Berlin, Paris, London, and Madrid are considered the European powerhouses of scientific research and innovation. A business management degree at a university in Europe amalgamates conceptual knowledge with creativity and originality. Graduates from elite European business schools are considered at par with those hailing from the top MBA colleges around the globe, if not higher. The relative affordability and the option to work anywhere within the European Union make pursuing an MBA degree from Europe a feasible choice. Through this blog, we will shed some light on how you can pursue an MBA in Europe and the different business schools available on the continent.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Consider an MBA in Europe?
- MBA in Europe: Top Business Schools
- Types of Courses
- Cost of MBA in Europe
- Duration of MBA in Europe
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Admission Process
- MBA in Europe Without GMAT and Work Experience
- MBA in Europe: Hidden Gems
- Scholarships for MBA in Europe
- Jobs and Salary
- Few Points to Remember
Why Consider an MBA in Europe?
Business schools in Europe not only offer candidates the opportunity to learn from leading teams of faculty members but also provide students with an environment to experience management in its true form. With companies like Volkswagen, BMW, SAP, BP, Nestle, and Shell headquartered around various cities in Europe, it gives students an opportunity to acquire knowledge and learn the multifarious facets of business management. The following pointers amplify some of the advantages to the students who want to study MBA in Europe:
- With more than a quarter of the top 100 business institutions situated in the European Union, pursuing this course is a flavour of the best.
- Graduates are free to work anywhere within the European Union. This opens up innumerable opportunities in terms of mobility and career development in diverse cultures.
- A sizeable number of European institutions charge only a fraction of the tuition fees in comparison to American counterparts without cutting down on the quality.
- In terms of career prospects, pursuing an MBA in France or an MBA in Ireland generates an array of employment opportunities and provides high living standards.
MBA in Europe: Top Business Schools
With the increase in demand for professionals who are well-versed in various components of fields like Marketing, Human Resources, International Business, Entrepreneurship, and Operations Management, many universities now offer a multitude of degree programs at postgraduate levels. Here is a list of eleven leading institutions that offer an MBA in Europe:
|University||Country||Program||Tuition Fees for an MBA
|HEC Paris||France||Executive MBA||€92,000 to €97,000|
|IE Business School||Spain||International MBA||€78,300 (January 2023 intake)
€82,300 (September 2023 intake)
|London Business School||UK||Full-time MBA||£109,700
|SDA Bocconi||Italy||Full-time MBA||€65,000|
|Rotterdam School of Management||Netherlands||Executive MBA||€57,500|
|Mannheim Business School||Germany||Executive MBA||€53,000|
|Copenhagen Business School||Denmark||Executive MBA||DKK 105,000 (~€14,117)|
|IMD Business School||Switzerland||Full-time MBA||CHF 97,500 (~€99,266)|
|University of Cambridge||UK||Global Executive MBA||£78,800
|Munich Business School||Germany||Full-time MBA||€32,000|
|Dublin Business School||Ireland||Full-time MBA||€12,750|
|Technical University of Munich||Germany||Executive MBA in Innovation and Business Creation||€39,000|
Types of Courses
Depending on your requirements and preferences, you can choose from a variety of MBA courses offered throughout Europe. The following is a list of the most well-liked MBA programmes offered by MBA schools in Europe:
- Full-time MBA: This programme is for students who are prepared to quit their employment and devote their entire week to classes and study on weekdays.
- A part-time MBA is for people who want to further their careers by learning managerial skills while they are still working. In Europe, the cost of a part-time MBA is also less than a full-time MBA.
- Executive MBA: This programme is intended for senior executives, managers, entrepreneurs, and other business professionals who are currently employed.
- Global MBA: It seeks to give its students exposure to global business. Classes are held in various learning venues, and occasionally in many nations and cultures as well.
Right from MBA in general management to pursuing Management courses in fields like Art, Design and Media; Europe has the capacity to suffice all your needs. To let us all live up to the dream of studying in Europe, the institutions in the continent have a wide range of options in terms of MBA streams. Listed below are a few popular specializations for MBA in Europe-
- Consulting and Strategic Management
- Financing and Accounting
- Resource and Environmental Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Insurance and Investment
- Healthcare Management
- Technology Management
- Industrial Management
- Internal Business Management
- Nonprofit Management and Sustainability
- Transportation Management
- Startups and small business
Must Read: MBA with Low GMAT Score In Europe
Cost of MBA in Europe
When it comes to pursuing studies overseas, one of the most important parameters is to double-check the estimated cost that one has to bear. For all those who are looking forward to pursuing an MBA in Europe, your main expense will go into tuition fees that will depend upon the university and program you choose. On average, candidates tend to spend around €50,000- €89,000 (INR 45,00,000- 80,00,000). Apart from this, another prominent expense would be related to living. Your average cost of living would mainly be based on the city and the type of accommodation you choose. To calculate your monthly expense for living in Europe, here we have linked our very own cost of living calculator.
Duration of MBA in Europe
The length of the degree is one benefit of earning an MBA in Europe. A full-time MBA can often be completed in one year in Europe. EU MBA programmes, however, differ. An Executive, Part-Time, Joint, Global, and Online MBA are all options.
