Genomic Medicine is the medical sciences field that uses genomic information about an individual or body as a part of clinical care and the possible health outcomes and policy implications of the clinical application. The field is rapidly growing which will change the future of medicine and open a new horizon of health care for consumers. The area needs medical speciality to use the genomic information. And if you have been interested in genomic medicine, continue reading this blog.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Genomic Medicine
The following are the reasons to pursue MSc in Genomic Medicine:
- The field of genomic medicine is rapidly growing which will result in increasing demand for experts in this field.
- The course will train students to apply genetics and genomic information to the healthcare of patients.
- The course will equip students with a diverse range of academic, workplace and fundamental skills in genomic medicine.
- Genomic medicine encompasses the field of bioinformatics to process, analyse and deliver genomic information.
- Medicine has always been a promising career path and new technological development and its application to health care will improve the growth opportunities for students.
The following are the top universities to study MSc Genomic Medicine:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023||Avg Tuition Fees||In INR|
|University of Oxford||4||41,480 GBP/yr||40.92 Lakh|
|University of Manchester||28||32,000 GBP/yr||31.57 Lakh|
|University of Birmingham||91||20,610 GBP/yr||20.33 Lakh|
|Imperial College London||6||40,800 GBP/yr||40.25 Lakh|
|King’s College London||37||16,380 GBP/yr||16.16 Lakh|
|Swansea University||425||21,650 GBP/yr||21.36 Lakh|
|Trinity College||98||15,878 GBP/yr||15.66 Lakh|
|University of Exeter||163||27,000 GBP/yr||26.64 Lakh|
|Johns Hopkins University||24||4,150 GBP/ course||4.09 Lakh|
|Oxford Brookes University||438||17,800 GBP/yr||17.56 Lakh|
A candidate must meet the following criteria to pursue an MSc in Genomic Medicine:
- A candidate must have completed their bachelor’s degree (Honours) in fields such as biomedical sciences, medicine, nursing or any other related field.
- You may be asked to provide English language proficiency test scores: IELTS – 6.5 (overall), TOEFL – 90 (overall).
The following are the document required to pursue an MSc in Genomic Medicine:
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for pursuing MSc in Genomic Medicine:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Genomic medicine is using genomic information for identifying, analysing and treating disease. The use of technology along with genetics is not a new concept in medical sciences. However, gradual developments in technology and their application in the biomedical domain have certainly provided new opportunities for experts in the field. The field is rapidly growing and with ever-changing technological advancements, the demand for professionals in this field will continue to increase.
Job Profile and Salary
The following are some popular career choices to opt for after pursuing a degree in genomic medicine:
|Job Profile||Salary||In INR|
|Genomic Scientist||$90,194||73.69 Lakh|
|Clinical Bioinformatician||$102,728||83.93 Lakh|
|Genetic Counsellors||$82,052||67.04 Lakh|
|Clinical Geneticists||$88,615||72.40 Lakh|
|Genomic Researcher||$85,000||69.45 Lakh|
The following are the top companies for genomic medicine:
- Futura genetics
- Veritas Genetics
- Verge Genomics
- IBM Watson for Genomics
- Verily Life Sciences
- Nanopore Technologies
A. the University of Oxford, Imperial College of London, and the University of Manchester are some of the top colleges to pursue MSc in Genomic Medicine.
A. A candidate must meet the following criteria to pursue an MSc in Genomic Medicine:
A candidate must have completed their bachelor’s degree (Honours) in fields such as biomedical sciences, medicine, nursing or any other related field.
You may be asked to provide English language proficiency tests scores: IELTS – 6.5 (overall), TOEFL – 90 (overall)
A. The following are the reasons to pursue MSc in Genomic Medicine:
The field of genomic medicine is rapidly growing which will result in increasing demand for experts in this field
The course will train students to apply genetics and genomic information to the healthcare of patients
The course will equip students with a diverse range of academic, workplace and fundamental skills in genomic medicine
Well, we hope that this blog has provided you with relevant knowledge related to MSc in Genomic Medicine. And if you are planning to study this course or any other course in any other country, contact our study experts call us at 1800-572-000, and book your free counselling session today. You can also connect with us at the Leverage Edu website.