Situated in Eastern Europe, Ukraine is the second-largest country in the continent after Russia. Filled with beautiful beaches in the Crimean Peninsula, historical marvels and natural lakes, Ukraine is known as the “Breadbasket of Europe” because of its agricultural produce such as sunflowers and wheat. It is increasingly becoming a popular choice for those wanting to study in European countries as it offers quality programs at economic costs. If you are aspiring to pursue a medical degree in Ukraine and don’t know where to begin, then you have certainly come to the right place. Through this blog, we aim to bring you a comprehensive list of top Ukraine medical universities that you must consider while planning to study a medical program in the country.
This Blog Includes:
- Why You Should Pursue MBBS from a Ukraine University?
- Why MBBS Educational Process is Special in Ukraine?
- List of Medical Universities in Ukraine
- MBBS in Ukraine Fees Structure
- Admission Process for Top Ukraine Universities
Why You Should Pursue MBBS from a Ukraine University?
You might think that even though there are other reputed universities in the world that offer MBBS programs to students, what are the reasons that you should prioritize Ukraine? Apart from the cost-effective fee structure, the education environment of Ukraine in terms of MBBS programs is also great. Here are the reasons why it’s best to choose a Ukraine university to pursue your MBBS degree:
- Not only the course structure but also the living cost in Ukraine is extremely affordable both for Ukraine and international students.
- You will be able to take direct admission to any reputed MBBS college you want in Ukraine.
- The cost of studying MBBS in Ukraine is less compared to Indian colleges.
- The educational background for the MBBS programs is extremely high.
- You don’t need to go through English Proficiency Tests such as IELTS or TOEFL to take admission to Ukraine universities.
- The experienced faculties, medical professors, and superb study materials will help you gain new knowledge.
- The medical universities in Ukraine rank globally
- It doesn’t matter whether you pursue MBBS or other medical degrees, they will be accepted by WHO, UNESCO, MCI, and FAIMER.
- Each student will receive individual attention from the professors.
- More than 5,000 Indian students pursue their higher education in Ukraine. You won’t ever feel left out.
Why MBBS Educational Process is Special in Ukraine?
There are numerous reasons why the education processes for MBBS are eye-catching at Ukraine universities.
- MBBS and other related medical programs are of low cost.
- The faculty members are well-taught and the course curriculum will be taken in English.
- Simpler admission process so students can take admission without any difficulties.
- Separate hotels and rooms for both girls and boys.
- During your stay in Ukraine, you will receive 24*7 assistance.
- Cost-effective living options and accommodation.
List of Medical Universities in Ukraine
Ukraine is renowned for providing quality education with degrees recognized worldwide by UNESCO, WHO, European Union, amongst others. Further, the student visa procedures are also simplified and hassle-free which is ensured by the immigration authorities of the country. Most of the courses are offered in English as the medium of instruction and the academic institutions are home to global faculty members from around the world. There is a plethora of medical universities in the country that offer MD, BDS, MS, MDS, and MBBS in Ukraine. Let’s elaborate on some of the major medical universities in Ukraine that are known for their prospective degrees in Medicine, Surgery and related fields.
Bogomolets National Medical University
Established in 1841, Bogomolets National Medical University is one of the premier medical institutions situated in Kyiv, Ukraine. Bogomolets NMU is home to internationally known faculty members from all across Europe. Renowned among the best Ukraine medical universities, it consists of three faculties spread across the departments of Medicine, Stomatology and Pharmacy that offer MBBS, MD, MDS, BDS, BSc. in Nursing and MS degrees in varied specialisations.
Bukovinian State Medical University
Bukovinian State Medical University was established in Chernivtsi, Ukraine in 1944 and is one of the oldest and largest medical universities in Ukraine. Around 25,000 medical practitioners have been trained in this university under different faculties spread across the specialisations of General Medicine, Medical Psychology and Stomatology, Pediatric, and Pharmaceutical, amongst others. The university offers a bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery along with a multitude of postgraduate programs in several specialisations such as
- Forensic Medicine
- Oncological Gynecology
Danylo Halytsky Lviv State Medical University
Completing its 235 years in 2019, Danylo Halytsky Lviv State Medical University was founded in 1784 and is situated in Kyiv. Another crucial mention in our list of Ukraine medical universities, the institution is home to the faculties of Pharmacy, Dentistry and Medicine and offers degrees in Ukrainian, Russian and English language. It provides an array of medical programs in several specializations and some of the major courses offered by the Danylo Halytsky Lviv State Medical University are:
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
Founded in 1945, Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University in the beautiful city of Ivano is an important cultural and scientific centre in the country. It is among those Ukraine medical universities which are a part of the International Association of Universities and European Association of Universities. Established in 1945, the institution offers an array of various undergraduate, junior specialist, specialist and master specialist courses such as MBBS in General Medicine, Doctor of Dentistry, Bachelor of Pharmacy and MBBS in Pediatrics.
