NEET PG is a widely accepted entrance exam for MD/MS and PG Diploma courses across the country. It is held annually by NBE (National Board of Examinations). The ranking you get in this exam is also considered in post-MBBS DNB courses. It is conducted in an online mode. Every year ten thousands of aspirants apply for this exam. For the candidates preparing for a career in medical science, here is a blog which aims to shed light on the details regarding NEET PG.
Must Read: Medical Courses Without NEET
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduate Courses (NEET PG)|
|Competent Authority||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam for Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Test Duration||210 Minutes|
|Number of Test Cities||162 Cities in India|
|Courses Offered||MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB post-MBBS|
|Exam Date||18 April 2021|
|Exam Helpline Number||011-45593000|
This Blog Includes:
NEET PG News
Here are important news that you must know about the upcoming NEET PG Exam:
1st March 2021:
National Board of Examination has shared the list of test centres for NEET PG exam. While submitting their online application, students can choose the city in which they wish to take the test. Find below the official notice of National Board of Examinations New Delhi:
NEET PG 2021: Important Dates
We have tabulated below all the important dates related to the NEET PG 2021. You must check it out, so that you do not miss out on anything important.
|Availability of Information Bulletin||From 23th February 2021|
|Application Form||From 23th February 2021|
|Last date to fill the application form||15 March 2021|
|Correction Window||19th March 2021 to 21st March 2021|
|Final Edit Window to rectify Incorrect Images||2nd April 2021 to 4th April 2021|
|NEET PG 2021 admit card||12th April 2021|
|Exam Date||18 April 2021|
|Announcement of Result||31st May 2021|
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for NEET PG 2021 need to be eligible in the following criteria before applying for it. You can have a look at the eligibility criteria for NEET PG over here:
- Aspirants should have an MBBS degree / Provisional Pass Certificate recognised as per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- They should also have a permanent / provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- They must have completed the duration of internship on or before 31st March, 2021.
- Aspirants found ineligible at any stage will not be permitted to take the exam or appear for counselling.
- The result or candidature of ineligible candidates will be cancelled.
How to Register for NEET PG Exam?
Before you fill the application form of your exam, you need to register yourself in the exam. Follow the instructions to register yourself for NEET PG Exams:
- Go to www.nbe.edu.in.
- Click on NEET 2021 PG Exam.
- Click on ‘New Registration’ where you will be directed to register for the exam.
- Here, you need to fill the following details:
- Name of Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- One you have successfully registered, you will receive an email and an SMS of your Login ID and password.
How to fill NEET PG Application?
You can submit your application to the National Board of Examinations by 15th March 2021 11:55pm. You can apply at www.nbe.edu.in.
- Fill the registration form and you will receive a Login ID and Password.
- You will receive your login ID and password on your Email ID and Phone.
- Fill the application form by logging into your ID.
- Upload your photograph, signature and thumb impressions.
- Choose your test city
- Make the payment
- You will receive the application that you must then print out and use for further use.
NEET PG Admit Card
Your admit card will be made available on www.nbe.edu.in on 12th April 2021. Admit cards will only be issued to students who are eligible for the exam. Here are the details you must know about your admit card:
- You will be informed via email and SMS when you receive your admit card, however, you won’t receive it through mail or post.
- You are required to affix your latest passport size photograph on your admit card which should be minimum 35*45mm and not bigger than the box given in the admit card.
- The photograph must be coloured with a white background.
- You must take your admit card to the exam centre.
NEET PG Exam Centres
NEET PG 2021 will be conducted in 255 cities across . Check out the Exam Centres for Year 2020-21:
NEET PG Exam Day Schedule
On the day of the exam, you need to follow certain procedures that will guide you through the exam. The exam will held on 2PM.However, students need to arrive at least 2 hours early to complete the requirements:
|Allow students to enter the examination centre||12:00 PM|
|Commence Registration for the Test||1:30 PM|
|Entry Closed for Examination Centre||1:45 PM|
|Grant Login Access||1: 50 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||1:50 PM|
|Exam Start Time||2 PM|
|Exam End Time||5:30 PM|
NEET PG 2021 Result
NEET PG results will be declared on 31st May 2021 and will be made available to all the students who have applied for the exam. You can download your score card on www.nbe.edu.in using your login details. The results will only be valid for the current admission session i.e. 2021.
It is important to note that there will be no re-evaluation/ re-checking/ re-totalling of the marks once results are declared.
NEET PG Counselling and Cut Offs
Only the students who qualify for the exam will be eligible for counselling. Students must have following cut offs for counselling:
|SC/ ST/ OBC (Including PWD of SC/ ST/ OBC)||40th percentile|
|UR PWD||45th percentile|
It is important to know all the important details about the exam you are going to attempt. Tabulated below is some general information about the NEET PG 2021.
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Medium of the Exam||English|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Questions||300|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s|
The syllabus of the NEET PG 2021 is divided into preclinical subjects and para clinical subjects and then further into clinical subjects. They are mentioned below:
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Medicine Dermatology and Venereology
- Surgery, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia,
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Must Read: Are NCERT Books Enough for NEET?
Knowing the marking scheme by heart is very helpful in acing your exam. Ta:bulated below is the marking scheme which is followed for the NEET PG 2021. Have a look here
|Subject||Number of Questions||Mark Weightage|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25||100|
|General Medicine Including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45||180|
|General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia and Radio diagnosis||45||180|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30||120|
Allocation for each MCQ marks are given below:
|Correct Response||4 marks|
|Unattempted Question||0 deduction|
Online registration for NEET PG 2021 is expected to begin by the last week of January 2021. The dates will be released soon by NBE.
NEET PG 2021 will be conducted only once in a year.
Yes. According to official information in the brochure of NEET PG 2021, all appearing candidates must have a valid and updated Aadhaar card.
Yes. You will need the score card while applying for NEET PG 2021 first round of counselling.
Explore: Courses after MBBS You Must Consider
We hope that this blog has provided you with all the necessary information about the NEET PG 2021 exam. If you are worried about which direction to head in to make a career in medical science, then contact our career experts at Leverage Edu and they will guide you about the right career choices. Enroll for a free session today.