducted in May every year with the registration process beginning in January, while on the other hand, NEET-PG is organised in January, and registration opens in the month of August in the previous year.
If you are aiming to apply for paramedical courses at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, then it is important to qualify for the AIIMS exam which is conducted in the month of May with the registration window opening in February.
For those planning to study Paramedical courses like BSc Nursing, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, etc from institutes situated in Maharashtra, MHT-CET is an important entrance exam to qualify.
Occupational English Test
For those who wish to start their career in the healthcare sector in English speaking nations, clearing the OET exam is necessary. It is an English language assessment test which evaluates the Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking skills of the candidates.
Paramedical Courses List: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements for pursuing a program from the Paramedical courses list will differ as per the program and university you have chosen. However, some of the general requirements have been given a rundown below:
- You must have passed higher secondary education, i.e. 12th with BiPC Subjects from any recognized board with minimum marks specified by the university to pursue undergraduate courses.
- In order to apply for a master’s degree, you must have completed your graduation in any discipline in the Science stream.
- For PhD level courses, a master’s degree is the prerequisite. Work and research experience might also be asked for.
If you are planning to study Paramedical courses abroad, you need to submit English proficiency scores of any of the exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or Cambridge Board. Moreover, a Statement of Purpose (SOP), as well as Letters of Recommendation (LORs), are required at the time of application.
The Ultimate Paramedical Courses List
Apart from the courses mentioned above, here is a complete list of Paramedical courses in India and abroad:
Paramedical Courses after 10th
- General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
- Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery (ANM)
- Diploma in Radiology
- Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Rural Health Care
- Diploma in Community Health Care
- Diploma in Orthopaedics
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Dermatology
- Diploma in Clinical Research
- Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
- Diploma in OT Technician
- Certificate in Research Methodology
- Certificate in Lab Assistant/Technician
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant
- Certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant
- Certificate in Dental Assistant
- Certificate in ECG and CT Scan Technician
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
- Certificate in Nutrition and Childcare
- Certificate in Rural Health Care
- Certificate in Home-Based Health Care
Paramedical Courses After 12th
- BSc (Hons) Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Paramedical Science
- BSc in Operation Theatre Technology
- BSc in Cardiac Technology
- BSc in Physician Assistant
- BSc in Medical Imaging Technology
- BSc in Medical Lab Technology
- BSc in Anesthesia
- BSc in Medical Record Technology
- BSc in Cardiovascular Technology
- BSc in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- BSc in Neurophysiology Technology
- BSc in Dialysis Technology
- BSc in Ophthalmic Technology
- BSc in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- BSc in Occupational Therapy
- BSc in Radiology
- BSc in Radiography
- BSC Optometry
- Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Health in Paramedicine (Hons)
Paramedical Courses After Graduation
- PG Diploma in Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion
- PG Diploma in Anesthesiology
- PG Diploma in Child Health
- PG Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis
- Master of Paramedic Science
- Master of Paramedic Practitioner
- Master in Physiotherapy
- MS/MSc in Community Health Nursing
- MS/MSc in Medical Lab Technology
- MS/MSc in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing
- MS/MSc in Pediatric Nursing
- MS/MSc in Child Health Nursing
- MS/MSc in Psychiatric Nursing
- MD in Pathology
- MD in Anaesthesia
- MD in Radiodiagnosis
- PhD in Paramedical Science
- PhD (Integrated) in Paramedical Science
B.Sc. in OTT (Operation Theater Technology)
As the name suggests this course looks at specializing in operation theatre technologies. If you plan to get a degree in this course it will help you in developing a deeper understanding of how the operation theatre in a hospital works right from operating machinery to assisting a doctor in surgical performances.
This course looks at the technical aspects of how the machinery in the hospital works. Upon completion, you will be adept in operating machines like M.R.I and C.T. scans and will be able to examine the reports comprehensively.
B.Sc. in Audiology and Speech Therapy
This course specializes in communication disorders. Audiologists identify, measure and examine hearing disorders. Speech therapists and speech-language pathologists work together to determine the sources of communication problems and coordinate programs of rehabilitation. Graduates from this course can work in hospitals, rehabilitation centres, NGOs, etc.
Diploma in Rural Health Care
This course looks at the sanitation, first aid and other medical facilities in rural areas. This course aims at educating students about basic health facilities and handling an emergency situation in poorly developed areas.
Diploma in Community Health Care
This course deals with providing healthcare and other medical facilities to certain communities or population. This course is somewhat similar to a diploma in rural health care. This course prepares you to deal with medical emergencies on a large scale and in providing assistance for the same.
Universities Offering Paramedical Courses
There are a number of medical colleges and universities that offer paramedical courses but it’s important to choose a college that is best known for this field. Tabulated below are some of the leading names in the list of academic institutions when it comes to pursuing paramedical courses:
|Auckland University of Technology||Diploma in Paramedic Science|
|TAFE Queensland||Diploma of Anaesthetic Technology|
|University of Southampton||BSc Cardiac Physiology|
|University of Pennsylvania||BSc Nursing|
|Monash University||Bachelor of Occupational Therapy|
|Flinders University||Bachelor of Paramedics Science|
|University of Hertfordshire||BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science|
|University College Dublin||MSc Emergency Medical Science|
|Cardiff University||MSc Radiography|
|Edith Cowan University||Graduate Certificate – Critical Care Paramedicine|
|University of Leicester||MSc/PG Cert Cancer Molecular Pathology and Therapeutics|
|University of Delaware||MS in Clinical Exercise Physiology|
|University of Nottingham||PGDip Nutritional Sciences|
Other Universities to Consider
- Indiana University, USA
- University of East Anglia, UK
- La Trobe University, Australia
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- Griffith University, Australia
- The University of Western Australia
- Birmingham City University, UK
- Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- St. George’s University of London, UK
Hence, choosing a program from the ones mentioned in the paramedical courses list above, you can avail the immense career scope that this field has to offer! It might be tricky to choose the best college and course for yourself but with the assistance of the counsellors at Leverage Edu, you can undertake the psychometric and brainstorming sessions that will help you in coming to an informed decision about your career.