Berlin, Paris, London, and Madrid are considered as the European powerhouses of scientific research and innovation. A business management degree at a university in Europe amalgamates conceptual knowledge with creativity and originality. Graduates from the elite European business schools are considered at par with those hailing from the top MBA colleges around the globe, if not higher. The relative affordability and the option to work anywhere within the European Union makes pursuing an MBA degree from Europe a feasible choice. Through this blog, we will shed some light on how you can pursue an MBA in Europe and the different business schools available on the continent.
Why Consider an MBA in Europe?
Business schools in Europe not only offer candidates the opportunity to learn from leading teams of faculty members but also provide students an environment to experience management in its true form. With companies like Volkswagen, BMW, SAP, BP, Nestle, and Shell headquartered around various cities in Europe, it gives students an opportunity to acquire knowledge and learn the multifarious facets of business management. The following pointers amplify some of the advantages to the students who want to study MBA in Europe:
- With more than a quarter of the top 100 business institutions situated in the European Union, pursuing this course is a flavor of the best.
- Graduates are free to work anywhere within the European Union. This opens up innumerable opportunities in terms of mobility and career development in diverse cultures.
- A sizeable number of European institutions charge only a fraction of the tuition fees in comparison to American counterparts without cutting down on the quality.
- In terms of career prospects, pursuing an MBA in France or an MBA in Ireland generates an array of employment opportunities and provides high living standards.
MBA in Europe: Top Business Schools
With the increase in demand for professionals who are well versed with various components of fields like Marketing, Human Resource, International Business, Entrepreneurship, and Operations Management, many universities now offer a multitude of degree programs at postgraduate levels. Here is a list of eleven leading institutions that offer an MBA in Europe:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
|Name of the School||Location||QS Rankings 2020||Financial Times Rankings 2019||Courses|
Global Executive, and Tsinghua INSEAD Executive MBA
|London Business School||UK||2nd||2nd||MBA,
|HEC Paris||France||3rd||6th||MBA and
|IESE Business School||Spain||4th||3rd||MBA,
Executive MBA, and
Global Executive MBA
|IE Business School||Spain||5th||9th||Tech MBA,
|Judge Business School, University of Cambridge||UK||6th||5th||MBA and
|Said Business School, University of Oxford||UK||7th||4th||1+1 MBA,
|Esade Ramon Llull University||Spain||8th||7th||Full-Time,
Multinational MBA, and
ESADE-Aalto MBA For Executives
|Imperial College Business School||UK||9th||39th||Full-Time,
|SDA Bocconi School of Management||Italy||10th||10th||MBA,
Rotman-SDA Bocconi GlobalExecutive MBA
|IMD Business School||Switzerland||–||8th||MBA Executive|
Specializations for MBA in Europe
Right from MBA in general management to pursuing Management courses in fields like Art, Design and Media; Europe has the capacity to suffice all your needs. To let us all live up to the dream of studying in Europe, the institutions in the continent have a wide range of options in terms of MBA streams. Listed below are a few popular specializations for MBA in Europe-
- Consulting and Strategic Management
- Financing and Accounting
- Resource and Environmental Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Insurance and Investment
- Healthcare Management
- Technology Management
- Industrial Management
- Internal Business Management
- Nonprofit Management and Sustainability
- Transportation Management
- Startups and small busine
Cost of MBA in Europe
When it comes to pursuing studies overseas, one of the most important parameters is to double-check the estimated cost that one has to bear. For all those who are looking forward to pursuing an MBA in Europe, your main expense will go into tuition fee that will depend upon the university and program you choose. On average, candidates tend to spend around €50,000- €89,000 (INR 45,00,000- 80,00,000). Apart from this, another prominent expense would be related to living. Your average cost regarding living would mainly be based upon the city and the type of accommodation you choose. To calculate your monthly expense for living in Europe, here we have linked our very own cost of living calculator.
As Europe has started to emerge as a new hub of international students pursuing tending courses like MBA, do universities in Europe have devised a particular set of rules that is to be followed by the Indian students. Regardless of the stream that you are opting for MBA, here is a common set of prerequisites that you must abide by-
- Formal schooling of 10 + 2 from a recognised board
- A bachelor’s degree in related or any field with a good GPA
- Minimum required score in GMAT or GRE
- A good score in English language proficiency exams like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Some universities demand full-time work experience of around 1-5 years
- LOR and SOP in the prescribed format
MBA in Europe: Hidden Gems
The above-mentioned B-schools are considered as the most elite in Europe. But there are some other lesser-known universities offering an MBA in Europe. Given below is a list of such business schools:
|Name of the School||Location|
|Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester||UK|
|Trinity College Dublin School of Business||Ireland|
|Mannheim Business School||Germany|
|European Business School||Germany|
|Copenhagen Business School||Copenhagen|
|Central European University Business School||Hungary|
|Warwick Business School, University of Warwick||UK|
|University of St. Gallen||Switzerland|
|Warsaw University of Technology Business School||Poland|
Few Points to Remember
Before you apply for an MBA in Europe, there are a few essential details regarding the tuition fees, the application process, and the duration of the course which you must know.
- The admission requirements to pursue the degree program can slightly differ from one country to another. For instance, the prerequisites for pursuing an MBA in Poland can vary from that of an MBA in Sweden.
- In general, the course runs for a period of 12 months to 16 months but can sometimes extend up to 24 months.
- You must choose from the different categories of MBA degrees on offer, namely, Integrated MBA, Global MBA, etc according to your preferences.
- Traditional application requirements such as GRE/GMAT/IELTS scores, Transcripts, letters of Recommendations, and Statement of purpose form an essential part of the admission process.
Also Read: Study in Europe Without IELTS
Thus, pursuing an MBA in Europe can be a life-changing experience. If you also wish to study the course and build a career in management, the counselors at Leverage Edu can lend you more than a helping hand so that you can take an informed step towards a rewarding career.