“Every problem is a gift – without problems, we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins. If working in a business house and managing varied tasks is a part of your dream job, then pursuing a professional course pertaining to the field of Business and Management, right after high school will be a perfect match for you. Due to advancement in both the education sector as well as the business sector, there is a colossal wave of courses available in the field. One among such degree programs in the Bachelor of Business Management. The degree is designed to equip students with skills necessary to perform leadership roles in the business and corporate world. So, here is an insightful blog that will provide you with the key essentials of Bachelor of Business Management as well as the top universities you can pursue it from.
This Blog Includes:
Bachelor of Business Management: Overview
BBM or Bachelor of Business Management which is an undergraduate program that can be a 3 to 4 year long in duration. Business management is that field that defines the overall activities of managerial roles in any organisation ranging from planning, coordinating to implementation of the functions. The following objectives can be marked as BBM essentials:
- It is that branch of education which provides knowledge and training pertaining to planning, execution, supervision and analysis of a business enterprise.
- Under this field, one learns about the establishment of a company or an organisation, and various functional levels such as production, financial, administrative, human resources, sales & marketing and others.
- The subject is open to students from all streams – Commerce, Science and Arts and can be pursued at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
Majors of Bachelor of Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial management
- Operational management
- Human resource development management
Every university sets a course curriculum according to their vision of the field. Thus, the subjects taught under a course might slightly vary depending upon the university one picks. Given below is a list of quintessential subjects of BBM:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- Principles of Management
- Managerial Economics
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- General English
- Research Methodology
- Marketing Management
- Production Management
Although key requirements for pursuing a Bachelor of Business Management degree may vary as per the university one opts for, there are some general eligibility criteria which are commonly set by universities across the globe. Listed below are the common conditions you need to fulfil in order to apply for this particular course:
- Candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized board of examination.
- SAT or ACT scores are required to apply at most of the foreign universities.
- TOEFL or IELTS score is also mandatory for abroad applications.
To have an excellent career later, one must dream to pursue a Bachelor of Business Management from top universities. To experience a life-changing, career-shaping educational adventure, study BBM from the following universities:
|London Business School||London, UK|
|Harvard University||Cambridge, United States|
|Stanford University||California, United States|
|University of Pennsylvania||Philadelphia, United States|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Cambridge, United States|
|Bocconi University||Milano, Italy|
|University of Oxford||Oxford, UK|
|Copenhagen Business School||Frederiksberg, Denmark|
Scope of Bachelor of Business Management
The various recruiting sectors that employ Bachelor of Business Management graduates like finance, marketing, management, human resources, sales, corporate communication, etc. As the degree equips individuals with multiple skills, a student can perform a series of jobs. Listed below are some proficient job profiles of BBM:
- Management Trainee: Perform managerial duties under the guidance of seniors, learn various business operations and ensure that the tasks assigned are completed within the deadline.
- Sales Representative: Sale of goods and services, customer relations, maintaining a record of current customers and bring in new customers.
- Marketing Executive: Devise plans to increase the reach of goods and services thereby increasing sales. Their job role includes performing tasks set by seniors, maintain records and help in strategizing and execution of marketing campaigns.
- Manager: Lead and oversee a team’s performance to increase company revenue. A business organization hires Managers for each department to plan, execute and maintain day to day functioning of a department, encourage the team in optimizing their performance and meet the targets within the deadline.
- Assistant Manager: Assist the manager in the smooth functioning of the department, perform some managerial tasks and oversee the team members on the manager’s behalf.
- Financial Analyst: Explore and assess investment opportunities on behalf of an individual or a business enterprise. They advise investment in bonds, securities, mutual funds, banks, stocks, etc.
- Business Analyst: Analyzing the current status of a business, forecasting, outlining problems, finding out solutions, and budget planning for new projects. A business analyst acts as a business advisor of the stakeholder in helping him plan future projects.
Students can also opt for a master level course in management like MBA in multitudinous fields like:
- MBA in Aviation
- MBA Agribusiness
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Power Management
- MBA in Material Management
- MBA in Media Management
- MBA in Data Analytics
- MBA in Agriculture
- MBA in Energy Management
- MBA in Communication
- MBA in HR
Salary After Bachelor of Business Management
However, the salary of an individual varies in accordance with the university they went to pursue a Bachelor of Business Management. We have formulated a table that showcases a minimum average salary package of an individual with BBM degree:
|Job Profile||Average Salary (in LPA)|
|Management Trainee||3 and above|
|Sales Representative||3 and above|
|Manager||8 and above|
|Assistant Manager||6 and above|
|Financial Analyst||4 and above|
|Business Analyst||6 and above|
BBA vs BBM
BBA focuses on logical and analytical related topics and the specialisations come to play in the final year of the course. The administrative course teaches students the basics functions of business like Marketing, Finance and Human Resource Management. Whereas, Bachelor of Business Management focuses on making the student competent to take major managerial decisions, handle teams and manage the company at a managerial level.
Also Read: BBA vs B.Com
This is all one needs to know about the Bachelor of Business Management. If you dream to pursue this course from top universities across the globe, let Leverage Edu come to your rescue. We will connect you with a suitable mentor who would help you shape an excellent career!