The following are the lengths of the various MBA programmes offered in Europe:
Programs in Europe
|Full-time MBA||12 to 24 Months|
|Global/International MBA||18 Months|
|Executive MBA||12 to 24 Months|
|Part-time MBA||12 to 24 Months|
|Online MBA||24 Months|
|Specialized MBA||10 to 24 Months|
|Joint MBA||15 to 19 Months|
There are some conditions that you must meet in order to enrol in MBA programmes in Europe. The core requirements for an MBA in Europe remain the same, despite variations depending on the programme and university you choose. The following list includes a few of the more significant ones:
Indian students need to submit a number of documents in order to get admitted to MBA programmes in Europe. The following are some criteria for an MBA in Europe that are typical:
- Academic Transcripts
- CV or Resume
- LOR or Letter of Recommendation
- SOP or Statement of Purpose
- Scorecards of IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT
- Work experience certificate (if applicable)
Must Read: Europe Work Visa
Below is a step-by-step guide for overseas students to apply to various universities for an MBA in Europe:
- Decide which MBA programme you want to enrol in, then search for the best university that offers it.
- Visit the university’s official website and gather all information on eligibility and the admissions procedure.
- Submit scanned copies of all the necessary paperwork (transcripts, a resume, IELTS or TOEFL results, GMAT or GRE scores).
- Complete the appropriate application form and submit payment.
- Interview the corresponding university directors in-depth. This is a fantastic chance to show off your soft skills and mental clarity.
- After passing your personal interview and receiving the conditional offer letter, you may reserve your seat at the specific university.
- By accepting the university’s terms and conditions, you can pay your deposit. This deposit is not transferable.
MBA in Europe Without GMAT and Work Experience
A good GMAT score is one of the fundamental requirements for studying MBA in Europe. As was previously stated, a GMAT score of 600 or more is required for admission to the best MBA programmes in Europe. Do you know that there are schools where you can study for an MBA without taking the GMAT? The same holds true for professional experience. Yet here, “how” becomes the key question.
The best method to get into the college of your dreams, regardless of whether you want to skip the GMAT or work experience, is to enhance the other prerequisites. For an MBA in Europe, for instance, without any work experience, you can strive for a high GMAT or GRE score or do extraordinarily well in your undergraduate courses. Your chances of being chosen for the top MBA programme in Europe will also be improved by a well-written Statement of Purpose or Letter of Recommendation.
The above-mentioned B-schools are considered the most elite in Europe. But there are some other lesser-known universities offering an MBA in Europe. Given below is a list of such business schools:
|Name of the School||Location|
|Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester||UK|
|Trinity College Dublin School of Business||Ireland|
|Mannheim Business School||Germany|
|European Business School||Germany|
|Copenhagen Business School||Copenhagen|
|Central European University Business School||Hungary|
|Warwick Business School, University of Warwick||UK|
|University of St. Gallen||Switzerland|
|Warsaw University of Technology Business School||Poland|
Scholarships for MBA in Europe
The greatest ways to pay for your studies and living expenses in Europe are through MBA scholarships available to international students in Europe. The majority of MBA awards for Indian students studying in Europe are merit-based. To determine your eligibility for MBA scholarships in Europe, visit the relevant university websites. These are a few of the well-known ones:
|Deans Impact Scholarship||29,580 EUR|
|HEC Paris MBA Scholarship for Excellence||50% tuition fees|
|London Business School Fund Scholarships||Upto full tuition fees|
|The 30 Percent Scholarship EMBA||20% to full tuition fees|
|Imperial Excellence Scholarship||Upto 17,740 EUR|
|Forté Foundation Scholarship for Women||26,000 EUR|
Must Read: Let’s Explore Scholarships In Europe!
Jobs and Salary
The following list of popular MBA jobs in Europe and their typical salaries:
|Job Title||Average Salary Per Year|
|Sales Executive||100,000 EUR – 120,000 EUR|
|Business Developer||30,000 EUR – 70,000 EUR|
|Revenue Manager||35,000 EUR – 55,000 EUR|
|Assistant Marketing Strategist||30,000 EUR – 45,000 EUR|
|Account Manager||30,000 EUR – 70,000 EUR|
International students who pursue an MBA in Europe are qualified to seek for positions at several prestigious public and private organisations. Most European businesses that hire MBA graduates include:
Few Points to Remember
Before you apply for an MBA in Europe, there are a few essential details regarding the tuition fees, the application process, and the duration of the course which you must know.
- The admission requirements to pursue the degree program can slightly differ from one country to another. For instance, the prerequisites for pursuing an MBA in Poland can vary from that of an MBA in Sweden.
- In general, the course runs for a period of 12 months to 16 months but can sometimes extend up to 24 months.
- You must choose from the different categories of MBA degrees on offer, namely, Integrated MBA, Global MBA, etc according to your preferences.
- Traditional application requirements such as GRE/GMAT/IELTS scores, Transcripts, letters of Recommendation, and Statements of purpose form an essential part of the admission process.
Although there are different stages, a Graduate Record Examination (commonly known as the GRE) or a Graduate Management Admission Test (also known as the GMAT) as well as an English Language Proficiency Test (like the IELTS) are always typically required for an MBA programme in Europe.
In general, MBA programmes offer graduates a good assurance of a high employment rate. European MBAs provide a comprehensive perspective and instruction on global business issues, so they are sure to expand employment chances not just in Europe but everywhere else on the planet.
Expenses typically range from 5,000 to 10,000 EUR per year for just 2 MBAs. 55 MBAs make between 10,000 and 20,000 EUR annually. About 20,000 EUR annually: around 50 MBAs.
Thus, pursuing an MBA in Europe can be a life-changing experience. If you also wish to study the course and build a career in management, the study abroad counsellors at Leverage Edu can lend you more than a helping hand so that you can take an informed step towards a rewarding career.