Kharkiv National Medical University
Established in 1805, Kharkiv National Medical University is one of the oldest Ukraine medical universities and has been recognised by MCI, WHO and UNESCO. Earlier known as the Medical Faculty of Kharkiv University, more than 7,500 students have graduated from the institution since its foundation. Further, the university offers various graduate and postgraduate programs in dentistry, pharmacy, medicine and nursing and is home to more than 700 teachers, 32 members of academies as well as 17 honoured scientists.
Lugansk State Medical University
Previously known as Voroshilovgrad State Medical University, Lugansk State Medical University was established in the year 1956. Around 3,000 international students from 60 countries of the world are currently studying at the institution. Moreover, it has been accredited by USMLE, WHO, MCI and various other organisations. It has been ranked amongst the best Ukraine medical universities by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. The faculties of Lugansk State Medical University are spread across Pre-medical, General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Pediatrics and Post-graduation.
Apart from the above-mentioned Ukraine Medical Universities, some of the other major institutions that you must explore are:
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical University
- Odessa National Medical University
- Ternopil National Medical University
- Uzhhorod National Medical University
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
- Vinnitsa National Medical University
MBBS in Ukraine Fees Structure
If you compare the fees of private medical colleges in India with MBBS universities in Ukraine, you will realize that Ukraine is more cost-effective. For six years of an MBBS degree in Ukraine, you don’t need to spend more than INR 17 lakhs. Here’s split up that will help you understand better:
- Tuition fees: 4000 USD/ year (INR 3.2 Lakhs/ year)
- Hostel fee: 600 USD/ year (INR 49K/ year)
- Total fee: 4600 USD/ year (INR 3.7 Lakhs)
You need to pay the tuition fees directly to the university account. You can choose two instalments options while paying for the fees. As there are no hidden charges or donations while studying MBBS at a Ukraine university, the cost won’t go higher.
|Course||Course Duration||Tuition Fee/Year||Hostel Fee/Year||Total/Year|
|MBBS/ MD Physician/ General Medicine||6 years||USD 3900 (INR 3.2 Lakhs)||USD 500 (INR 41k)||USD 4400 (INR 3.6 Lakhs)|
|Dentistry/ BDS||5 years||USD 4300 (INR 3.5 Lakhs)||USD 500 (INR 41k)||USD 4800 (INR 3.9 Lakhs)|
|Pharmacy||5 years||USD 3900 (INR 3.2 Lakhs)||USD 500 (INR 41k)||USD 4400 (INR 3.6 Lakhs)|
|Nursing -Bachelor||1 year||USD 2400 (INR 1.9 Lakhs)||USD 500 (INR 41k)||USD 2900 (INR 2.3 Lakhs)|
|Nursing – Junior Specialist||3 years||USD 2000 (INR 1.6 Lakhs)||USD 500 (INR 41k)||USD 2500 (INR 2 Lakhs)|
Admission Process for Top Ukraine Universities
The admission process for taking admission to a Ukraine university for MBBS program is extremely easy. This is because, unlike the other countries, the Ukraine embassy doesn’t act harshly. But if you don’t know the process perfectly, you might face issues. However, when you contact Leverage Edu, the professionals will help you with the admission process. Let’s discuss the eligibility criteria to pursue MBBS from a Ukraine university.
Make sure you pay close attention to each of the discussed steps below:
- Students must complete their class 12th exam where they need to score at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Students need to categorize their options.
- OBC/ST/SC candidates must have a 40% score in their class 12th exam.
- The candidate must be 17 years or older.
- The candidate needs to pass the NEET exam.
- Only regular students will be eligible to apply
This is another important aspect you need to keep in mind if you’re planning to become ab MBBS graduate. But the application process might get overwhelming. This is where the professional from Leverage Edu will help you. It’s important to complete the application process without any mistakes. Here are crucial things to consider:
- Call us and we will help you shortlist your favourite Ukraine universities for the MBBS degree programs. But you need to submit your application to multiple universities to broaden your chances of getting selected.
- Compile all essential documents. Don’t make mistakes while submitting the documents.
- Submit the application before the deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter
- Don’t forget to get your visa approved.
Here’s a list of documents you need to provide if you have plans to study MBBS at a Ukraine university:
- Birth certificate
- Class 10th and class 12th mark sheet
- Student visa
- Bank statement for financial proof
- Medical reports
- Flight tickets
- Significant passport
- Migration certificate
- Passport sized photos
- Soft copy of the NEET scorecard
Yes. When you complete your MBBS degree program from a Ukraine university and return to India, the degree will still be valid.
No, you need to appear and clear the NEET exam if you want to take admission to a Ukraine university.
Yes, you can. But it’s best if you return to India as you will receive more lucrative job offers and payscale.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.