In this modern world, Science and Medicine have acquired a new form where you have a different specialist for every part of the human anatomy. The human heart is the most important organ thus we have an intense branch of medicine dedicated to it and these specialists are called Cardiologists. But cardiologists are not the only component of this vast field. There are others who play a significant role in this field and one amongst them are Cardiac Technologists who assist the physicians in everything starting from diagnosis to treatment. Want to know how to become one? Read this detailed blog on BSc Cardiac Technology or BSc Cardiovascular Technology is a popular course and find out!
This Blog Includes:
- What is BSc Cardiac Technology or BSc Cardiovascular Technology ?
- BSc Cardiac Technology: Subjects
- Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for BSc Cardiovascular Technology
- BSc Cardiac Technology Colleges in India
- Top Universities for BSc In Cardiac Technology
- Scope/Jobs and Salary after BSc Cardiac Technology
What is BSc Cardiac Technology or BSc Cardiovascular Technology ?
BSc Cardiac Technology is a 3 year undergraduate full-time course in cardiology divided over six semesters. A Cardiac technologist assists the cardiologist in everything relating to the diagnosis and treatment of heart related and vascular conditions. In this course, the students will be trained in the work related to use and maintenance of equipment required for cardiovascular testing. therefore, making it a practical skill based intensive course. By the end of this course students will have all the technical skills required for working in all cardiovascular diagnosis and therapeutic procedures.
BSc Cardiac Technology: Subjects
In this 3 year undergraduate course students will receive both theoretical and practical knowledge of various scientific and anatomical aspects related to the field of medicine. The major subjects covered by a Bsc in Cardiovascular Technology are given below:
1st Year Subjects
- Human Anatomy
- Pathology including Clinical Pathology
- Haematology and Blood Banking
2nd Year Subjects
- Pharmacology pertaining to Cardiac Care Technology
- Applied Pathology
- Applied Pharmacology
- Introduction to Cardiac Care technology
- Applied Microbiology
3rd Year Subjects
- Cardiac Care Technology – Clinical
- Cardiac Care Technology- Applied
- Cardiac Care Technology – Advanced
Must Read: List of Paramedical Courses
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for BSc Cardiovascular Technology
To be eligible to do a BSc in Cardiac Technology, the candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criterias:
- The basic requirement to be eligible for a BSc in Cardiovascular Technology is that the recognised board. The candidates must have taken up physics, chemistry and biology.student must have completed acquired 10+2 education in science stream from a
- The candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in class 12th.
- Apart from this, some colleges might have additional selection criterias like entrance examination, group discussions and interviews. So, actual entrance requirements vary from college to college.
- If you are planning to study abroad, you must have qualified any one of their language proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL for English speaking countries.
If you fulfill all the above mentioned criterias, you can apply for a BSc in technology from the official page of the university/college where you wish to take admission.
There are two ways through which a candidate can secure admission into a college offering a course in BSc Cardiac Technology.
- Merit Basis – If you have showcased commendable performance in your class 12th board exams then you are eligible to apply through this method. The college will announce a cut-off percentage and if you have scored more than the cut-off you can get admission through the merit list.
- Entrance Basis – In this. you will have to clear the entrance exams and interviews that a college conducts in order to get admitted into a course in BSc Cardiac Technology.
BSc Cardiac Technology Colleges in India
There are many top universities/colleges across India which offer a course in Cardiovascular Technology. Given below is a list of such colleges in india from where you can choose one for yourself.
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Frontier Lifeline Hospital, Chennai
- Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur
- Geetanjali University, Udaipur
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research – JIPMER, Puducherry
- KLE University, Belgaun
- M.M.M College of Health Sciences, Chennai
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences – MGMIHS, Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute, Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Sri Jay Deva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Mysore
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
Must Read: BSc Neurophysiology Technology
Top Universities for BSc In Cardiac Technology
If you are planning to pursue a BSc in Cardiac Technology from abroad, then there are some top universities which offer a course in the same:
|Rutgers University – New Brunswick, New Jersey||60%|
|Harper College, Palatine||100%|
|Florida Southwestern State College||100%|
|Southeast Technical Institute, Sioux Falls||100%|
|Molloy college, New York||81%|
|New York University, New York||20%|
|Orange Coast College, California||100%|
|Piedmont College, Demorest||60%|
|University of South Carolina, Columbia||63%|
Scope/Jobs and Salary after BSc Cardiac Technology
After completing your BSc Cardiovascular Technology , you will find yourself in a world full of opportunities. Some major career options available to a BSc in Cardiac Technology are given below:
|Job Profile||Average Starting Salary (per annum)|
|Lecturer||3 – 6 Lakhs|
|Cardiovascular Technologist||6 – 9 Lakhs|
|Assistant to a Cardiologist||7.5 – 8.5 Lakhs|
|Echo Cardiographer||5 – 10 Lakhs|
|Cath Lab Technician||6 – 9 Lakhs|
- Cardiovascular Technologist – The position of a Cardiovascular Technology is one of the best career options to take after a BSc in Cardiac Technology. They specialize in diagnosing and assisting the physician in the treatment of cardiovascular ailments. Other than that, a Cardiovascular Technologist also needs to give first aid to emergency cases of heart conditions like Heart Attack.
- Assistant to Cardiologist – In this role, you have to act as the right hand man of the Cardiologist. You will have to assist the physician in every Cardiovascular related procedure, starting from diagnosis to treatment. And this role involves a constant monitoring of a patient’s condition during post and pre operation days.
- Echo Cardiographer – An Echo Cardiographer, deals with the test called Echocardiogram. It’s basically an ultrasound of the heart. The Echo Cardiographer has a thorough understanding of the working of a human heart and uses that knowledge to diagnose heart patients and prepare them for surgery.
- Lecturer – This doesn’t actually need any explanation as it’s quite obvious. Basically, you become like your professors who taught you in college and teach students in all subjects relating to Cardiovascular Technology.
- Cath Lab Technician – This particular career field relates to the management of medical labs. You can open your own lab or work for a laboratory in conducting medical examinations and it’s diagnosis.
Check out – Perfusion Technology Courses
This is all that you need to know about BSc in Cardiovascular Technology. If you have any more queries regarding the same you can contact our Leverage Edu experts who will guide you through the entire process starting from choosing the right college and securing admission there. So, sign up for a free session now.