Medical Imaging Technology is the science of diagnosis and treatment of diseases with the help of techniques like X-ray, Ultrasound, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Computed tomography, Positron emission tomography etc. Firstly, X-rays are used to diagnose or treat injuries to patients, while later, minimally-invasive procedures like ultrasound, MRI, CT scans, etc., are performed to diagnose and treat diseases. Many international and national universities and colleges have Medical Imaging Technology courses in their curriculum as these courses have high job prospects. We bring you a blog on BSc Medical Imaging Technology. You will get all the required knowledge about Medical Imaging Technology through this blog.
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Qualification||10+2 with a minimum of 50%|
|Admission Process||After merit and admission-based counselling|
|Average Course Fee in||2000-10 lakhs depending on the type of institutes|
|Average Salary Offered||Initially is Rs 15,000 to 30,000 per month|
|Top Recruiters||Government as well as private hospitals, education and defence sectors|
|Job Positions||X-Ray Technician, Physiotherapist, Radiation Protection Specialist etc.|
This Blog Includes:
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Overview
- Importance of BSc Medical Imaging Technology
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Syllabus
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Eligibility Criteria
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Application Process
- Skills Required for BSc Medical Imaging Technology
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Specialisation Courses
- Top International Universities Offering BSc Medical Imaging Technology Courses
- Top Colleges in India Offering BSc Medical Imaging Technology Courses
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Job Roles
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Fees
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Salary Package
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Employment Areas
- BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Recruiting Companies
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Overview
- Medical Imaging Technology is a branch of medicine that diagnoses and treats disease.
- A variety of imaging techniques are used to diagnose or treat diseases, including X-ray radiography, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET), fluoroscopy, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology is for candidates interested in broadening their perspectives in the field of medical research and development.
- Ideal candidates would be proficient in time management, able to complete tasks quickly and accurately, manage stress, collect data accurately, make analytical judgments, operate laboratory instruments, and operate computer systems.
- The course is ideal for candidates with an eye for detail, accuracy, autonomy, self-motivation and the ability to work within gruelling hours.
Importance of BSc Medical Imaging Technology
There are many reasons why students choose this subject area to make their career. However, some of the basic benefits of the theme are listed below –
- It provides students with specialised knowledge of the field of radiography which works on creating images of internal organs of the body and then treating diseases found in internal body parts.
- It gives the students in-depth knowledge of diagnostic and therapeutic radiography which is helpful in the treatment of cancer.
- The field of Medical Imaging Technology has vast opportunities and a well-equipped career prospect.
- The average starting salary of Medical Imaging Technology graduates in reputed hospitals ranges between INR 7,000-12,000.
- Students can also continue to pursue their master’s degree in the same field which will further enhance their academic background and of course, increase their value as well.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Syllabus
- Basics of Computer Science
- General Radiography
- Radiation Hazards and Safety
- Personality Development and Communication Skills
- CT Scan 1
- General Radiography
- Environmental Science
- MRI 1
- Organisational Behaviour
- MRI 2
- Nuclear medicine and PET Scans
- CT Scan 2
- Doppler and Echography
- Human Resource
- Intervention in Diagnostic Radiology
- Anaesthesia in Radiology
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to them.
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Eligibility Criteria
- B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology students must meet the specified course entry requirements. One should review the eligibility criteria and see if one is eligible for BSc in Medical Imaging Technology before applying. Below are the minimum requirements for admission to the B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology –
- Students must have passed grades 10+2 with at least 50% of the grades from a recognized institute.
- Candidates must complete their 10+2 in the science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology majors.
- For admission to top universities, candidates must qualify for entrance exams administered at the national or university level.
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Application Process
For B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology in India and abroad, you have to follow the below-mentioned process step by step-
- Do the research and find the right course as per your interest. For this, you can take the help of our Leverage Edu experts.
- Register on the official website of the university for B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology in India and abroad.
- For admission in the UK, you must register by visiting the UCAS website (UCAS). From here you will get the User ID and Password. Sign in with a User ID and select the course you want to choose.
- In the next step, enter your educational details.
- Fill in the details like IELTS, TOEFL, Entrance Exam Score, SOP, and LOR along with educational qualifications.
- Fill in the job details of previous years.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Finally submit the application form.
- Some universities invite you for a virtual interview after selection.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
Skills Required for BSc Medical Imaging Technology
The traits required for your career in Medical Imaging Technology are as follows –
- Analytical Skills
- Observation skills
- Research skills
- Knowledge of Biology
- Technical Equipment Operation
- Interest in Science and Technology
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Interest in Science
- Communication Skills
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Specialisation Courses
- Artificial Intelligence
- Wearable Technology
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Nuclear Imaging
- Intraoperative Imaging
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Top International Universities Offering BSc Medical Imaging Technology Courses
- University College Dublin
- Central Queensland University
- Concordia College
- Salford University
- University College Cork
- University of Queensland
- RMIT University
- University of Liverpool
- Keele University
- University of Adelaide
- University of Missouri
- University of Sydney
- Monash University
- University of Newcastle
- University of West of England
- University of Plymouth
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Robert Gordon university
Top Colleges in India Offering BSc Medical Imaging Technology Courses
- Dr DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai
- St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai
- Christian College, Bangalore
- SRMCRI Chennai – Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute
- Brainware University, Kolkata
- Era University, Lucknow
- Apex University, Jaipur
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Job Roles
The students can get jobs in the following roles –
- Radiation Protection Specialist
- Radiology Assistant
- Ultrasound Technician
- Lead Medical Image Analysis Scientist
- Marketing Executive
- MRI Technician
- CT Scan Specialist
- Area Sales Manager
- Imaging Research Assistant Manager
- Medical Advisor
- X-Ray Technician
- CT Scan Technologist
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Fees
Medical Imaging Technology, a paramedical course, is being offered to students who wish to practice clinical trials in medical treatment using methods of radiation. Bachelor of Science or B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology is a course of 3 years duration and the entire course is about 6 semesters. It is a paramedical field that deals with the treatment of diseases related to the internal parts of the body. In the process of this treatment, they use X-rays. The average course fee in India ranges between INR 2000 and 50,000 in government institutions, however, it can range up to INR 2 and 10 lakhs in a private institution, completely depending on the college in which the student wishes to study.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Salary Package
The salary after completing the bachelor’s degree in Medical Imaging Technology is variable for each candidate and depends on factors such as the skills, knowledge and experience of the candidate, in addition to the job description, the job description and the company. For a beginner with less than a year of experience, the average salary is around Rs 4 lakh per year. For a professional with between one and three years of experience, the average salary is around Rs 8 lakh per year. The average salary for a candidate with at least 5 years of experience is around Rs 12 lakh per year.
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Employment Areas
- Educational and Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Centres
- Doctor’s Offices
- Radiology Clinics
- Government job
- Private job
BSc Medical Imaging Technology – Recruiting Companies
- HLL Life Care Limited
- Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
- Apollo Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Rigid Hospitals, Pvt. Ltd.
- Halton Healthcare Services
B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology includes subjects like principles of medical imaging, medical biochemistry, radiographic techniques, para-clinic training, human anatomy, and science of radiation physics.
Bachelor of Medical Imaging Technology is a fast-growing career and helps students earn a decent salary. That makes the study worthwhile.
Yes, you can apply for the course at the university that is admitted to the course on the basis of merit.
This was about a B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!