NEET PG is a widely accepted entrance exam for MD/MS and post graduation/diploma courses across the country. It is held annually by NBE (National Board of Examinations). The ranking you get in this exam is also considered in post-MBBS DNB courses. It is conducted in an online mode. Every year ten thousands of aspirants apply for this exam. For the candidates preparing for a career in medical science, here is a blog that aims to shed light on the details regarding NEET post graduation.
Must Read: Medical Courses Without NEET
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduate Courses (NEET PG)|
|Competent Authority||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam for Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Test Duration||210 Minutes|
|Number of Test Cities||162 Cities in India|
|Courses Offered||MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB post-MBBS|
|Exam Date||May 21, 2022|
|Exam Helpline Number||011-45593000|
This Blog Includes:
- What is NEET PG 2022
- NEET PG 2022 News
- NEET PG 2022: Important Dates
- NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- How to Register for NEET PG Exam?
- How to fill NEET PG Application?
- NEET PG 2022 Admit Card
- NEET PG Exam Centres
- NEET PG Exam Day Schedule
- NEET PG 2022 Result
- NEET PG Counselling and Cut Offs
- NEET PG Exam Analysis
- NEET PG 2022 Preparation
- NEET PG 2022: Preparation Books
- NEET PG 2022 Exam Details
- NEET PG 2022 Syllabus
- NEET PG 2022 Marking Scheme
What is NEET PG 2022
NEET PG (National Eligibility and Entrance Test for Post-Graduation) is a test that is administered across the country to provide admission to various MD (Doctor of Medicine), MS (Master of Surgery), and post graduationDiploma programs. The test is computer-based and administered by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) once a year. Admission to postgraduate MBBS DNB programs is also based on the scores. The test is held for 10,821 MS seats, 9,953 MD seats, and 1,979 PG Diploma seats available in Indian medical colleges.
NEET PG 2022 News
Here is important news that you must know about the upcoming NEET PG Exam:
- According to the revised NEET post graduation2022 Exam Pattern, the question paper will be divided into three parts: Part A (pre-clinical), Part B (para-clinical), and Part C (clinical) (Clinical).
- The exam will last 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- According to the NEET post graduation Marking Scheme, right answers receive four points, while incorrect answers receive one point.
- The subjects in the NEET PG 2022 Syllabus are based on the MCI’s Graduate Medical Education Regulations.
- The NEET PG exam in 2021 was evaluated as moderate by test takers, with roughly 60% clinical questions and 40% one-liners and conceptual questions.
NEET PG 2022: Important Dates
We have tabulated below all the important dates related to the NEET PG 2022. You must check it out so that you do not miss out on anything important.
|NEET PG Events||NEET PG Dates|
|NEET PG 2022 Application form release date||January 15, 2022|
|NEET PG 2022 application form last date||March 25, 2022|
|Last date to submit the fees for the Application Form||March 25, 2022|
|NEET PG 2022 Form Correction for all candidates||March 2 to April 7, 2022|
|Final Edit Window to rectify Deficient/Incorrect Images||April 26 to 30, 2022|
|NEET PG 2022 Admit Card Release date||May 16, 2022|
|NEET PG 2022 Exam date||May 21, 2022|
|NEET PG 2022 Result date||June 20, 2022|
|NEET PG 2022 Counselling||To be out soon|
NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for NEET PG 2022 need to be eligible in the following criteria before applying for it. You can have a look at the eligibility criteria for NEET PG over here:
- Aspirants should have an MBBS degree / Provisional Pass Certificate recognised as per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- They should also have a permanent / provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- They must have completed the duration of internship on or before 31st March, 2022.
- Aspirants found ineligible at any stage will not be permitted to take the exam or appear for counselling.
- The result or candidature of ineligible candidates will be cancelled.
How to Register for NEET PG Exam?
Before you fill out the application form for your exam, you need to register yourself in the exam. Follow the instructions to register yourself for NEET PG Exams:
- Go to www.nbe.edu.in.
- Click on NEET 2022 post graduationExam.
- Click on ‘New Registration’ where you will be directed to register for the exam.
- Here, you need to fill the following details:
- Name of Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- One you have successfully registered, you will receive an email and an SMS of your Login ID and password.
How to fill NEET PG Application?
You can submit your application to the National Board of Examinations. You can apply at www.nbe.edu.in.
- Fill the registration form and you will receive a Login ID and Password.
- You will receive your login ID and password on your Email ID and Phone.
- Fill the application form by logging into your ID.
- Upload your photograph, signature and thumb impressions.
- Choose your test city
- Make the payment
- You will receive the application that you must then print out and use for further use.
NEET PG 2022 Admit Card
Your admit card will be made available on www.nbe.edu.in. Admit cards will only be issued to students who are eligible for the exam. Here are the details you must know about your admit card:
- You will be informed via email and SMS when you receive your admit card, however, you won’t receive it through mail or post.
