This year has taught us the value of health care workers, who are the real life heroes. One of the most noble occupations and a booming career is Medicine, so there is never a decline in demand for doctors or medical practitioners. There are a variety of courses that you can take to enter the medical profession. BSc in renal dialysis is one such course. This blog covers all facets of this course, so keep reading.
This Blog Includes:
About BSc Renal Dialysis
The program is structured to train students, under the supervision of a nurse or physician, to administer hemodialysis treatments to patients with renal failure. This curriculum also involves in-depth instruction in basic anatomy and physiology, preparation of dialysis, analysis of prescription dialysis, set-up and maintenance of extracorporeal circuits and dialyzers, patient preparation, supervision of equipment, administration of venipuncture and local anesthesia, taking vital signs, recording and communication, protection and sanitation, emergency intervention, Cardiac Care Technology, Respiratory Care Technology, Dialysis Technology, Imaging Sciences Technology, Clinical Medical Lab are typically subjects studied under this grade. Technology et cetera.
Applicants who have qualified 10+2 as primary subjects with a minimum aggregate score of 60 percent in classes X and XII with Physics, Chemistry & either of Biology and Biology/ Math are eligible to apply for the course. However, this percentage criterion might differ across institutes. Apart from this, language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE are essential to pursue this course from global universities.
Must Read: Paramedical Course List
Admission Process for BSC in Renal Dialysis in Abroad
Here is the admission process to study this course from abroad:
- Collect all your documents including transcripts, language proficiency scores, subject proficiency scores and others as stated by the university you are applying for.
- Complete the application mode before the admission deadlines
- Wait for the acceptance letter
- Apply for the VISA
Looking for help to apply for BSc Renal Dialysis from abroad? Connect with Leverage Edu experts!
Admission process for BSc in Renal Dialysis in India
Admission to the course is possible by any of the following two methods:
- Examination Pathway: UPESEAT admissions for up to 80 percent of the seats. In addition to a minimum aggregate score of 60 percent at the Higher & Senior Secondary levels (classes X and XII), with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as the primary subjects at the Senior Secondary level, this mode of admission requires a JEE Mains qualification. After the declaration of the JEE Mains results, the JEE Mains cutoff is declared.
- Non-Examination Pathway: Board Merit / JEE Mains Score for up to 20 percent of the sea admissions. With Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as the main subjects, this style of admission includes a minimum aggregate score of 80 percent at the Higher & Senior Secondary levels (classes X and XII).
Admission is based on the university level therapy round based on the candidate’s score in the UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT).
Colleges Offering BSc Renal Dialysis in India
- AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
- JSS University
- Jamia Hamdard University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Manipal University
Top Universities Offering Related Courses
Here are the top universities offering courses related to Renal Dialysis:
- University of Newcastle
- Mercer University
- Lawrence Technological University
- University of Bradford
- Nyack College
- Wingate University
The accumulation of unnecessary waste and fluids in the blood that Dialysis Technicians help eliminate during the use of a dialysis system results in renal failure, or kidney disease. Dialysis technicians must have a clear understanding of how the dialysis system operates with the human body and communicates with it. They are also responsible for washing the dialysis system and sterilizing it.
Dialysis Technicians perform numerous other activities under the direction of nurses and physicians, including prior to, during, and after dialysis, recording patient information and assessing the vital signs of a patient. These technicians must recognize and follow all safety measures and have a comprehensive knowledge of HIV and hepatitis prevention because they come into contact with blood.
With the corresponding salaries given for the respective positions, some of the common professional avenues open to such graduates are listed below.
|Job position||Average Annual Salary|
|Nephrologist||INR 27,00,000 to 28,23,000|
|Dialysis Therapist||INR 2,42,000 to 3,44,000|
|Clinical Coordinator||INR 3,80,00 to 4,45,000|
|Medical Technician||INR 2,06,200 to 3,23,00|
|Dialysis Technician||INR 2,40,000 to 3,30,000|
|Lecturer||INR 3,10,000 to 4,00,000|
All in all, a Renal Dialysis Technician establishes, evaluates, operates and troubleshoots dialysis machines, and this expertise is best used to find employment in the manufacture of dialysis machines in quality control or other fields. The technician is also qualified to monitor the patient’s condition, including taking vital signs and other requirements for medical assessment.
We hope we have covered all your doubts regarding the course, for further information and guidance, get in touch with our team at Leverage Edu.