- You are required to affix your latest passport size photograph on your admit card which should be minimum 35*45mm and not bigger than the box given in the admit card.
- The photograph must be coloured with a white background.
- You must take your admit card to the exam centre.
NEET PG Exam Centres
NEET post graduation2022 will be conducted in 255 cities across. Check out the Exam Centres :
NEET PG Exam Day Schedule
On the day of the exam, you need to follow certain procedures that will guide you through the exam. Students need to arrive at least 2 hours early to complete the requirements:
|Allow students to enter the examination center||12:00 PM|
|Commence Registration for the Test||1:30 PM|
|Entry Closed for Examination Centre||1:45 PM|
|Grant Login Access||1: 50 PM|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||1:50 PM|
|Exam Start Time||2 PM|
|Exam End Time||5:30 PM|
NEET PG 2022 Result
NEET PG results will be declared on June 20, 2022, and will be made available to all the students who have applied for the exam. You can download your scorecard on www.nbe.edu.in using your login details. The results will only be valid for the current admission session i.e. 2022.
It is important to note that there will be no re-evaluation/ re-checking/re-totaling of the marks once results are declared.
NEET PG Counselling and Cut Offs
Only the students who qualify for the exam will be eligible for counseling. Students must have the following cut-offs for counseling:
|SC/ ST/ OBC (Including PWD of SC/ ST/ OBC)||40th percentile|
|UR PWD||45th percentile|
NEET PG Exam Analysis
|2021||The NEET PG question paper was somewhat challenging overall.
Parts A and B were easy to moderately challenging, while Part C took the most time.
The paper’s focus was on clinical expertise, although the questions were not difficult to answer.
The majority of the questions were clinical, with the remainder being conceptual and one-liners.
General medicine, preventive and social medicine, and pharmacology were the most frequently requested inquiries.
The least amount of queries was asked about forensic medicine, ophthalmology, and ENT.
Only 20% of the paper was made up of image-based questions.
NEET PG 2022 Preparation
NEET post graduation2022 preparation should begin with basic themes and progress to more difficult topics as time goes by.
|Simple Topics to Get Started With||Then there are the less time-consuming yet important topics.||Last, choose time-consuming yet important topics.|
|Anatomy||Anesthesia||Preventive and Social Medicine|
|Microbiology||Psychiatry||Obstetrics and Gynaecology|
NEET PG 2022: Preparation Books
|Subjects||Book and Author|
|Anatomy||Self-assessment and review of Anatomy by Rajesh Kaushal|
|Pharmacology||Review of Pharmacology by Gobind Rai Garg & Sparsh Gupta|
|Pathology||Review of Pathology and Genetics by Sparsh Gupta & Devesh Mishra|
|Surgery||Surgery essence by Pritesh Singh|
|Biochemistry||Self-assessment and review of Biochemistry by Rebecca James|
|Physiology||Review of Physiology by Soumen Manna|
|Medicine||Complete Review of Medicine for NBE by Deepak Marwah|
|Pediatrics||Review of Pediatrics & Neonatology by OP Ghai|
|Radiology||Review of Radiology by Rajat Jain|
NEET PG 2022 Exam Details
It is important to know all the important details about the exam you are going to attempt. Tabulated below is some general information about the NEET post graduation2022.
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Medium of the Exam||English|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Questions||300|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s|
NEET PG 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the NEET2022 is divided into preclinical subjects and para-clinical subjects and then further into clinical subjects. They are mentioned below:
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Medicine Dermatology and Venereology
- Surgery, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia,
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Must Read: Are NCERT Books Enough for NEET?
NEET PG 2022 Marking Scheme
Knowing the marking scheme by heart is very helpful in acing your exam. tabulated below is the marking scheme that is followed for the NEET 2022. Have a look here
|Subject||Number of Questions||Mark Weightage|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25||100|
|General Medicine Including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45||180|
|General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia and Radiodiagnosis||45||180|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30||120|
Allocation for each MCQ mark are given below:
|Correct Response||4 marks|
|Unattempted Question||0 deduction|
Online registration for NEET PG 2022 is expected to begin on January 15, 2022.
NEET PG 2022 will be conducted only once a year.
Yes. According to official information in the brochure of NEET PG 2022, all appearing candidates must have a valid and updated Aadhaar card.
Yes. You will need the scorecard while applying for the NEET PG 2022 first round of counseling.
Explore: Courses after MBBS You Must Consider
We hope that this blog has provided you with all the necessary information about the NEET PG 2022 exam. If you are worried about which direction to head in to make a career in medical science, then contact our career experts at Leverage Edu and they will guide you about the right career choices. Enroll for a free session today.